The Beast needs to regain his bite

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Sandro is one of my favourtite footballers at Spurs, but for a variety of reasons "The Beast" has lost his bite. He needs to rediscover the controlled energy and ferocity that made him one of the finest defensive midfielders in the game, not the best footballer to follow on Instagram. Come back to us Beast. Put your mobile phone down and start jogging.

Read article

A good read. I'm still hoping Schneiderlin won't come, and that we can get the Beast and the Moussa back on form, (and Bentaleb, Capoue and Paulinho, our mid is awesome in theory).

Great read.

I have been thinking that people are underestimating Sandro by not including him in their start of season sides.

I want him in. Because on form, he'd be (with Hugo) our most valuable and important player. Top form Sandro pisses on top form Morgan Schniederlin.

Great read.

I have been thinking that people are underestimating Sandro by not including him in their start of season sides.

I want him in. Because on form, he'd be (with Hugo) our most valuable and important player. Top form Sandro pisses on top form Morgan Schniederlin.

i think most agree in principal, and that any disclusion is on the assumption he'll be missing from 25+ games.

i think most agree in principal, and that any disclusion is on the assumption he'll be missing from 25+ games.

Absolutely. He was tremendous for us right up until that knee injury against Woolwich in 2012-2013, and hasn't really been the same since IMO. If he can get close to that form, he's a valuable asset, but in all seriousness his track record suggests large periods of absence.

I would have to disagree with a top form Schniederlin and Sandro. That in Poch's system, Sandro would be the better contributor. Schniderlin's game for me, is that much quicker than Sandro's. Movement, thought and distrobution. Of the 2. Schniederlin is the better fit imo. Having said that, I could see the pair of them playing along side one another, with Sandro taking the more defensive role in a 2 in front of the back 4. Especially away from home.

his bite isnt the problem, his knees are.

His recent injuries were not related to his knees under Sherwood. They were groin and something else (ankle I think).

He played a blinder on the last day of the season and looked sharp.

IMO the season ending came at the wrong time for him. He litterally said he was fit weeks before the last game (which started the Shrrwood drama).

Great read.

Yep. Some players have come back better after the same knee injury.

RVN had it just before he signed for Man Utd. Fergie waited for him to rehab, then signed him and he came back better and scored insane amounts of goals and was just as fast.

Like I said, the seasons end came too soon. Because he was fit and ready to go and destroyed villa.

It's also obvious that Brazil needed him in the World Cup.

Absolutely spot on, this guy has it all to be a legend at spurs, he just needs to focus his mind and get fit, form will come later but just get a run of games together, it's all well and good being the joker but the real joke is the amount of time he's spent on the physio table.

It's good to see Sandro getting some love in this thread.

What I have noticed is last season no Spurs fans were waxing lyrical about Schniederlin.

The only time I have seen an explosion of Schniederlin worship was after his tackling stats were released before the World Cup and everything Southampton was linked to us due to Poch.

I think some posters are pretending they watched him all last season, know how he will fit into Spurs when their worship IMO is based off articles and stats.

Sandro was known by other fans in his pomp because he was a killer and intimidating. His reputation and presence in the tunnel etc was obvious and his impact (literally) massive.

The same goes for a lot of our midfield. It's not a coincidence they attacked our flanks. It's not pleasant tangling with sandro, the moose etc in the middle of the park.

His Facebook message today sums it up for me.

'Keeps calm, I am the beast'.

He's got this.
:sandroscream:

Last edited:
It's good to see Sandro getting some love in this thread.

What I have noticed is last season no Spurs fans were waxing lyrical about Schniederlin.

The only time I have seen an explosion of Schniederlin worship was after his tackling stats were released before the World Cup and everything Southampton was linked to us due to Poch.

I think some posters are pretending they watched him all last season, know how he will fit into Spurs when their worship IMO is based off articles and stats.

Sandro was known by other fans in his pomp because he was a killer and intimidating. His reputation and presence in the tunnel etc was obvious and his impact (literally) massive.

The same goes for a lot of our midfield. It's not a coincidence they attacked our flanks. It's not pleasant tangling with sandro, the moose etc in the middle of the park.

I wouldn't take the Schniederlin praise too seriously, he seems like a good player but it's probably got a lot to do with the fact we have Poch as manager and all managers like to bring their fav players along when they move, if Sandro goes and Schneiderlin comes in it's won;t be the end of the world I will simply reserve judgement.

We are packed in the midfield area anyway, I would much rather we get a player who will bag us 20+ goals a season (basically Bony) and perhaps another good centre back if Dawson and maybe Kaboul are going. I feel the lack of a top class forward and Spurs back luck with centre back injuries may bite us on the arse if we don't solve them where as Schnierlin seems more a luxury buy considering what we have.

i have a lot of love for sandro. he's a quality player, but unfortunately he's made of balsa wood.

i would have no issue with selling but obviously the ideal scenario is that he stays fit and plays.

Back
Top Bottom