Thank you Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loads of highs,, Finale game and the Madrid game being two of the best games I have attended.

Meeting him in the Corridor at the training ground was a surreal experience. ALL of the staff I spoke to at THFC (stadium and training ground) had nothing but good things to say about him and his team. Maybe in the end he was too nice and should have been tougher with ENIC and Levy.

Feel for him as he was definitely not backed financially.

2:0 vs Chavs and City when we completely outplayed tnem

We were big time then playing like a big club - one of the best in the league and everyone fucking feared us

So sad

Last edited:
2:0 vs Chavs and City when we completely outplayed tnem

We were bit time then playing like a big club - one of the best in the league and everyone fucking feared us

So sad

I was bought up in the 90's and let's face it we were a laughing stock. Never thought I'd see the day when the big teams start to fear us, and we become a team that everyone wants to avoid. Poch took us to that level.

First manager that I have felt a real connection with on a personal / philosophical level. He brought a whole new energy and perspective to the club and pushed us even more than I initially thought we could.

Really going to miss this bloke and hope he goes down as one of the clubs best ever, as I think he deserves.

Should have just banished the players and kept the manager. They were nothing before Poch got here.

I can’t believe we fired one of our best managers ever. If a rebuild is coming then Poch should have led it.

Amsterdam, Real at both Madrid and Wembley and Chelsea 3-1 away, among many.

Thanks for everything, Mauricio, there are numerous other games I could mention but I do think it was time to leave. Nine months of relatively poor football results needed addressing.

Thanks for the first 3 years, Poch.

Fantastic adventure and rejuvenation of our club and playing style.

It's run its course; you reached your threshold with us.

Please reflect on what you did wrong and adjust accordingly and I hope you can develop into a more well-rounded manager long term.

Adios amigo.

Back
Top Bottom