TFC - POTY nomination

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TFC POTY

• Alderweireld

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Eriksen

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Kane

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Llorente

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • Son

Votes: 65 63.7%
  • Vertonghen

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Winks

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
I don't think Sissoko has been our best player but we all seem to agree he has turned into a reliable assets that we want to stay. This time last year we wanted him out.

I personally am willing him to score when he plays as we can see what it means to him and it would be deserved with the effort he puts in. I think the crowd and players would go mental if he did. There would be a pitch invasion...

Son, Eriksen, and Sissoko.

All 3 have made massive contributions this year, two of them have received more attention for those contributions, but all of them have been the core of our success this year.

Also worth noting Winks, who, when not injured, has been great in midfield.

Son for me, especially after both the World Cup and Asian Games.

If it wasn’t for the injuries I’d have gone for Kane. Bit of a slow start but he’s still generally performing at a ridiculous level and shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Son for me, especially after both the World Cup and Asian Games.

I saw that as a non-contribution (as it's not in a Spurs shirt and wouldn't typically be of benefit to us).

(Otherwise, why not vote Hugo for the WC win?)

If it wasn’t for the injuries I’d have gone for Kane. Bit of a slow start but he’s still generally performing at a ridiculous level and shouldn’t be taken for granted.

...And thus think Harry has been just as valuable.

In turn, concluding that [my] winner is:

Moussa Sissoko.

Winks & Jan can round of the shortlist of 5 and thrash it out with the other two for 2nd & 3rd.

> Son and Sissoko both apparently sitting on 66% of the vote each as I type this.

American_Psycho-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1483994504848._RI_SX940_.jpg

Son or Jan.
Moussa is most improved player but no way our best or the difference.

....But Jan (eg) has?

Best? ....No; but I think the later is where the debate becomes compelling.

People shit themselves when he picks up a knock these days...

I think it's a three-way race between Toby, Son, and Sissoko. Sissoko is the feel good story, and should frankly be Daniel Levy's player of the year, because he filled the gaping hole left in the squad in miraculous fashion. Son has scored essential goal after essential goal, seemingly reached a new level as a player, and provided not just cover for Kane but leadership in his absence. He took the reins of the club, and that's why I think he will probably win.

Toby won't win because of this contract situation, but I don't think that should be relevant and he'd get my vote. He's logged the most time on the field of any player this season, and done it while returning to his effortlessly classy form, and that reliability in the face of all the challenges and chaos we've faced this season personifies what's good about this squad, IMO.

Can we wait 5 more games or so please ? It's very close between those 2.

I'd also rate Toby because he had to spend an important part of the season trying to hold the defence together in Jan's absence etc.

I agree with your thoughts about Jan and Winksy too.

I might be in the minority but I still have to stick with Jan. He has been consistent throughout the season, absolutely calm under pressure, absolutely pivotal in the good work we've done, I think that performance against Dortmund was possibly one of my favourite individual performances of the season too.

I think it's wonderful to have the luxury of so many players. I love the fact that Sissoko is in there when most of us would not be bothered if he'd have left of you'd have asked at the start of the season. He has been a revalation and I would be happy to change my vote to him if he could shoot. But his work rate and drive really have made a huge difference.

Son is definitely a contender too, I do think we see him as a much more dangerous player when Kane is out, he has more freedom and he can be devastating on the break, there's no denying the amount of times he has popped up to save us, for me he has been brilliant at the business end of the season but not as consistent as Jan.

Sissoko gets many plaudits for his improved performances, but for me that means he should just get “most improved player”.

Son is our player of the season IMO with Vertonghen close behind.

Back
Top Bottom