Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

99.999% sure it's his fitness. I'd leave it 5/6 weeks before taking the same tone as everybody else, and hold out a bit of hope they have him doing a tonne of fitness work. The conference league games could be used as his pre-season and hopefully Nuno can get him playing PL by early September. If he can't become a regular starter by January, with all the ability he has, we'll have to find a way to move him on.
You sir, have far too much logic for this thread. We need more angry food-based puns over here

99.999% sure it's his fitness. I'd leave it 5/6 weeks before taking the same tone as everybody else, and hold out a bit of hope they have him doing a tonne of fitness work. The conference league games could be used as his pre-season and hopefully Nuno can get him playing PL by early September. If he can't become a regular starter by January, with all the ability he has, we'll have to find a way to move him on.

If he is deemed not worthy of minutes in friendlies, why would we give him minutes in a competitive European match?

The problem with Ndombele is not his fitness, per se. He’s fit enough to train with the first team so he is not in a completely decrepit state. It’s his attitude in general. When he trains harder than all the other players who play in his position, maybe he can get some minutes. If I’m Nuno and I see Nile John and Oliver Skipp working their bollocks off then I see Tanguy strolling about, moaning, moping after every challenge, etc, I wouldn’t be able to give him any minutes either. Nike John deserves to be involved in the ECL far more than Ndombele at this point in time. You can’t give players minutes just because they cost a lot of money.

As things stand he’s another Giovanni Dos Santos or Adel Taarabt. Huge talent but no willingness to suffer.

Look at Nuno, look how fit and trim he is, he is very much into fitness and his players have to be able to word hard. So with his own principles, he must really despair with someone like Tanguy and that's why he is not in the team at the moment.

with everyone turning on Ndombele, he's sure to have an amazing season.

:nunothumb:
I'm pretty sure he doesn't read TFC, I'm not even sure the cunt can read English.

I want nothing more than him to turn it around and be a driving force for us, because there's one hell of a player there. He would just rather drive to KFC than drive himself on.

You are right. I'm sorry. I'll go and rethink all my life choices. Please don't tell my mum or the admin.

:tanguythumb:
Just wish you never find yourself in a similar situation where you're getting slagged off for something, due to personal issues or hardship. Karma can be a bitch sometimes.

It's probably just a slight misunderstanding of English in a portugese accent. Nuno has told him to keep running 'til he's panting. He thought the instruction was to keep running to his pantry.

Just wish you never find yourself in a similar situation where you're getting slagged off for something, due to personal issues or hardship. Karma can be a bitch sometimes.
I've been slagged off loads of times. In fact I'm being singled out right now by fucking idiots on a web forum because reasons whilst others get a free pass despite saying the same thing.

I'm well within my right to voice my opinion.

I hope all is well with him mentally and in his personal circumstances, I'm not wishing harm on anyone.

What the fuck is happening to this place and why is it now full of absolute weapons?

Careful mate, they'll moan about me with posts like that.
Don't worry mate I got a diatribe the other day. I have since explained that it's just a bit of wordplay light relief from me. I mean he isn't actually fat. I suspect that he doesn't have the correct attitude to pair with his aptitude for football in order to make it in a squad looking to compete toward the top of the PL.

Don't worry mate I got a diatribe the other day. I have since explained that it's just a bit of wordplay light relief from me. I mean he isn't actually fat. I suspect that he doesn't have the correct attitude to pair with his aptitude for football in order to make it in a squad looking to compete toward the top of the PL.
Combination of all of those. His attitude clearly isn't that of a world class midfielder or even a professional footballer. And that is something that was flagged at his previous clubs.

Yes, the light relief point is the key. We're talking about our record signing--literally the most we've ever paid for player in club history--who, over multiple seasons and multiple managers, has been constantly unable to either get on the pitch or stay on the pitch. When he plays, he looks knackered, and what we see and hear about training suggests he is not a model of effort. And we have never been a club that can just write-off 60m as an "oh well" sort of mistake. So this is all massively frustrating.

So what do we do? I think it's actually healthy to translate that frustration into puns and jokes, because what's the alternative? Anger? And sure, I guess I'll feel sheepish if it turns out his mum has been fighting cancer or he has serious persistent mental health problems or whatever, but given what we do know, I'll go with the jokes for now, thanks.

that's the thing though, who the fuck would buy him?

he's on 200K a week! he owes us his professionalism at the very least.

based on the last 2 years with us, no one would look at him ant think ok, 50M is good value for the lad.

he's dug his own grave, but prob doesn't give too much of a fuck cause he's on 200K a week.

Back
Top Bottom