Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if he was injured and we were just continuing to play him hoping he’ll be ok when really he needs an operation. Did it with both trippier and Davies until Davies needed a groin and hernia operation in the summer.

I said months ago that I reckon he has a sports hernia and we are just delaying his surgery (or worse, haven't realised) like we've done plenty of times in the past.

I said months ago that I reckon he has a sports hernia and we are just delaying his surgery (or worse, haven't realised) like we've done plenty of times in the past.

If we were using him regularly in games I could get behind that theory, but the fact he is only good for 20 minute cameos and is clearly not trusted to start, I have a hard time believing that we wouldn't have sent him for the surgery by now

If we were using him regularly in games I could get behind that theory, but the fact he is only good for 20 minute cameos and is clearly not trusted to start, I have a hard time believing that we wouldn't have sent him for the surgery by now
:levywtf:
Surgery? Sounds expensive. Rub some dirt on it he'll be okay.

Yeah but we don't know how much his injuries are the issue. He's had groin, hip and hamstring injuries since joining us, the first time in his career where he's picked more up those kind of injuries. Sometimes an apparent minor injury can lag and cause aggregation.

I haven't got a clue what the reasons are but if they are justifiable, which could be the case as we honestly don't know the ins and outs then it's very harsh to be jumping up and down on the guy like a few do. What goes on away from the cameras and media to what we perceive happens are two very different things sometimes.
Then there diabetes, fat ratio, osteoarthritis, wine gum disease and cakitis!!

If Jose knew Wolves have 5 fast players we can't match then why didn't he have a plan in the second half and 2-1 up to frustrate the opposition, be a bit defensive and don't let them make circle/circus around our players, ie: manage the game and get 3 points. This man was doing all this for the last 20 years, why can't he do it Spurs?! He seems so relaxed these days, doesn't care, he is like semi retired but the salary....

thats just embarassing.

I find it so odd that Ndombele is the one getting flack over this clip. This isn't his man at any stage in this phase of play. The only thing he can actually do is foul Neto but why would he do that, pick up a yellow when he has at least two other players covering him and another, Davies blocking a passing lane to the only other Wolves player that can receive the ball? Maybe he should have tried to show him down the line when he cuts inside of Winks but honestly, that's it.

Take a look at what exactly the "lynchpin" Davies is doing if you really want to find a player to point a finger at.

Last edited:
I find it so odd that Ndombele is the one getting flack over this clip. This isn't his man at any stage in this phase of play. The only thing he can actually do is foul Neto but why would he do that, pick up a yellow when he has at least two other players covering him and another, Davies blocking a passing lane to the only other Wolves player that can receive the ball? Maybe he could also try to show him down the line when he cuts inside of Winks but honestly that's it.

Take a look at what exactly the "lynchpin" Davies is doing if you really want to find a player to point a finger at.

He's under the microscope at the moment because of his apparent issues. Look at how the other 3-4 Spurs players are. Only fair we shouldn't criticise them a little as well if we are dishing it out.

He's under the microscope at the moment because of his apparent issues. Look at how the other 3-4 Spurs players are. Only fair we shouldn't criticise them a little as well if we are dishing it out.
How many pies do you think Davies has eaten whilst recovering from his injury? looking at that clip, compared identically to Ndombele I'd say he's got shares in Greggs. Seeing as he's a defender, that isn't defending and in fact, playing behind Ndombele, makes you wonder.

How many pies do you think Davies has eaten whilst recovering from his injury? looking at that clip, compared identically to Ndombele I'd say he's got shares in Greggs. Seeing as he's a defender, that isn't defending and in fact, playing behind Ndombele, makes you wonder.

I counted 6 players in that clip that got the piss taken out of them. Winks, Ndombele, Dier, Davies, Sanchez and I think Gedson or Bergwijn. Why as you said is it Ndombele getting hassle? Yet he should get it in the neck but the others surely should as well.

As you've mentioned look at how flimsy Davies was there. That has to get pointed out but as you have said it didn't get a comment or a look from most.

I find it so odd that Ndombele is the one getting flack over this clip. This isn't his man at any stage in this phase of play. The only thing he can actually do is foul Neto but why would he do that, pick up a yellow when he has at least two other players covering him and another, Davies blocking a passing lane to the only other Wolves player that can receive the ball? Maybe he should have tried to show him down the line when he cuts inside of Winks but honestly, that's it.

Just look at the half arsed way Tanguy is running back. He is a professional footballer, a supposed athlete, and yet he is jogging back like a fat Tyson Fury. Where is the urgency, where is the effort. Very sad

I counted 6 players in that clip that got the piss taken out of them. Winks, Ndombele, Dier, Davies, Sanchez and I think Gedson or Bergwijn. Why as you said is it Ndombele getting hassle? Yet he should get it in the neck but the others surely should as well.

As you've mentioned look at how flimsy Davies was there. That has to get pointed out but as you have said it didn't get a comment or a look from most.

Ummmm I can give you £55M reasons why he is getting stick, not to mention another £200,000K in wages a week. While none of them coated themselves in glory the sight of such a talented and expensive player waddling along behind him practically holding his hand did grate my balls.

In that entire phase of play, there is another Spurs player that's better positioned to effect Neto. The player who can least have an effect is Ndombele (other than showing Neto down the line, which I don't think that's in his skill set as a player anyway).

Gedson should be running beyond our CB's, which will give them confidence in coming out to engage the player on the ball (knowing that they now have cover and are not the last man), it really is basic shit.

Ummmm I can give you £55M reasons why he is getting stick, not to mention another £200,000K in wages a week. While none of them coated themselves in glory the sight of such a talented and expensive player waddling along behind him practically holding his hand did grate my balls.

Does that mean the other 4-5 players in that clip shouldn't be getting stick as well?

Back
Top Bottom