Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele needs to be further up the pitch. Tactically, he dropped back a lot last season and did a great job at what he was asked to do, but his offensive numbers suffered because of it.

It's better for the team if he's further up in a 4-2-3-1, 3-4-1-2 or 4-4-2 diamond.
Dele is at his best making late runs into space. If he’s playing on the outside of a midfield 3 he can run to space created by the front 3. It’s similar to how the US has put Pulisic in that position and he’s really flourished in it.

Dele is at his best making late runs into space. If he’s playing on the outside of a midfield 3 he can run to space created by the front 3. It’s similar to how the US has put Pulisic in that position and he’s really flourished in it.
I mean at that point its basically a 4-2-3-1 with Dele on the outside, which is where he was before. Our shape tends to be pretty dynamic anyway, he just needs freedom to move about.

'N'dombele' goes with that Hare Krishna chant, doesn't it?

N'dombele N'dombele N'dombele N'dombele - N'dombele N'dombele N'dombele N'dombele

Edit - and it may be possible for me to remember the lyrics.

Last edited:
Not going to believe this until I see the video of him telling us the correct pronunciation of his name...

Just say Dembele and put a nnn in front of it. I'm much more worried about the accents
Ndombele
Ndombèlé
Ndombelé
Ndombélé

^^ I've seen all those (sorry, but I think the one in the thread title is definitely incorrect)

One things sure - the Spurs Shop will run out of them, or get the wrong ones.

Just say Dembele and put a nnn in front of it. I'm much more worried about the accents
Ndombele
Ndombèlé
Ndombelé
Ndombélé

^^ I've seen all those (sorry, but I think the one in the thread title is definitely incorrect)

One things sure - the Spurs Shop will run out of them, or get the wrong ones.
I've heard the N could be silent though...

Yeah I’ve heard the same, is it Dombele or Undombele?
When he signs for Man City and he does his first interview, I’m sure we’ll clear it up..

:levyeyes:

giphy.gif

Ndombelé - give it some wellé - better than Pelé - Ndombelé (still using the Hare Krishna rhythm)

He'll probably have Tanguy on his shirt now, the bastard.

Winks is bench player. Get over it.

Why would a bench player be put straight into the starting lineup for a Champion's League final?

Winks, when fit, goes straight into our starting XI. He is currently the only midfielder we have who is comfortable doing even 50% of what Dembele used to do. He is happy to receive the ball in difficult areas and always has his head up looking to play passes. If Ndombele comes then it will be Sissoko who will be sweating, he will have to up his game and be less timid on the ball if he wants to stay in the starting XI.

Why would a bench player be put straight into the starting lineup for a Champion's League final?

Winks, when fit, goes straight into our starting XI. He is currently the only midfielder we have who is comfortable doing even 50% of what Dembele used to do. He is happy to receive the ball in difficult areas and always has his head up looking to play passes. If Ndombele comes then it will be Sissoko who will be sweating, he will have to up his game and be less timid on the ball if he wants to stay in the starting XI.
I find it encouraging that we are having this debate rather than "if he's fit he's starting, whomever that may be" that seemed to be the theme of last season.

Back
Top Bottom