Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's being used perfectly there. Putting a player of Ndombele's ability on in the second half of games at times is pretty much a cheat code at certain levels. He'll destroy tired legs with his ability.

Which as I mentioned before, isn't really possible here because of the high standards of the fanbase based on his transfer fee and wages.
I'd prefer a player that A wants to play 90 mins and B can play 90 mins.

"because of the high standards of the fanbase"

^^^Is bollocks.

He's in exile cos his fitness and attitude stinks.

It's not bollocks at all.

We all know of Ndombele's deficiencies. But we knew all these before we signed him. So why as a fanbase were we expecting something from him that he never provided?

We didn't sign him for upwards of £50,000,000 to track runners, be the hardest working midfielder in the team and defend like his life depended on it. We signed him (for an astronomical fee for sure) to be a press resistant midfielder who can move the ball forward.

I haven't blamed the fans once on Ndombele's failure here. He doesn't train as well as a professional footballer should, his attitude has been called into question plenty of times (as it was BEFORE we signed him) and he is to blame.

Again, it's like City fans (or any other fans really) complaining about Grealish not scoring enough goals or doing his defensive work when he cost £100,000,000 despite everyone knowing that Man City didn't sign Grealish to score goals or do the defensive work.

We all would.

Which is why Ndombele being used perfectly by Napoli wouldn't have worked at Spurs. He's on loan there, not their player and I doubt they pay his full wage, so they can use him in a way that benefits the team and gets the absolute best of Ndombele.

Would you prefer a player that A) can play 40-60 minutes as an impact sub/starter or B) force the player to play 90 minutes until he fails and then sit that player on the bench and pay his salary.

I'll take A. I think we can all agree we'd prefer a player that can play 90, but we already bought Ndombele so the cost is sunk.

Ndombele has value as that impact sub player but because of the record signing fiasco and I don't think he was well liked by spurs players or supporters, he had no shot of turning into a role player here.

Would you prefer a player that A) can play 40-60 minutes as an impact sub/starter or B) force the player to play 90 minutes until he fails and then sit that player on the bench and pay his salary.

I'll take A. I think we can all agree we'd prefer a player that can play 90, but we already bought Ndombele so the cost is sunk.

Ndombele has value as that impact sub player but because of the record signing fiasco and I don't think he was well liked by spurs players or supporters, he had no shot of turning into a role player here.
In a perfect world I'd like C, get rid of the lazy cunt and get him off the wage bill.

We all know of Ndombele's deficiencies. But we knew all these before we signed him. So why as a fanbase were we expecting something from him that he never provided?

We didn't sign him for upwards of £50,000,000 to track runners, be the hardest working midfielder in the team and defend like his life depended on it. We signed him (for an astronomical fee for sure) to be a press resistant midfielder who can move the ball forward.

I haven't blamed the fans once on Ndombele's failure here. He doesn't train as well as a professional footballer should, his attitude has been called into question plenty of times (as it was BEFORE we signed him) and he is to blame.

Again, it's like City fans (or any other fans really) complaining about Grealish not scoring enough goals or doing his defensive work when he cost £100,000,000 despite everyone knowing that Man City didn't sign Grealish to score goals or do the defensive work.

You - Re: playing him as an impact sub:

"Which as I mentioned before, isn't really possible here because of the high standards of the fanbase based on his transfer fee and wages."

........How he is deployed is a decision that starts and ends with the manager.

So why are you blaming the fans? .....They don't have power of selection.

In this follow up post you then ask:

"So why as a fanbase were we expecting something from him that he never provided?"

.........He's in exile cos he doesn't meet the manager's expectations.

Further more by throwing around rabid hyperbole such as fans expecting him to be "the hardest working midfielder in the team and defend like his life depended on it." (which they never have); you certainly seem to be driven to blame the fans for *something*!

The fact he did well (first time round) in Ligue1 and now seems to be 'coping' shall we say in SerieA, yet struggled in the Premier League tells you everything...

Some players just aren't suited to certain leagues... some are.

Nothing to do with Nationality (as plenty of foreign players have come here and adapted superbly, likewise, a few British players have struggled abroad) more to do with technical ability, attitude, and the willingness to adapt if your skillset doesn't match up to what is required.

NDombele is undoubtably a technically gifted player... but so was Adel Taraabt!! Took him several moves and a few more years of experience to realise what he had, but by then, it was almost too late!

If a player just doesn't fancy it, there's not a lot we can do, other than lend him to someone who can get summit worthwhile out of him.
Good for Napoli for a) taking that chance, and b) making it work for them!

I think it's fair to say we expected him to be able to complete a 90 match more than 20% of his time here, that's a very very basic requirement and noting above the expectation level of footballers at any level let alone Prem level.

The way I see it, it's hard for us to keep a player on the books, being paid so much, training so little, producing what we need so little, without disrupting the wage structure and harmony within the club. Maybe he could be a good impact sub here, but I feel like the effect of his presence within the squad would be demoralizing and enabling, and set a bad standard for the other players.

Levy and Paratici need to just chalk it up as a loss, learn what they can from it, endeavour not to repeat that mistake, and move on- we've got a lot more important shit to worry about right now than trying to turn a profit from Ndombele.

The way I see it, it's hard for us to keep a player on the books, being paid so much, training so little, producing what we need so little, without disrupting the wage structure and harmony within the club. Maybe he could be a good impact sub here, but I feel like the effect of his presence within the squad would be demoralizing and enabling, and set a bad standard for the other players.

Levy and Paratici need to just chalk it up as a loss, learn what they can from it, endeavour not to repeat that mistake, and move on- we've got a lot more important shit to worry about right now than trying to turn a profit from Ndombele.
Jesus wept. This isn't pre-school.

Any professional athletes that are demoralized that they aren't making £200K/wk should:

1. Try not sucking.

2. Work harder.

3. Repeat.

4. ___________________

Jesus wept. This isn't pre-school.

Any professional athletes that are demoralized that they aren't making £200K/wk should:

1. Try not sucking.

2. Work harder.

3. Repeat.

4. ___________________
What? My point was that it sets an unacceptably low standard among the other players to accept his presence at the club.

Back
Top Bottom