Swansea away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Match ratings in here, gents.

Friedel 6 7 just saw the saves again

Walker 6.5
Dawson 5
Vertonghen 8
Naughton 4

Parker 6
Dembelé 6
Lennon 6
Bale 8 (MOM)
Sigurdsson 5.5

Adebayor 5

Defoe 5
Holtby 5 5.5 think he did well pressing

AVB 6 Good win, tricky game. Team picks itself under the circumstances, so does the tactics. Personally I would have wanted Holtby on earlier and pushed forward Bale, but a winning manager is always right.

Same old Spursy problems remains as per the rest of the past season:
- Far post defending
- Set piece defending
- Retaining posession

Spurs MoM is Bale just edging Vertonghen.

Friedel (8)- Solid throughout. Incredible save on their quick free kick. If that had been Lloris people would be rioting with joy.
Walker (6)- Still shaky but ultimately nothing too costly.
Dawson (6)- Got dominated by Michu in the air, lacked explosiveness jumping. I think he's still finding his way back after the knock.
Vertonghen (9)- The goal was a beauty. What a touch for central defender. Lots of big tackles too.
Naughton (7)- Swansea continually attacked down the left and I thought Naughton certainly held his own. Will always be hampered by not being left footed.
Lennon (7)- The unsung hero of our side. So good defensively. Wish we'd got him the ball more offensively.
Parker (7.5)- Had a very solid game. Did Parker things.
Dembele (6.5)- Poor fella looks a bit knackered. Hope we start Tommy Carroll on Thursday.
Sigurdsson (5.5)- Anonymous for the most part. Did nothing wrong though. Another goal robbed.
Bale (9)- What else is there to say about the lad?
Adebayor (6.5) Thought his first half was his best in a while, touch looked much better. Remains woeful in front of goal.

Defoe (4)- Brutal. Only had 11 touches on the ball when he came in. His effort pressuring the ball up top was so minimal. If that had been Adebayor, Facebook Tottenham might have combusted.
Holtby (6.5)- As expected, brought lots of much needed energy.

Friedel 7 - made some pretty solid saves.

Walker 6 Get's caught in possession a little too much.
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 9 Amazing again, the way he took that ball out of the air was sublime.
Naughton 5 Got sucked inside too often which allowed Dyer the chance to get balls in.

Parker 6 Good defensively, he keeps giving the bloody ball away though.
Dembelé 6
Lennon 6
Bale 9 - Brilliant pass for Vertonghen and amazing finish.
Sigurdsson 5 - Quiet game, and struggled on the wing.

Adebayor 5 Sloooooowly improving, desperately needs goals for confidence, hold up play improving too, and played more centrally which was better. Silly booking hamstrung him for the rest of the match.

Defoe 5 Same as Ade without the hold up play.
Holtby 5 Made a couple of rash challenges, still needs to settle in.

Friedel 6

Walker 6
Dawson 5
Vertonghen 9
Naughton 4

Parker 6
Dembelé 6
Lennon 6
Bale 9
Sigurdsson 5.5

Adebayor 5.5

Defoe 5
Holtby6

Lennon (7)- The unsung hero of our side. So good defensively.

This is so important to remember. Although he doesn't is as threatening offencively as he probably should've been, his workrate is so high and that makes the task for Walker (and the rest of the defence) so much easier.

Friedel - 8

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 9
Naughton - 6

Parker - 6.5
Dembele - 7

Lennon - 6.5
Bale - 8.5
Siggy - 6

Adebayor - 6

Defoe - 4
Holtby - 7.5

Friedel - 8 (saved us... big time without Lloris)

Walker - 4.5 (awful game)
Dawson - 6 (was decent, got beat my Michu in the air too much)
Vertonghen - 9 (MOM)
Naughton - 5 (not very good, got beat inside too many times)
Parker - 7.5 (exactly what we needed in the 2nd half to help us hold on)
Dembele - 6.5 (disappeared in the 2nd half)

Lennon - 7 (gave us balance back)
Bale - 9 (It's Garth Bale, enough said)
Siggy - 6

Adebayor - 4.5 (reckless tackles, not very good)

Defoe - 5.5 (not very good, but had a nice shot
Holtby - 7 (his energy helped us hold on)

I'm guessing everyone's Walker ratings have been multiplied by 2? Off the top of my head I can remember him volleying the ball as hard as he could across our box instead of forward. Did his best 2nd half to cost us a goal as well.

Friedel - 7

Walker - 6
Dawson - 6.5
Vertonghen - 9
Naughton - 5

Lennon - 5.5
Parker - 6.5
Dembele - 6.5
Sigurdsson - 5.5

Bale - 8

Adebayor - 5.5

Subs:
Defoe - 4.5
Holtby - 5.5

Friedel - 7

Walker - 5
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 9
Naughton - 6

Lennon - 6
Parker - 7
Dembele - 6
Sigurdsson - 5

Bale - 8

Adebayor - 5

Subs:
Defoe - 4
Holtby - 5
Just finished watching the whole game and the above ratings are close I reckon: Super Jan MOM: Bale just behind him.

Friedel - 6

Walker - 3
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 9
Naughton - 6

Parker - 7.5
Dembele - 5.5

Lennon - 7
Bale - 9
Sigurdsson - 6

Adebayor - 6.5

Holtby - 5.5