Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But if a shame the whole thing after such a perfect performance against Dortmund, I don't know if it's Poch/teams youth and inexperience, our lack of depth in attacking areas or what but we are mainly average after European games.

Title is pretty much over already, can't see both United and City going off the boil. Wembley and a poor start we would be better this season concentrating on cups. Pick up a cup and for me it's a good year even if we finish 5th.
We always drop points after European games it seems. Going back as far as 5 years back. This week should not be as big a worry since we get one extra day of rest before we head to West Ham.

Winning the title this year was always going to be a longshot. Obviously it should always be our goal for every season. But personally I've always felt that this season was more about cementing us as a CL level team and to win a cup. Both of which are still easily doable (heck, the league is probably still doable as well but by a longshot).

On the one hand, if Kane's shot goes in, there is not much to talk about. On the other, we do have a tendency to draw too many games against weaker opponents. It is something United addressed and we didn't.

I don't think they necessarily have addressed it as they haven't played anyone of note yet

For long periods Everton looked the better side for example!

I don't think they necessarily have addressed it as they haven't played anyone of note yet

For long periods Everton looked the better side for example!

I agree Everton looked the better side for long periods, but I actually think that is precisely why United have addressed it. They didn't win that type of game 4-0 last season. It was a 0-0, or a late 1-1. Scraping a draw against a team of note is fine by the way, and actually Everton were expected to be in that category before the season kicked off. But basically it's the games United were expected to win at home and didn't is where the main problem was and I feel they have addressed that significantly early on given their goal difference. They may not have played better on the eye every single time but they are more set up now to finish teams off regardless. That is what we could always do more of.

Back
Top Bottom