Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck were we doing with Davies and dembele on the bench, I love poch and I am not calling for his head but that was wenger esc tactics. So fuming dembele is so important when we want to break teams down. The son experiement at left back did not work last year and it doesn't work this year. Moving trippier to left back so that he can't cross on the outside was bullshit. . .

They're the kind of tactical decisions we expect when we have a new England manager that's "experimenting. Very poor.

Pissed off for a few reasons. Mainly the result. But we should just start playing like an away team at home from now on if it gets us over the line. That's what teams do to us. It's about time we switch it around and stop playing into their hands.
I've heard this a number of times now, but what is "playing like an away team"?

Playing Son I think was for his performance on wed as a reward, but for as good as he is there's no place for him in our first eleven! He's a squad player for us that's the hard fact. As for today we struggled as we have before against teams that don't play football Dortmund play football,chavs play football,city play football and therefore we can play against teams like Swansea,W.B.A,Stoke etc who just don't attempt to play football we struggle! In saying that buying Lorente for a presence in the box and getting headers then not hitting him was pointless might as well kept Jansen and played on the deck.
Son was our best player on the pitch and started in the wrong position. Alli should have been the one subbed off instead.

Approach the game like we did at Everton and Newcastle. The away games where we make things happen.
Sounds meaningless to me. It's not as if we have a different set of players and tactics for away games. We approached those games like we approached our home games last year. So when we play away this year are we "playing like our away games are at home"?

You could just as easily say all our games are already away games.

At the end of the day the players need to get used to Wembley. I don't think there is a great deal more to it than that.

Sounds meaningless to me. It's not as if we have a different set of players and tactics for away games. We approached those games like we approached our home games last year. So when we play away this year are we "playing like our away games are at home"?

You could just as easily say all our games are already away games.

At the end of the day the players need to get used to Wembley. I don't think there is a great deal more to it than that.

Well thats the crux.....some people keep saying Wembley isnt a problem though. It clearly is unless they think we are playing like we did at WHL there...

Last year has no bearing. WHL is dust so there is no comparison. We are playing away with more freedom and less pressure. If someone cant see any difference I envy them, because for me, Wembley is AVB all over again

Back
Top Bottom