Surfer flag

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread is one of the problems with our atmosphere at the Lane.

Dont turn your fucking nose up at people trying to make a difference, embrace it. They're trying to do something for our club.

There's a culture to slate people that seek to make a difference, claiming they are attention seeking or actually de-prioritising the more organic stuff like simply simply supporting by, say for example, going after Stub Hub and then suggesting why they don't try to make a difference by doing X something something.

Ironically, they spend their time bitching and bemoaning this rather than doing something about that X something something that is being supposedly ignored.

It's a fucking mess not because of modern football but because we are a fucking mess.

There's a culture to slate people that seek to make a difference, claiming they are attention seeking or actually de-prioritising the more organic stuff like simply simply supporting by, say for example, going after Stub Hub and then suggesting why they don't try to make a difference by doing X something something.

Ironically, they spend their time bitching and bemoaning this rather than doing something about that X something something that is being supposedly ignored.

It's a fucking mess not because of modern football but because we are a fucking mess.
Are you saying Carlito is an attention seeker?

Surely not! :avbshock::dempsey::adeohshit:

The names would actually be "ghosted" onto a dark blue background so unless you were underneath it or the TV camera focused in very closely you wouldn't be able to see them.

Anything other than a dark blue background (ie white) and it would get filthy really quickly.

Also people need to know this isn't just a surfer and that's it - we (I'm personally not even involved in the atmosphere group) are talking about a whole package of changes designed to build up atmosphere before kick off - music will play a big part of that too.

But there is no perfect recipe, it's going to very much be a case of trial and error and consultation with fans has to play a big part in that. If something doesn't work after 2 or 3 tries then we move on to something else.

1882 will play a massive part on this too and as we continue we'll work with them to find a permanent home within the stadium.

The key goal here is to gain enough momentum and influence that this group is the 1st place the club turn to regarding atmosphere in the new ground BEFORE we move into it.

If it's done properly it won't look forced or contrived and case studies from similar groups up and down the country are being sought

You USED to be alright Darren. The militant voice of the trust...what has happened to you?

*knows what happened to you*

You USED to be alright Darren. The militant voice of the trust...what has happened to you?

*knows what happened to you*

I'm still militant when things require it but right now on this particular subject I think it's important to help younger generations of the clubs fans than myself have some input into how they show their enthusiasm for the club.

As a trust we can only engage with those that actively seek to work with us and that's what we are doing here.

As for your little comment at the end, if that some kind of accusation you'd be better off focusing on former trust board members who like to make themselves appear angelic via social media than me.

It won't let me view it?

Terrible idea anyway, not a very 'spurs' thing for me that flag idea..

BX_kAVGIYAAH97B.jpg

Sherringham!!!!

...am I allowed to not totally hate it??

The only thing for me is, it does totally block the view of whoever's under it when it's going round...
What if someone scored at that precise moment..? I'd be fucking LIVID!

I'm still militant when things require it but right now on this particular subject I think it's important to help younger generations of the clubs fans than myself have some input into how they show their enthusiasm for the club.

As a trust we can only engage with those that actively seek to work with us and that's what we are doing here.

As for your little comment at the end, if that some kind of accusation you'd be better off focusing on former trust board members who like to make themselves appear angelic via social media than me.

Don't get drawn into replying to him

Just to say, I agree it's good to try new ideas, and am not against the new flag. They just need to be sure all our legends are on it, certainly the ones within living memory, if they're going down that route. I don't know if Sandy Brown and John Cameron of the 1901 team are on it, but they must be too. They are absolutely key to the history of Spurs, far more important than any of our current players.

But to reiterate it's good to see new ideas. I want the Lane to match, in our own way, the vibrancy of the best of the Continental stadiums. 1882 is a giant step towards that, other ideas can help too. I agree many of the club's policies actually militate against a better atmosphere, and ENIC need to address these as best they can.

An interesting subject thats for sure. I'm not sure if this design is Club led or not? So the club would like a surfer flag, then let the fans have a real say in the design of the flag, otherwise it's not natural or authentic it's contrived.
After AVB's statement about atmosphere the club should engage 1882 in a more proactive way, for a start, have a dedicated section in the middle of the Park lane for our most vocal fans. The knock on effect would be great.

I have always liked what the Green Brigade do at Celtic, why not do the same.

The club could easily give 1882 and the trust facilities at the club to make banners or displays. The designs of such flags could be debated and voted on in this very forum. I'm sure we have members on here with many skills to make this work, i bet there is the odd grafic designer on here who could come up with great designs we could all be proud of.

If the club really want to improve the atmosphere, it's simple engage the fans and tell the stewards to back down, the constant demands for people to sit down is one of the main reasons for atmosphere dying off.

Maybe when everyone's done passing the flag around you can wrap carlito up in it and fuck him off the top tier

then we'd all be saved from seeing his pointless fuckn threads, but coke sales might take abit of a hit

Back
Top Bottom