Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s how it feels. The club has been used to facilitate all the property purchase and development. It’s clever and it’s effective, but it has the impact of undermining the sporting competitiveness of the club.

The way things are, it could be right to assume, ENIC / Tavistock don’t really need the club itself to do anything further. And that’s why we have been reversing up the road for a while.
This is spot on. I'm sure the owners would like a good side and champions league football for the 'brand' but because of the stadium we now dont need it. Why spend a ton of money on players who, given the strength of the prem, might not make top 4 anyway. Why risk it when you know you can keep the money rolling in regardless. It feels like we've been duped. They will make the odd PR gesture like Bale or the sabre rattling over Kane to give the impression we're still competitive but its just smoke and mirrors. They simply aren't bothered and the managerial search was 100% proof of that.

This is spot on. I'm sure the owners would like a good side and champions league football for the 'brand' but because of the stadium we now dont need it. Why spend a ton of money on players who, given the strength of the prem, might not make top 4 anyway. Why risk it when you know you can keep the money rolling in regardless. It feels like we've been duped. They will make the odd PR gesture like Bale or the sabre rattling over Kane to give the impression we're still competitive but its just smoke and mirrors. They simply aren't bothered and the managerial search was 100% proof of that.
They don't give a fuck about success as it is beyond their business model and value can be increased by funding other projects .
They will make an odd gesture to appease the dickhead brigade . Spin anything but we have all heard it before.
This century nothing but a poxy poor man's cup . These cunts are just fucking us for ever and ever

This is just wrong, we hired an extremely expensive manager to try and win. We could of just sold Kane and bought a couple cheap young strikers. I'm not saying we are spending what we should either, its def part of the problem. However it's more about our strategy with transfers and players, we penny pinch in the wrong areas and it ends up costing us more. Look at the waste of money in right back and midfield over last couple years.

This is just wrong, we hired an extremely expensive manager to try and win. We could of just sold Kane and bought a couple cheap young strikers. I'm not saying we are spending what we should either, its def part of the problem. However it's more about our strategy with transfers and players, we penny pinch in the wrong areas and it ends up costing us more. Look at the waste of money in right back and midfield over last couple years.
Thats the point, its grand gestures which might get good PR and not thinking what is best for the team. Mourinho was expensive in wages but unlike the other candidates in Nov 19 , Naglesmann and Rodgers, he didnt have a big compensation package. Thats the penny pinching in the wrong areas.

Although I’m loathed to defend them in anyway as I believe Lewis has the capability to spend on par with Abramovich. If the model is spend more via stadium revenue you really can’t judge that yet with the pandemic. Even that considered £350m over 3 years is pretty decent just awful scouting not helped. I do actually believe when stadium is fully operational our spending will be pretty substantial. Still hugely frustrating to see Lewis spending £8bn + on his Florida projects.

Although I’m loathed to defend them in anyway as I believe Lewis has the capability to spend on par with Abramovich. If the model is spend more via stadium revenue you really can’t judge that yet with the pandemic. Even that considered £350m over 3 years is pretty decent just awful scouting not helped. I do actually believe when stadium is fully operational our spending will be pretty substantial. Still hugely frustrating to see Lewis spending £8bn + on his Florida projects.

That additional income from the stadium will vanish into thin air and you know.

Most of our spend comes from sales so don't kid yourselves that the players we buy shows we do spend.

THFC are now just a sideshow event that you can see at the ENIC Group Arena

Most of our spend comes from sales so don't kid yourselves that the players we buy shows we do spend.

I mean none of this is true in the last 3 years we haven’t made a major sale. And everything from stadium revenue literally goes into club accounts. People have every right to be frustrated and angry at some of the mismanagement, but really the amount of utter bollox people just make up is incredible.

I mean none of this is true in the last 3 years we haven’t made a major sale. And everything from stadium revenue literally goes into club accounts. People have every right to be frustrated and angry at some of the mismanagement, but really the amount of utter bollox people just make up is incredible.

"club accounts".

You mean the company accounts. Where it will be used to service further real estate speculation development of the company.

aMbItIoN, you know.

Last edited:

There is ZERO evidence of Enic taking money out of Spurs in the last 15/20 years - no dividends for example or loans from enic at inflated interest rates (both of which Glazers use to take money out of Man U..

If you think otherwise, please post an authentic source such as the accounts - here are the 2020 accounts for ease https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/33788/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2020.pdf others are on the OS.

Otherwise please don't post falsehoods.

There is ZERO evidence of Enic taking money out of Spurs in the last 15/20 years - no dividends for example or loans from enic at inflated interest rates (both of which Glazers use to take money out of Man U..

If you think otherwise, please post an authentic source such as the accounts - here are the 2020 accounts for ease https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/33788/financial-results-year-end-30-june-2020.pdf others are on the OS.

Otherwise please don't post falsehoods.

The money doesn't go "out of the club".

It's goes into the company. And stays in the company through real estate developments. Making the company worth loads more.

Which is what investment banking is all about. Which kind of makes sense. Since we are owned by investment bankers.

How that is supposed to be a defence of ENIC and TG, well, lol, that kind of Spurs supporters I will never understand.

244014873_277550594372429_2027166043189759391_n.jpg

Look who turned up tonight for the meeting. Some say he is positive that talks will go well and they'll see his side of things.
As my old nan would say “what a schister”

ENIC.

20 years in 5 lines of text.

Bingo.

People say "yeah but winning would make them richer". Well, yeah. But attempting to win and not winning all the time would make them poorer. Which is why they are not trying to.

You can name 3 names, more or less random luck over those years hitting us in those 3 persons:

Bale. Poch. Kane.

OK, 5 if you are pushing it:

Rafa. Redknapp.

Not SINGLE one of those were a result of any ENIC deep football insight or complex strategy planning. It just happened, just as good and bad things happen to us and other clubs along the way.

We were fortunate enough for them to happen alongside the explosion of TV revenue.

That’s true but you’d have to say the football would be the largest revenue stream.
Bundled pricing though. You get all of it. You are not paying a chunk to watch Spurs as such. Your paying a chunk for access to live sports and concerts. Tottenham as a selling point / premium attraction is meaningless really.

Add in the club will throw in some token gesture to season ticket holders and the trust will bend over backwards thanking them because that is really all the supporters trust really gives a damn about is getting things that benefit them as season ticket holders.
I remember Kath celebrating about getting chips (yes cut fried potatoe) on sale when the new stadium opened. Don’t if it was done tongue in cheek

The money doesn't go "out of the club".

It's goes into the company. And stays in the company through real estate developments. Making the company worth loads more.

Which is what investment banking is all about. Which kind of makes sense. Since we are owned by investment bankers.

How that is supposed to be a defence of ENIC and TG, well, lol, that kind of Spurs supporters I will never understand.
Can't see how people don't see this
The money isn't being stolen. It just isn't being reinvested in the team. A bit is, sometimes, but the bare minimum and anyone expecting a change now the stadium is open again is mad. That's not the large share of the clubs income anyway, it's TV money and sponsorship.

"club accounts".

You mean the company accounts. Where it will be used to service further real estate speculation development of the club.

aMbItIoN, you know.

No I mean Tottenham Hotspur FC accounts which are published every year and there for everyone to see. All stadium revenue outside match day is listed as commercial.

Can't see how people don't see this
The money isn't being stolen. It just isn't being reinvested in the team. A bit is, sometimes, but the bare minimum and anyone expecting a change now the stadium is open again is mad. That's not the large share of the clubs income anyway, it's TV money and sponsorship.

Again just rubbish. How can you even judge if the new stadium revenue is being invested in the team when we haven’t even completed a full season with fans or held anything like a full program of non football events. The stadium will probably contribute 1/3 of our revenue going forward if not not more. And if football money is used to fund any property outside of the stadium or training ground please show some evidence of this ? You’ll be hard pressed because there isn’t any. All Lewis/Tavistock seem to do is use the club name for planning applications as I presume this greases the wheels a bit. I don’t think there’s any evidence that football generated revenue has been used on any of the property schemes outside the stadium complex. Tavistock are a multi billion pound company that literally build cities. They don’t need to use THFC generated revenue for their property schemes.

Back
Top Bottom