Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea have drawn 2 games out of 22.

You can wank yourselfs off all you like over the thought of Chelsea drawing 3-4 games, but it isn't going to happen. Statistically they'll draw 1 more, maybe 2. But that won't be enough to win the league.

Sometimes goals don't come, this is football.
good result for them, could have been better for us.
However we haven't lost.
I was saying before, sometimes you don't score, but if if you don't concede you can't lose.
Give credit to Sunderland they have O'Shea back and he organised them well. He makes a massive difference to their back line.
Get a fucking grip. Want to win fucking everything with the same players. Blown the title, what bollocks. Everyone expected. Chelsea to win, if they wouldn't have fucked up, they would have. Gooners lost at home to Watford, they were expected to win too.
So if we did win and they did no fucking difference. Yet it didn't happen. It's all a case of if my aunt had bollocks
We are above Woolwich on GD. We could have been 2 points, but we ain't. Yet we could have conceded a penalty and lost 3-1 to City last game.
We didn't play as good as we can, Sunderland are fighting for their lives.
It's upsetting for us, but fucking hell the fickleness is amazing.
If anyone would have said we'd be 2nd in the PL start of Feb I would have laughed.
We don't need to act like entitled gooners. It's football.

It's very disappointing that we still don't seem to have a proper winning mentality that ensures we win games like this. It shouldn't even be a contest. It's no disrespect to Sunderland, but they're a very genuine pile of shite. They're practically dead as a team. Like Villa last season. Our players have real talent and, if we both believed it and worked for it, a genuine opportunity for a title... but results like this are just pissing away rare opportunities. I just don't think the mentality is quite where it needs to be.
Shit weather, shit pitch, 10 behind the ball. Shit happens.

You are a negative, sad dude =. going above Woolwich is positive, going 2nd in the PL positive. so far all the other results have gone for us- lets see what happens tomorrow.

I'm sorry I aspire for my team to win titles while the rest of you are content to finish 2nd. Remember the celebrations we had at the end of the season as we graciously finished 3rd? We all cheered and was really happy, right? It will be forever remembered.

No one gives a shit if we finish 2nd or third. The game is about glory, no?

Too many people content with second best. Sort of people who would lose in a cup final and be happy we at least made it that far.

It was a poor game and the death of our title hopes. You can punch on other Spurs fans all you like, but it won't change that, it's just a reflection of your frustration with the team lol.

When the penny drops in this thread

eb9ce9764bd1647852449e5b6faf67f8.gif

Our away form hasn't been stellar. A shame we didn't win today, but we didn't lose three points either, Sunderland defended like a team that still has hope. I just pray that Hull don't bogey us in the same way as Newcastle did for the last game of the season, because I've a feeling that's what it's going to go down to.

Whilst the away game at City was most definitely a point gained/mugged... we won't come up against many teams worse than Sunderland...
A defeat at City, and a win tonight not only wouldn't have surprised anyone, it would've actually given us one more point than we currently have! ...and they ALL count!

...the fact Soonerlund put 11 men + the ref behind the ball can't disguise the fact that our away form is starting to look a little ropey. ....and next up away is Liverpool!!

We wouldn't have been happy for a point pre-match tonight, so we can't pretend to be happy with one afterwards...
It was hardly 'hard fought and we'll earned!

(then again, who saw Watford winning tonight?)

Its only a point gained BECAUSE of the Arse result... and I certainly don't want to go down the route of having to rely on THEM for our success!!

Wow, some of you buggers have been spoiled over the last few seasons. We're 2nd in the table, in January, on a long unbeaten streak in the league.

20 years ago we were mid-table fodder. 10 years ago we were just about scraping into the top 6. The last 5 years we've been in contention for a CL spot EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Last year we were briefly in contention for the title, and this year we're only 2nd to a Chelsea team with no other distractions, a hugely expensive team and a one of the top managers in the world.

Cheer the fuck up.

We will beat Boro.
I think woolwich will beat the chavs.
Gap down to 6 points by next week.
I'm not giving up just yet.
Tonight wasn't at all good. But Sunderland were set up to not lose at all costs. A point to them is invaluable in their situation. Ref was a cunt throughout & we couldn't put them away.
No point dwelling on a poor showing. We've not lost any ground so it's "as you were"...except we've gone above the goons

Back
Top Bottom