Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CPWpVumWEAAZOC1.jpg:large

What a great result and performance.. I am so optimistic about this team.. There was a rumour going round today that this was the youngest starting 11 in prem history??
I just hope they all stick together and it will be one phenomenal side.
Eric Dier was superb today.. I'm still laughing at those who wet their knickers because Dier was going to be our DM instead of signing £25m Schneiderlin.. Hang your heads.. Dier is taking to that role like a duck to water.

The issues from last season was our defence and the amount we conceded. Poch targeted that issue and the early results are testament to him.. The defence is beginning to look very settled and very solid.
Son is going to be such a great player, his work rate is fantastic.. The more he plays the more confident he'll get.
Lamela put in a shift and the goal was down to his persistence.
The bloke sat behind me claims that goal was down to Eriksen?? he played a simple ball to Son but Lamela started it.
2-1 is so last year.. It's all about the 1-0 to the Tott-en-ham..

There was a Son looking lad with a Son shirt on who kept getting lifted into the air after the game.. He loved it.

Super Son-Day.. There's your headline..

Great day..

It'a pretty much an indication as to how far we've fallen that a home win against Palace is celebrated in such an ott fashion on this forum. Had they enjoyed a modicum of good fortune the two shots off the woodwork would have seen a very different mood on the page. Sign of the times I guess. Mid table obscurity here we come.

It's clear the whole league has changed... Palace are a good away side and can beat anyone on their day. They beat Chelsea last time ffs! We also could've had far more points on the board by now but have been punished for individual errors when the whole team was playing better and deserved more.

If you can't feel good when we finally catch a break then what is the point?

Much improved from Lamela today. Still dispossessed a bit too easily and often at times but in the whole he's had a really good afternoon. Hope he can build on that.

Get in!

Cleansheet for the third consecutive league game.
Dier and Alli bossing midfield.
Son scoring on his home league debut.
Win against the best away team in the league.
Eriksen is back from injury
Woolwich midweek!

We'll give you time to think of a few...

I have a few, and did throughout the game, but I can also give credit when and where its due, despite your obsession with perceived agendas and negativity.

Lamela had good energy, but was wasteful and weak in the first half. The second half he was superb. He played well in midweek, and despite being crap last week (like the entire team despite the win), he provide a 3pt pass.
So for me, he is making the spot his own, especially as he seems to play well with Son, who is a nailed on first choice.
He is proving me wrong that there is hope for him. Still not out of the woods by a fucking marathon though, and if he is still playing like this by Christmas, then fucking hats off to him. He is improving, which was an absolute must.

Chadli needs to do the same. He chokes our attacks, even if from time to time he pops up with a goal or puts a good cross in. He looks slow and laboured against the others and needs to be benched for Njie, who has has power, pace and a directness. Also a massive defensive drive and urge to track back, sometimes 80 yards.

Davies was ok, but is our second best LB, so no idea why Poch is sidelining Rose this season so often, injuries aside.

50/50 on the effectiveness of Pochs subs today. Eriksen for Chadli, doesnt even need comment, but Son was a massive outlet, and we ended up camped in when he went off.
Lamela, despite a good game, should have gone off at that stage IMO, as he invites pressure at the back through lack of composure.

When he went off for Carroll, it was worrying, and we never broke away. He is not good enough, and the window left us short there. Maybe you will jump on the bandwagen when it starts to bite us in the arse more often.
He is small and weak and has no apparent abiilty in keeping possession and running down the clock.

CBs were immense, Walker solid, Dier brilliant again, as was Hugo, and it was great to see Eriksen back.

Positives 10 to 1 in favour today.

You might think its uncouth to talk about flaws, and prefer to bury them away and pretend they only exist in the event of a loss. That really is your own little insecurity though, and something you need to happy clap your own way out of. I really dont care how you see things.

Time to move on Arty. Some on the forum, like you, had an opinion on my "behavior" (aka differing opinion).
Ive reined it in, and given more balance and perspective and made an effort.

Its a shame the so called better posters cant man up and do the same though. But then again, I always knew who the problems were.

It'a pretty much an indication as to how far we've fallen that a home win against Palace is celebrated in such an ott fashion on this forum. Had they enjoyed a modicum of good fortune the two shots off the woodwork would have seen a very different mood on the page. Sign of the times I guess. Mid table obscurity here we come.

Wow. We win, and some fat cunt think's that celebrating that win is wrong. Fuck off bloggy you miserable bitch.

Back
Top Bottom