Summer window reflection.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please mark the summer window after having time to reflect what benefit the signings have been to the first 11 and your reasons.
Out of ten.

You make this thread on the back of a bad run and ask people to rate it of course the feedback isn't going to be as good.

The players we signed all signed 5/6 year contracts not 4/5 month contracts so how can you rate the window when it's difficult to gauge any sort of impact they may have in the future.

If we win 10 in a row with heavy contributions from our Summer signings does that suddenly mean the window went from poor to very good?

5 out of 10.

Thought finishing 4th and getting into the CL with a world renowned manager, gave us a serious chance to put a quality gap between ourselves and Woolwich, man U.
Think the purchases apart from Bissouma were underwhelming

saying that i think we ere also hampered by not getting proper money for Ndombele, Lo celso, Winks, and nothing for sanchez, doherty, emerson or Lucas

Very fair point

All we can do is blame Mr Covid for the crap state of the finances of most european football clubs, none of who had any spare money to buy our discards at any price. Hopefully that changes next summer so we can offload permanently a few players rather than loaning them out again.

I think we need to continue the work that's for sure. There's still many weak, below average players in the squad that need to be pushed out. Dreading Winks coming back with a tan and a tummy after his holiday in Genoa (that's where Sampdoria are based before anyone corrects me)

Need to replace Dire, Davies, Moura, Royal, probably Sess tbh.
At least.
If Son doesn't chirp up after the WC and carries on dithering about and giving the ball away, he might have to go too.

Big clubs who want to win don't keep below average performers around as long as we do.

No change from me. Good window. We just needed a n other striking option which many of us said might come back to bite us. It has.

In saying that Gil has looked good enough to have outwardly looked like he deserves nore time and Spence is a weird one to date.

But Conte should have done more even if our points haul is probably 3 or 4 any of the higher expectation..

Back
Top Bottom