Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also we never add without subtracting. So many times we have been close to having really top quality combinations that would really work together but then someone gets sold.

Bring in Ginola and Ferdinand, sell Sheringham.
Bring in Lineker to play with Gazza, sell Waddle.
Bring in Modric, sell Berbatov and Keane.
Bring in Dembele, sell Modric and Van der Vaart.

It is the history of the Tottingham….

I was ambivalent about him, then I watched a couple of Toney’s games when he first came back from the ban and he seemed right at it (I think ManU was one of them) tearing about, working hard and being a right nuisance (and he's got some technical ability too) and thought hmmm maybe, but I watched the first half today and thought he was a bit meh. Looked more lethargic. Factor in his age, I’m not so keen.

I know it’s not happening but I’d love us to go after Isak.
We wont get isak. I see his name bandied about here a good bit but why would he at the moment

The Napoli winger should be targeted. Nico Williams is another. Dont mind the Gallagher links as I think he is suited to Ange style. We need a presence upfront. Son, Kulusevski, Werner, Johnson are all lightweight in the air. Only Richarlison offers a physical presence, and he should be assessed to begin with as to whether he is good enough and deserves another season. Ivan Toney fits.

But for sure, we do need a statement signing. We are owed an 80m+ signing.
Productive winger, strong mobile no. 6 and striker i think should be high on list

The Napoli winger should be targeted. Nico Williams is another. Dont mind the Gallagher links as I think he is suited to Ange style. We need a presence upfront. Son, Kulusevski, Werner, Johnson are all lightweight in the air. Only Richarlison offers a physical presence, and he should be assessed to begin with as to whether he is good enough and deserves another season. Ivan Toney fits.

But for sure, we do need a statement signing. We are owed an 80m+ signing.
Why do we need to assess Richarlison? He’s been here two years and he’s not good enough. For as much as we want him to be he’s just not.

I was ambivalent about him, then I watched a couple of Toney’s games when he first came back from the ban and he seemed right at it (I think ManU was one of them) tearing about, working hard and being a right nuisance (and he's got some technical ability too) and thought hmmm maybe, but I watched the first half today and thought he was a bit meh. Looked more lethargic. Factor in his age, I’m not so keen.

I know it’s not happening but I’d love us to go after Isak.

That’s what I’ve seen with Toney as well. I’m against him 100%.

Isak is the dream signing

Ange would love Fernandes. Works his ass off, constantly looks to pass forwards or try things which lead to chances, great on set pieces and has a bit of edge.

Yeah he’s a whiny prick. But he creates. He does so by being very frustrating lots of the time but he doesn’t stop or allow his shit games to make him pass backwards or keep it safe.
Forcing him into the man u team has been a large part of that midfield being all over the place. Not saying he couldn't have improved us but the team needs to be built around him. Even man u fans have mixed emotions on him and a fair few are desperate to get rid

Why do we need to assess Richarlison? He’s been here two years and he’s not good enough. For as much as we want him to be he’s just not.
The fact he cost 60m. And You just know Levy wont be up for selling for 50% of the fee paid.

This is why I hate our transfer policy. 110m on Richarlison and Johnson. I would rather go 80m-100m on one player, and take a punt on a second player at 10-30m. Stop dabbing and poking at these players who cost 50-60m who make you wince to begin with. You dont need hindsight to see 60m on Richarlison was a bit iffy. Same can be said for Johnson.

The fact he cost 60m. And You just know Levy wont be up for selling for 50% of the fee paid.

This is why I hate our transfer policy. 110m on Richarlison and Johnson. I would rather go 80m-100m on one player, and take a punt on a second player at 10-30m. Stop dabbing and poking at these players who cost 50-60m who make you wince to begin with. You dont need hindsight to see 60m on Richarlison was a bit iffy. Same can be said for Johnson.

Sound have bought Enzo or Caicedo 😍

£50m and £10m in performace based add-ons.

Back
Top Bottom