Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was ambivalent about him, then I watched a couple of Toney’s games when he first came back from the ban and he seemed right at it (I think ManU was one of them) tearing about, working hard and being a right nuisance (and he's got some technical ability too) and thought hmmm maybe, but I watched the first half today and thought he was a bit meh. Looked more lethargic. Factor in his age, I’m not so keen.

I know it’s not happening but I’d love us to go after Isak.

Last edited:
That's a pretty hollow article.

Keeping Sonny for another year or two won't stop the part timers moving on so things will be weighed up as I already described.

The theory that we'll keep Son for commercial reasons falls flat on it's arse unless one is claiming he's commercially worth more than a 20m (+ another 20m in wages).

Hollow statement as you and me know nothing of the finances

One of the most creative midfielders in the league (maybe only De Bruyne ahead of him) and the type of player we were crying out for before Madders.

15+ Goals and assists every league season in England, GLC hasn't even got into double figures in his entire time at Spurs.
See my post above and certainly not captain material.

"We prepared for his sale by putting a fair price on his worth, and we had bids, but only a Tottenham one that was €45million plus €20m in objectives - winning the English League and the Champions League.

"Finding these goals difficult, I understood not to accept."

Lol.

See my post above and certainly not captain material.

Ange would love Fernandes. Works his ass off, constantly looks to pass forwards or try things which lead to chances, great on set pieces and has a bit of edge.

Yeah he’s a whiny prick. But he creates. He does so by being very frustrating lots of the time but he doesn’t stop or allow his shit games to make him pass backwards or keep it safe.

Ange would love Fernandes. Works his ass off, constantly looks to pass forwards or try things which lead to chances, great on set pieces and has a bit of edge.

Yeah he’s a whiny prick. But he creates. He does so by being very frustrating lots of the time but he doesn’t stop or allow his shit games to make him pass backwards or keep it safe.
No doubt he’d like his ability, but would he have the right personality that Ange keeps beating on about?!

Listen to anything Roy Keane has said about his leadership skills on the pitch when things get tough! 😂

Hollow statement as you and me know nothing of the finances

No... Don't act butt-hurt....... You're not the writer of the article.

"Hollow" in as much as the article does not venture to use any numbers or seek to quantify anything. It's does nothing other than claim that SK = £££s from a 2 year old perspective.

What would be "hollow" is to make your original claim (which, if you're honest, was just a lazy Levy-meme anyway); only to then not be prepared to think about it more practically based on fair estimate/assumptions and just get snotty about it instead.

It's pretty obvious that Sonny's presence doesn't (commercially) earn us 20, 30, 40m quid a year.........

Furthermore; the fact is that proverbial cash cow is about to 'die' anyway..... You either cash in or face facts that the cow mill stop producing milk in a year or two anyway.

Last edited:
No... Don't act butt-hurt....... You're not the writer of the article.

"Hollow" in as much as the article does not venture to use any numbers or seek to quantify anything. It's does nothing other than claim that SK = £££s from a 2 year old perspective.

What would be "hollow" is to make your original claim (which, if you're honest, was just a lazy Levy-meme anyway); only to then not be prepared to think about it more practically based on fair estimate/assumptions and just get snotty about it instead.

It's pretty obvious that Sonny's presence doesn't (commercially) earn us 20, 30, 40 quid a year.........

Furthermore; the fact is that proverbial cash cow is about to 'die' anyway..... You either cash in or face facts that the cow mill stop producing milk in a year or two anyway.

Wow 😂
Selling son 15/20m no future Asian profit/ merchandising saving 10m wages
Buying replacement 50/60m + 10 m wages potentially losing sons fans/ merchandise

Last edited:
Wow 😂
Selling son 15/20m no future Asian profit/ merchandising saving 10m wages
Buying replacement 50/60m + 10 m wages potentially losing sons fans/ merchandise

There is virtually no additional "future" Asian market left to secure; just the present........ That's the point. At this late stage Son's SK followers have either already become Spurs fans that will stick with us or they'll just follow their next big star when Son moves on....... One of which is already coming up through the ranks at PSG(*).

(*Unfortunately, when it's time to renegotiate with Nike; they'll realise this too.)

Like I said in the very first post..... If Son is kept (which I suspect he will be) it's cos he's deemed he still have value on the pitch; not to preserve shirt sales (the bulk of which doesn't come our way anyway).

A replacement is needed sooner rather than later anyway so the 50/60m isn't some reality bomb; it's inevitable. So if not for on-pitch value the logic is that Levy would seek to cash his asset in to part fund that purchase before said asset (i.e. Son) zeros out.

Last edited:
The Napoli winger should be targeted. Nico Williams is another. Dont mind the Gallagher links as I think he is suited to Ange style. We need a presence upfront. Son, Kulusevski, Werner, Johnson are all lightweight in the air. Only Richarlison offers a physical presence, and he should be assessed to begin with as to whether he is good enough and deserves another season. Ivan Toney fits.

But for sure, we do need a statement signing. We are owed an 80m+ signing.

There is virtually no additional "future" Asian market left to secure; just the present........ That's the point. At this late stage Son's SK followers have either already become Spurs fans that will stick with us or they'll just follow their next big star when Son moves on....... One of which is already coming up through the ranks at PSG(*).

(*Unfortunately, when it's time to renegotiate with Nike; they'll realise this too.)

Like I said in the very first post..... If Son is kept (which I suspect he will be) it's cos he's deemed he still have value on the pitch; not to preserve shirt sales (the bulk of which doesn't come our way anyway).

A replacement is needed sooner rather than later anyway so the 50/60m isn't some reality bomb; it's inevitable. So if not for on-pitch value the logic is that Levy would seek to cash his asset in to part fund that purchase before said asset (i.e. Son) zeros out.

Purely your opinion zero facts there.

Back
Top Bottom