Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a centre forward is and will be our priority in the summer. Ange won’t be looking at it happy with how our general play from our front has been. He’s already came out and said that it’s the one area that’s not clicked yet and that’s why I think we’ll definitely get a striker and a left winger.

And they will be players in the £30/40 million band that Ange will get bought in the hope he can make them into that next level player. We won’t be buying the finished article, so it will be yet another season of the project. Whatever that is!

The only issue I have with Xavi Simons is his attitude/ego and how he'd cope with the mad London life & all its temptations...he struggled in Paris, though at Leipzig they've kept him focused and I definitely trust Ange to do likewise.

But man is he a talent. He could play LW or even at the 10 in place of Mads. You go for a 4-4-1-1 formation and he could also play that shadow striker role behind Richy/Sonny.

I honestly think PSG will put him on the market for 70 odd mil. We can afford that, same with his wages. The main issue is, he'll have bigger suitors. If Barca manage to get rid of Raphinha and the likes, I bet he goes back...though PSG and Barca hate each other so you never know. Wouldn't be surprised to see City make a bid too, if they cut Grealish, KDB or even Bernardo. Bayern always a possibility. Fucking United too.

Summerville is some player, been absolute class in the Champo and I'd be stunned if that kid doesn't make it big in the PL. If Leeds go up, he sure ain't moving...or they'll sell him but demands that he be loaned straight back. With the way the market has been for some time, they'll value him at 40-50 mil easy...and I wouldn't really want us to pay that for a kid who's still unproven in the big time (though he scored a few last season they were up). Perhaps we could lower the asking price via being sweet on Rodon and maybe they'd be keen on someone like Skippy? If they don’t go up, for sure he's PL bound but would still be mad pricey.

Long & short...one's already a superstar and would take us up levels, while the other is a project and we'd need to be patient/not expect top tier production from the off.
Simons plays left of a 4 man midfield with Leipzig a lot but plays more narrow. Olmo does the same on the other side and it’s the full backs that give them the width. He’d be more suited in our system to where madders or Sarr plays. Summerville is explosive and I really like him and on one v ones he’s a tricky customer but more of a winger.
Go get both🤣

Simons is the one player that’s really caught my attention every time I’ve seen him. He’s got that little burst that within a second he’s gone from his opponent. He likes to play riskier passes too and pops up with goals too. Don’t know his stats but I’d imagine he’ll be touching double figures.

So the vibes here are that we really should be having a go at a player like Simons but Summerville would be a great pick up too.

Summerville is more of the 1v1 wide forward we think we need. Simons is just whatever the fuck he wants to be because he’s that talented.

I guess Simons is a financial target outside the clubs comfort zone whereas Summerville is almost the classic profile of what we have usually targeted.

So the vibes here are that we really should be having a go at a player like Simons but Summerville would be a great pick up too.

Summerville is more of the 1v1 wide forward we think we need. Simons is just whatever the fuck he wants to be because he’s that talented.

I guess Simons is a financial target outside the clubs comfort zone whereas Summerville is almost the classic profile of what we have usually targeted.

I put Summerville in my fantasy team last season (which obviously ended up with him getting injured) and so kept a close eye on him. He looked electric on occasion when they played him. I’ve seen nothing of him this season but his stats say he must have become more consistent.

So I would say the question is still out on him until he has another season in the PL. I think waiting a year is worth the risk v price increase if you ask me.

I put Summerville in my fantasy team last season (which obviously ended up with him getting injured) and so kept a close eye on him. He looked electric on occasion when they played him. I’ve seen nothing of him this season but his stats say he must have become more consistent.

So I would say the question is still out on him until he has another season in the PL. I think waiting a year is worth the risk v price increase if you ask me.

Watched him in the prem and thought WAO what a talent.

See him last night and thought WAO what a talent.

Looked at his stats and I think it’s this summer or never. He does this in the prem, which I see no reason he won’t, he’s way outside our price range.

You know what else? He tracks back and works his bollox off without the ball.

I think there is not a hope in hell we land a player like Simons but Summerville is one that fits what we need wide. Gnonto is another who would be a decent signing. Pace and strength and can score goals.

Looked at his stats and I think it’s this summer or never. He does this in the prem, which I see no reason he won’t, he’s way outside our price range.

I don’t think so. I doubt one season of PL football will suddenly make him a £50/60m player. Not sure he’s even on the radar.

I think there is not a hope in hell we land a player like Simons but Summerville is one that fits what we need wide. Gnonto is another who would be a decent signing. Pace and strength and can score goals.

I think deep down every Spurs fan knows we could go after players like Simons but we won’t.

Summerville is the first one I’ve watched other than the likes of Kvaratshkelia and Williams where I’ve felt sure that’s a player that will do really well here. Kvaratshkelia is also in the Simons bracket. Williams is a fools hope but a hope nonetheless

That’s what I like about him apart from the obvious things in his game. His work rate is incredible. Looks hungry and if we are to go for him now would be the time because if he fires next season then we miss out when the price hikes. He’s better than any of our wide players at this moment.

That’s what I like about him apart from the obvious things in his game. His work rate is incredible. Looks hungry and if we are to go for him now would be the time because if he fires next season then we miss out when the price hikes. He’s better than any of our wide players at this moment.

You have no concerns that he’d “fail the phone call” with Ange either. Just has the body language and vibes of a good humble kid. If anything he might not realise how good he is yet.

Thomas Waddingham is the new CF then :cool:
Thomas Glover, Spase Dilevski and Massimo Luongo are the only Spurs players so far from Down under... so, should Waddingam sign, the expectations may not be sky high...
Having a "ham" in his name is an added bonus though.
For a small fee I may do some youtube scouting for you guys :D

Last edited:
Thomas Waddingam is the new CF then :cool:
Thomas Glover, Spase Dilevski and Massimo Luongo are the only Spurs players so far from Down under... so, should Waddingam sign, the expectations may not be sky high...
For a small fee I may do some youtube scouting for you guys :D

:roseunsure:

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1782756442086191242

Good we have interest but fuck them, hope we start talking about wanting their players in public

Te Kloese has now confirmed as much publically, insisting that their interest in the Tottenham man is a ‘fact’ at this point and they’ve actually been chasing his signature for a while. Whether they can get him this time, though, is another matter entirely.

“The fact that we are in the race for Gil has been the case for several transfer windows,” he said.

“We are looking again at what is possible. We offer a fantastic platform to give boys a good continuation of their career. Or to show themselves again. Gil is a good player, but there are many more clubs that are looking at that boy.”

Thing is, you sign Summerville, he'll cost you no less than 50 incl bonuses. That's a lot for an unproven kid for a start. But if you wanna make money on him, you'd need to sell him for 70-90 mil in the future. That's a bigger gamble than Simons, who's already shown he's elite or very close.

For once this club needs to go for top tier guys, especially when it comes to a forward (or two) and DM.

Back
Top Bottom