Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would suggest that one of Sonny or Richy are goners then. Probably Richy seeing as Son is the captain.

Tbh I still think we need quality out wide much more than a #9. This sounds like a change in direction.
Who would we even get thats in our price range, attainable and not a massive risk? Especially when we need a wide player more.

We aren't getting the top established strikers like Osimhen and Isak and the young ones aren't guaranteed to get you as many goals as Son or Richarlison. We should be sticking with them for at least one more season.

Gallagher can play deeper but is better at bringing the ball out than Bissouma imho.
Gallagher can be sloppy on the ball from everything I’ve seen. He’s not a dribbler or someone who gets out of pressure particularly well. He’s kind of an A to B passer even when he has time on the ball. I don’t mind him because of the enthusiasm he brings and his work rate but if he’s in deeper midfield areas you’ll see a lot of passes going back to the centre backs. I wouldn’t mind him as someone to up the intensity further up the pitch but quality wise he’s not going to improve us. He’s a more Mobile Hojbjerg

Gallagher can be sloppy on the ball from everything I’ve seen. He’s not a dribbler or someone who gets out of pressure particularly well. He’s kind of an A to B passer even when he has time on the ball. I don’t mind him because of the enthusiasm he brings and his work rate but if he’s in deeper midfield areas you’ll see a lot of passes going back to the centre backs. I wouldn’t mind him as someone to up the intensity further up the pitch but quality wise he’s not going to improve us. He’s a more Mobile Hojbjerg
This - do think he has more goal threat but the mobility wil drop off in his late 20’s

Go Away Garbage GIF by ZDF heute-show

Levy worried that someone is stealing his transfer target

In today's game between Bilbao vs Villareal , well, Nico Williams had a rather quiet day, not creating much and his final ball lacking and at times hanging on to the ball for too long.
Just saying because some may think he's "superman" :cool:

Who would we even get thats in our price range, attainable and not a massive risk? Especially when we need a wide player more.

We aren't getting the top established strikers like Osimhen and Isak and the young ones aren't guaranteed to get you as many goals as Son or Richarlison. We should be sticking with them for at least one more season.

It’s an interesting summer for Strikers because there is a lot on the market:

Osimhen
Gyokeres
Sesko
Toney
Gimenez

Probably others too…

Thing is, I wouldn’t break my back for any of them. Sesko is interesting I have to admit but we aren’t a club that competes for Leipzig type talents. He likely gets hovered by a more ambitious chairman.

Toney is probably cheap and cheerful. Maybe that’s the idea?

In today's game between Bilbao vs Villareal , well, Nico Williams had a rather quiet day, not creating much and his final ball lacking and at times hanging on to the ball for too long.
Just saying because some may think he's "superman" :cool:

I’ve seen him a lot and he does have those games. If he didn’t then he’d be completely out of the question for us.

But right now he’s still a kid who is on the verge of exploding up a level.

How much would Watkins cost?

80m+ and if they're the ones who get CL, no chance.

Watkins is really good, a level above a Richarlison. 19 goals 10 assists in the league is incredible, he's headed towards a season Kane would be proud of. The fact he has those numbers without taking a single penalty is even more impressive.

But he is 28. So I think we should look elsewhere, this is almost certainly the best season he will have in his career. But he's a fucking good footballer and would waltz his way in to our starting eleven with no issue whatsoever.

17 goals, 4 penalties scored, 1 assist vs 19 goals, 10 assists, 0 penalties scored.

Watkins is objectively better currently. Isak has a lot more space for growth and is more exciting stylistically.

Isak is MUCH better without the ball and gives you MUCH more outside his scoring.

Can't play Watkins out wide if needed and we are probably seeing Watkins career season. My concern with Isak is they have found the next great #9 in the prem after Kane. I think he has a higher ceiling than Haaland tbh.

And I have come around on him.Used to not rate him.

Back
Top Bottom