Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FBs to rotate
DM
AM
LW
CF

Thats what we need and not too much to ask for really
Agree totally with those positions and another left centre back. If we can offload
Sess
Spence
Rodon
Ndombele
Gil
Reguilon

We get rid of them and replace them with 2 full backs that can challenge to take Porro and Udogie’s places. That would take us up a level.

Another left centre back for balance of the team when Micky is out is needed

If we get another attacking midfielder in then Lo Celso goes and another sitting midfielder then Hojbjerg goes.

Left winger,right winger and a centre forward is a must for me. Sonny’s numbers will come down(hopefully not dramatically)and I don’t trust Richy to be consistent or fit enough to be our main goal threat if anything happened to Sonny. To improve and challenge the top 3 we need those front positions improved no matter how they are doing just now.

Big summer ahead.

Agree totally with those positions and another left centre back. If we can offload
Sess
Spence
Rodon
Ndombele
Gil
Reguilon

We get rid of them and replace them with 2 full backs that can challenge to take Porro and Udogie’s places. That would take us up a level.

Another left centre back for balance of the team when Micky is out is needed

If we get another attacking midfielder in then Lo Celso goes and another sitting midfielder then Hojbjerg goes.

Left winger,right winger and a centre forward is a must for me. Sonny’s numbers will come down(hopefully not dramatically)and I don’t trust Richy to be consistent or fit enough to be our main goal threat if anything happened to Sonny. To improve and challenge the top 3 we need those front positions improved no matter how they are doing just now.

Big summer ahead.
surely you'd need to offload royal and davies too, otherwise you'll have 6 full backs with 2 new ones

Only Olmo is 10x better than Eze.

English players are overrated.

Olmo + Nico Williams would help us massively. Still think we need a RW and a DM of quality also.

I'm not sure he's 10x better or even better than Eze at all. At least not in a physically dominated league like the prem.

English players are overrated but in the prem you need pace and power as well as the technique.

Nico Williams I agree with you on 100%

Olmo + Nico Williams would help us massively. Still think we need a RW and a DM of quality also.

Fuuuuucking hate this cliche bullshit. SOME English players are overrated. Mostly not even overrated, just overpriced because HG rules mean that they are valued more. Now I'm not particularly on the Eze train but Olmo's numbers in the BL are hilariously underwhelming.

10x better would, you'd think, mean he would be at least twice as productive.

We have so much talent right now, and other excellent talents inbound. If Levy can push on and buy us the best possible winger that’d be the number one thing to make everything look and work better for us.

We should have bought Olmo when we had the chance, when he left Croatia. Incredibly versatile player. At the time I was seeing a lot of Spain's U21 games and he was the real stand out.

Fuuuuucking hate this cliche bullshit. SOME English players are overrated. Mostly not even overrated, just overpriced because HG rules mean that they are valued more. Now I'm not particularly on the Eze train but Olmo's numbers in the BL are hilariously underwhelming.

10x better would, you'd think, mean he would be at least twice as productive.
Its also the same every window with people compiling their lists of 10 or so names from the continent and forgetting about the home grown ruling. With the likes of Sess leaving, Austin out of contract, maybe Skipp and Davies then a couple of players we buy this summer (at least) will have to be home grown. We'll also have a potential issue with club trained players.

Back
Top Bottom