Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chances are he wil never be ready. Not saying he’s a bad signing at all but we should be realistic

There's a reason he's one of the most highly rated young players on the planet.

Of course there's a chance he doesn't continue to develop, but why do you constantly put such a negative spin on things.

You're not being realistic, you're being pessimistic, and twisting things to suit your own agenda.

Just stop and try and fucking enjoy yourself for once, for the love of fuckeroo.

I like Olmo.

But as people have mentioned, the guy is never fit. Now, nothing to say that a change if surroundings, different methods and things can't change that (it happens).

But I'm also not really sure where his profile fits in here... He predominantly plays on the wing, but hes not what we need.

It's a lot of money when someone like Eze, who's just as creative, but also HG, will cost the same amount but is much more suited as a profile to this team as both an 8 or a wide player.

Last edited:
Wing-forwards have got to be the priority for the summer, imo. Competition for Johnson (whose getting better and better and will no doubt be a mainstay in our squad for a good few years, but competition never hurt anyone), and a replacement for Kulu (I just don't think he works in our system tbh).

Someone mentioned him the other day, but with the Serie A connections, I'd be quite surprised if we aren't serious about Lauriente for the left wing role.

Does anyone really care?

It's just annoying that it's such a big story. We watch football for what happens on the pitch, not this crap.

Do whatever you like with it, punish them, don't punish them, just do the same for all teams.
The luxury tax doesn't work. If you are the LA Clippers and your owner is Steve Ballmer, he just pays the tax and you are not really restricted. The same would happen with the very rich owners in football, they will just pay the tax.

Wing-forwards have got to be the priority for the summer, imo. Competition for Johnson (whose getting better and better and will no doubt be a mainstay in our squad for a good few years, but competition never hurt anyone), and a replacement for Kulu (I just don't think he works in our system tbh).
*cough* defensive midfield *cough*

There's a reason he's one of the most highly rated young players on the planet.

Of course there's a chance he doesn't continue to develop, but why do you constantly put such a negative spin on things.

You're not being realistic, you're being pessimistic, and twisting things to suit your own agenda.

Just stop and try and fucking enjoy yourself for once, for the love of fuckeroo.
I don’t have an agenda. Chances are, some 16 year old will not move the dial and become a first choice CM’er for one of the richest clubs in the world. Hopefully he will - realistic not negative

I like Olmo.

But as people have mentioned, the guy is never fit. Now, nothing to say that a change if surroundings, different methods and things can't change that (it happens).

But I'm also not really sure where his profile fits in here... He predominantly plays on the wing, but hes not what we need.

It's a lot of money when someone like Eze, who's just as creative, but also HG, will cost the same amount but is much more suited as a profile to this team as both an 8 or a wide player.
Only Olmo is 10x better than Eze.

English players are overrated.

Olmo + Nico Williams would help us massively. Still think we need a RW and a DM of quality also.

Pessimistic not realistic.

But meh.
It’s a good signing - hopefully hard positive enough for you. I have no idea whether he will be any good but im pleased we are back to buying young, talented players again - if 2 out of 3 are shit, and the other is a first teamer then happy days

Seeing as this is the transfer thread, I’d go for:

Nico Gonzalez (Fiorentina) - RW
Nico Williams (Bilbao) - LW
João Gomes (Wolves) - DM
Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig) - CM/CAM/LW/RW
Werner (just sign him for depth)

If Forest get relegated, I’d go for Murillo and Danilo too. Both look like good young players imo.

I think we are able to sign the aforementioned players, especially if we secure CL.

Get rid of Lo Celso, Kulu, Gil, Højbjerg, Davies, Sessegnon, Tanganga, Spence, Reguilon, Ndombele, Rodon, if we can

Someone mentioned him the other day, but with the Serie A connections, I'd be quite surprised if we aren't serious about Lauriente for the left wing role.
I posted about him a few days back. Good player, defo won't be at Sassuolo next year, even if they miraculously stay in Serie A.

We sure could do worse for a backup winger. He's still only 25, so young enough to develop into a very good contributor.

I'd rather a kid like him than Werner on our bench. Would cost a fraction of the wages and likely put up the same stats.

good 1v1 but he doesn’t use his teammates very well.
He's got 10 assists in 57 starts for Sassuolo, knowing they're not blessed with top quality strikers and have been very meh the past couple seasons. Had he played with Scamacca, Raspadori & Berardi, and under De Zerbi, he'd have a few more.

Back
Top Bottom