Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair.

You ain't one of those. But don't tell me we can't compete for a player with woolwich because it's waffle mate.
Fair.
I was going to post City but, given their ability to pay higher fees and wages, all things are not equal.

I do think that Liverpool have been a far more attractive proposition than Spurs for the last five years. Perhaps that will change with Klippy taking off.

Reasonable performance I thought.
They’re a horrible negative side and always will be under that fossil Moyes.
It’s not a season defining game. That was set when we had that abomination against the chavs. Injuries, suspensions, cunts everywhere that night.
That fat Judas cunt Poch ruined our momentum.
The wheel fell off that evening IMO and as hard as we tried against all the odds, we haven’t looked ruthless too often since.

Last edited:
A frustrating result tonight.

But nothing really changes our plans for the summer - we have probably 14/15/16 players who are good enough to be at Spurs including the likes of Vicario, Porro, Romero, Van de Ven, Udogie as well as a few who are decent players but not ideal for Ange (eg Royal and Davies) plus a few players who want out of Spurs (eg Lo Celso and Hojbjerg) a few players just not good enough plus 'squad' level players.

We need to increase the number of players good enough to be at Spurs to get from 14/15/16 towards 18/19/20 to ensure we do not get caught out by injuries or suspensions as we did after Chelsea in the autumn, including add one or more quality HG players.

I'd add :

Striker (if we can sell Richarlison for a decent amount to saudis) with a technically better striker
Left winger (upgrade on Gil to be sold. , Solomon and on loan Werner) to add goals/assists from the left - majority currently come from Johnson/Kulusevski on the right.
Creative CM - (upgrade and replacement of 'want away' Lo Celso). Ideally Eze who also meets the HG requirement.
Defensive CM - Bissouma seemed a bit better tonight, but otherwise other than first 7 games of season, he's been well below par. So needs to be upgraded and sold.
LCB - Squadwise he's an upgrade on the injury prone Sessegnon. Ideally he can play LB as well

Five players in is realistic/possible. And would make a huge difference

Sure if we can do more with decent players being available (they want to come, financials work for us) and ability to sell on players being replaced, I'm happy. But its tricky to bring in too many without upsetting the squad dynamics.

So lets focus on the first 5 players in ....... and the need to offload players on loan such as Ndombele, Reguilon, et al who still need paying.

I’d guess 70m or so. Probably 150k a week or so but then these figures are all plucked from my ass, so…

But he’s really good. If we could get him then go for it. For me he’s that notch below a Wirtz who is insanely good and probably City bound.
They are the same level IMO.

So nearly at the end of the season at this is my opinion of the team:

GK Potentially world class. Needs to focus on improving his set piece defence over the summer. That alone will dramatically improve this team IMO. No need for replacement.

DEFENCE I think our starting defence is very good. Romero is looking more calmer recently. VDV was an inspired signing and Porro/Udogie have adjusted really well to their roles. I think Porros got more goals in him and I think Udogie has drifted off a bit in terms of attacking ability recently. Having Romero and VDV for the full season next season could play wonders. It’s probably in the bench we need some improvement but no replacements needed for the starting 11.

MIDFIELD Bit of a weird area as I think our starting 3 are very good and have lots of potential. The issue this season is that all our midfielders have been out for significant periods and some are getting over injuries and illnesses so I don’t think any of them are performing to their best ability. I also think there needs to be tweaks to the system as they tend to leave our defence wide open when we lose possession. Maddison, Biss Bentacu/Sarr are all starters but we need some better replacements. Lo Celso has done well when he’s come in as well as Hoijburg but I don’t think either of them will be here after the summer.

Attack This is the area where is see needing lots of improvement. I think players are underperforming, the system isn’t getting the most out of them, multiple issues. Johnson has shown recent improvement and could be a long term starter, Son will eventually start to fade and Richy/Werner are not the long term solutions. If I’m being really critical, could probably replace all 3.

Back
Top Bottom