Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"I lacked humility, seriousness and professionalism," Todibo has told L'Equipe.
"I don't know who I thought I was.
"I'm now doing the best that I can, not so people can say that I've changed but because it makes me feel good.
"I can't pay attention to other people's opinions in football, otherwise you quickly end up in a bad place.
"The only person whose opinion matters is me."

Valverde is more of an 8, sometimes InvRF, definitely not a DM

Gibbs-White doesn't play as a RW
Valverde has played the DM role in the past. And he's that clever, he can play anywhere...ask the great Carlo what he thinks of the lad.

Have a look at Gibbs-White season heatmap...spends a fair bit of his time on the right. Not a typical RW per se, but like Valverde, he's versatile. Got the pace, vision and technique to play anywhere across that front line.

Only suggestions anyway my man. And I'd be stunned if any of the 8 or 9 players I listed were signed 😅😂

"I lacked humility, seriousness and professionalism," Todibo has told L'Equipe.
"I don't know who I thought I was.
"I'm now doing the best that I can, not so people can say that I've changed but because it makes me feel good.
"I can't pay attention to other people's opinions in football, otherwise you quickly end up in a bad place.
"The only person whose opinion matters is me."

He's right-footed. This ship has probably sailed. But he does have the pace to play the VDV role so maaaaaaybe.

Got a horrible feeling we might spread ourselves too thin with a load of £20m to £30m players. Much rather concentrate on going all out to improve the first team with 2 or 3 real top class players and make up the difference elsewhere, even if that means a bit of squad padding with cheap or free deals like Walker-Peters and Lloyd Kelly.

Maybe those you listed are the cheap squad players but the names flying around at the moment are very underwhelming. Not really seeing anyone mentioned that would improve our 11.
Walker P, yes
Kelly a firm no...he offers nothing that we need...mid table player at best

Back
Top Bottom