Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will probably end up at City knowing them.

This time maybe not. They just got Doku and brought Savinho over from Girona.

The threat will be woolwich or liverpool but the dippers have a bunch of forwards they would need to shift. Unless they take the Salah money from Saudi and go all in on Williams.

In theory, it could be us vs woolwich and they have FFP issues of their own. If we went early and really hard, we might have a chance.

He is right footed, where we have Dragusin to cover Romero. A left footed player makes more sense, but a better option than Tosin would be to just let Ben Davies run out his contract and make a move next summer when we know better what we have with Phillips and Dorrington.
I would do this regardless.
Will have enough more critical signings - backup keeper, Fullbacks, potentially a 6, Winger/Forward(s) - that we don’t need to focus on CB.
Moreover between Phillips, Dorrington and the incoming Vusckovic we will need to have some pathway to the first team for at least 1 of the 3. Otherwise what’s the point.

Went to Bologna a few weeks ago to watch them play inter.He looked good on the ball,linked up play quite well,but doesn’t seem very strong,he was knocked off the ball numerous times and struggled to hold the ball up.
Yeah he was poor in that game, missed a glorious chance to equalise. But to be honest, Bologna as a whole were useless that day. Never even tried to lay a glove on Inter. The lad had no service and on the occasions he won the ball back, his mates offered no support.

It's more his lack of pace that worries me. Some on here are calling him very fast...guess they've never seen him play.

I’m pretty sure that is not true. Pep has not given Grealish the “mandate of being a safe player” any more than any of his attacking players”. Evidenced by his comments when asked earlier in the season when asked why he preferred Doku, Saying something about Grealish needing to produce more.

Everyone knocks Doku, and he is young and fucking raw, but he absolutely pisses the PL for carries and passes into the box, no-one is even close.

Pretty sure it is true. Doku isn’t the same as Grealish, and I guarantee you right now if Grealish is fit for their bigger games later in the season, he plays. City fans have been screaming for it because of how lax Doku is at ball retention and defensively.

This season Grealish hasn’t played well. He’s had injuries and he came back not fit. Pep understandably not happy with him but if he was playing to last seasons level he’d be in that lineup ahead of the blind alleys merchant every week.

“Football is more than stats, it’s many things. The way he gives us the tempo to play and to make extra passes.

“I could not imagine with the big name he is and the price the club paid to have this humility to run like a teenager.

- Pep on Grealish.

Pretty sure it is true. Doku isn’t the same as Grealish, and I guarantee you right now if Grealish is fit for their bigger games later in the season, he plays. City fans have been screaming for it because of how lax Doku is at ball retention and defensively.

This season Grealish hasn’t played well. He’s had injuries and he came back not fit. Pep understandably not happy with him but if he was playing to last seasons level he’d be in that lineup ahead of the blind alleys merchant every week.

“Football is more than stats, it’s many things. The way he gives us the tempo to play and to make extra passes.

“I could not imagine with the big name he is and the price the club paid to have this humility to run like a teenager.

- Pep on Grealish.

That was over a year ago. I agree he won’t trust Doku but not sure Grealish will be the one he picks either

That was over a year ago. I agree he won’t trust Doku but not sure Grealish will be the one he picks either

Right now? Probably not. Grealish is injured and has been for months..

If he can get back to where he was last season it wouldn’t even be a debate. He’s been all over the place since over-celebrating the treble win.

Right now? Probably not. Grealish is injured and has been for months..

If he can get back to where he was last season it wouldn’t even be a debate. He’s been all over the place since over-celebrating the treble win.
Yeah fair. Big if, my bet is he doesn’t play much of a part and his career drifts

Yeah he was poor in that game, missed a glorious chance to equalise. But to be honest, Bologna as a whole were useless that day. Never even tried to lay a glove on Inter. The lad had no service and on the occasions he won the ball back, his mates offered no support.

It's more his lack of pace that worries me. Some on here are calling him very fast...guess they've never seen him play
I agree.Considering how well Bologna are doing this season,I thought they were piss poor.
He definitely did not look quick.

He’s obviously had a very good season in Italy.
But a bit sceptical as to whether he could cut it in the prem.

I agree.Considering how well Bologna are doing this season,I thought they were piss poor.
He definitely did not look quick.

He’s obviously had a very good season in Italy.
But a bit sceptical as to whether he could cut it in the prem.
Good player already, plenty potential and think he'll defo make it in the PL someday. But is he ready to start for a top 4 contender next season? I don't see it.

And that lack of pace, I just don't see him at Spurs under Ange. That said, put two proper quality wingers either side of him and a top notch CM trident behind him...that's another story. But then again we're a few of those short to begin with.

Good player already, plenty potential and think he'll defo make it in the PL someday. But is he ready to start for a top 4 contender next season? I don't see it.

And that lack of pace, I just don't see him at Spurs under Ange. That said, put two proper quality wingers either side of him and a top notch CM trident behind him...that's another story. But then again we're a few of those short to begin with.
Plus we already have richarlison who isn’t blessed with pace either.

Any expert insight into Soule?
I've watched him a few times. Defo an interesting player and I don't think many expected him to be at this level, especially playing for a small side like Frosinone.

Though he plays on the right wing, he's left-footed and, very much like Kulusevski, 9 times out of 10 you'll see him cut inside. He also often drops deep to come get the ball or drifts centrally to play as a 10.

He's a pretty good dribbler, but that said he ain't lightning fast, he mainly goes past defenders through feints and using his body well.

Good passer too, but still plenty room for improvement. He tries too hard sometimes, doesn't keep it simple. His first touch can be a bit Sonny-like too.

So yeah overall, defo a kid worth keeping an eye on, but not somebody I'd spend a fortune on after one good season on loan in Serie A and expect him to be a starter at Spurs. No way.

Back
Top Bottom