Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No doubting Neto is a quality player but why would we want to take the risk on a player with his injury record. Hopefully, we’ve learn’t something from Sess & Lo Celso

Ditto Olise (and probably Eze too).... Shame; as they're good players, but we can't afford to ignore blatant red flags. There's a big ol' trf market out there and a tonne of data for Lange's boffins to crunch.... Use it.

Neto is going to be very expensive, has a poor injury record and seems to thrive in a counter attacking side. Would he have the space to operate in he presently enjoys if he were playing for us?

Neto is going to be very expensive, has a poor injury record and seems to thrive in a counter attacking side. Would he have the space to operate in he presently enjoys if he were playing for us?

He's a very very good 1 v 1 winger.

The exact profile we need on both sides. He'd be ridiculously good in this set up.

The only question mark is that injury record.

We need proper wingers, direct dudes who can beat their man (or five) more often than not through a combo of speed, tekkers, power...and put a friggin cross in.

Enough of them snail-paced, one-trick poneys who are always cutting back inside, slowing down the tempo, killing momentum...and producing squat.

Gimme some Ginolas, Lennons, that Welsh lad who wasn't half bad...
You mean Brennan Johnson? Or Cliff Jones?

Kulusevski is a very good player and can play multiple positions. There's a drop off when he isn't in the team.

Johnson we've spent a lot of money on, he has had a decent start and they will expect him to develop.

The time to buy Neto was last August. He started the season very well and we probably could have got him for half of what he's valued at now. Palmer was also right there. So I'm less convinced by Johnson, but I feel we have to back our investment as there are bigger priorities elsewhere.

The left side we have Son and Solomon. And personally I think Son should be our number 9 in most games under Ange, so left side should be the priority position.
Neto probably too expensive now but I think I he can play left side as well. Just saying.

would be 100m or more

dont disagree though immense talent
No one is paying 100m for a player this summer. New UEFA FFP rules are coming in and I cannot see the current high transfer fees remaining. Prices are going to have to drop and in the long run I will think the market will have a reset if the £200M Neymar transfer ever happend. The only big transfer will be the Mbappe one to real.

No one is paying 100m for a player this summer. New UEFA FFP rules are coming in and I cannot see the current high transfer fees remaining. Prices are going to have to drop and in the long run I will think the market will have a reset if the £200M Neymar transfer ever happend. The only big transfer will be the Mbappe one to real.

I bet we still see the likes of PSG (in particular*) pull a few moves which will leave us scratching our heads thinking "how!?!?!".....

Man U
Man C
PSG
Chavs too probably.

(*Osimhen & Leao if the media slags are to be believed.)

Last edited:

90 Day Fiance Ew GIF by TLC Europe

Recent changes in the Championship table may be helpful to Spurs :

- Leeds are now in the 2nd automatic promotion spot, and Joe Rodon has played a big part in this. So surely Leeds would be happy to bid 15m maybe even £20m to buy the CB from us (I'm still mystified why Mourhino wanted him but rarely played him)

- Southampton being out of the automatic promotion places may mean they will want to cash in on 26 year old Kyle Walker-Peters who can play both RB and LB plus would take up a currently unused Club Trained player place - he's now played about 140 games in his 4 years at Southampton, half in PL and half in Championship so now has experience. Might even be the opportunity to move on Djed Spence as part of the deal if Ange doesn't want him.

I don't think we have for a few years now, back when he first broke into their side our name was mentioned definitely.

Surprising he hasn't been picked up by anyone yet, but I agree with your suggestion that there probably isn't room for him here, we seem pretty well stocked and signing someone like him seems pointless with high hopes for Dorrington/Phillips, and Vuskovic yet to come...

Back
Top Bottom