Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn't?

[Edit] Oops, that was the old one.

New one is likely astronomical.

Balls.

View: https://x.com/ptolemite/status/1753795899073917008?s=46&t=6hp9556H_GJ_LQNWePnt-g

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Luckily, we should have Bergvall and Devine coming in next season to help with this. Will they be ready though?

The premise isn't wrong, but they then just pick the low hanging fruit.

Being ruthless, it's across the team the technical standards and ability to control possession needs to rise.

Son/Richy aren't reliable with their touch and back to goal and linking play.

The wingers are just primarily runners, bar Kulu who can retain and move the ball about the park but is a bit of a ponce at the best of times and way off form.

Sarr brings a lot, but could up his pass involvements at times.

The fullbacks, Udogie is young and will be awesome but his dribbling/touch is often a bit shaky and he currently writes cheques his ability as yet can't quite cash. Porro is more hollywood pass spammer than composed pass and mover and possession rotator.

Even at the back, the worst thing that can often happen is Romero having far too much time on the ball and having it literally stationary at his feet. He then often will be dozy and play a lazy/slack/one of those daft slow chipped passes to a team mate.

And even the GK, Vicario has the temperament to play it out, but his technique is fairly limited and he struggles to ping the between the lines of the press passes that other keepers in the league can.

That's not saying they all or many need replacing, but across the park we need to keep raising the quality of the play. That might be (young) players further improving, the tactics bedding in over time, or coaching to improve certain small things like body shapes, spacing/shape/structure in possession or whatever, or maybe new players to compete or even usurp. We're at the start of building the team, that should and if we're ruthless will mean further changes (and not just amongst the obvious or whipping boys) to help the team grow.

There is also the fitness/availability at the moment we should point out. I don't care what other fans say, Bentancur is way off it currently and doesn't look fit yet, Maddison looks rusty as hell, and Bissouma's ball security and dribbly stuff is missing also. Get them firing it looks much better.

If you told me now that in the summer we are only going to make 2 signings and it would be a good back up LB and a truly game changing wide forward type player I'd take it 100%.

If there is one thing I truly want in the summer window, it's an end to people insisting that we need to buy Gallagher.

We don’t need to buy only Gallagher but he was a player apparently our scouts and Ange really wanted. We could end up with Ederson instead but ideally I want our club to buy their main targets as they are main targets for a reason, to improve the team. Gallagher is a high energy high press midfielder and without a fully fit Sarr we lack that. If it ends up with Ederson in the summer fine, long as we improve the squad.

When they get relegated they can have £5 million plus sess and be happy! :levylol:
We know Olise allegedly has a Release Clause at a specific price, but I wouldnt' be surprised to learn he has a Relegation Release Clause at a lower price.

Same with Eze. If Eze was available, I think he's a near perfect fit for the 8 or 10 position in AngeBall. He's much better technically than Gallagher.

We know Olise allegedly has a Release Clause at a specific price, but I wouldnt' be surprised to learn he has a Relegation Release Clause at a lower price.

Same with Eze. If Eze was available, I think he's a near perfect fit for the 8 or 10 position in AngeBall. He's much better technically than Gallagher.
eze signed a new deal whatever happens its at least 60 mill for him

olise is an interesting one but he will have loads of suitors

Not if Palace get relegated.

I think its unlikely Palace will be relegated this season - currently 14th on 24 points after 23 games and 5 points above the drop.

And 6 teams below them, of which Burnley and Sheffield U look certain to go

14Palace2366112640-1424
15Brentford2164113136-522
16Luton2255123242-1020
17Notts Forest2355132741-1420
18Everton2385102630-419
19Burnley2334162447-2313
20Sheff U2324171959-4010

Back
Top Bottom