Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you watched Onana enough to be sure he hasn't been jogged past a couple of times?

Nobody scrutinizes a player as much as their own fans.

Those stats are a full season. And a season where Bissouma caught Malaria and had a crisis of confidence after allowing yellow and red cards to sabotage him. The 2 red cards were totally bogus if you look at what the officials had called since.

Bissouma needs to up his levels of discipline and get some more fuckoffness in his attitude to being sabotaged by stupid officials. We need to push him with a young ambitious kid like Gray, not spend 50m replacing him with a possibly (most likely) inferior player.

If we were talking Ugarte I could see it differently but he's not coming here for the wages we offer.
And centre midfielders get more grief, bordering on naked hatred at times, than players in any other position.

You know damn well that after Ugarte's second 6.5/10 game (inevitably described as "beyond woeful", "worst I've ever seen" and so on) that the usual suspects will be screaming to get rid, howling with rage at Ange, Paratici, our scouts, Levy and the rest and demanding that we sign the latest centre midfielder who has just had a 7/10 game.

You might have missed this but Bentancur had a career altering injury and then another bad one straight after. His recovery has been no slower than Maddison's who only did his ankle.
Well if Bentancur's injury has altered his career maybe we need to get rid of him. I reckon Kulusevski will be out the door this summer anyway.

You said you'd seen enough to say that he's never been jogged past, right?

I took that to mean you'd seen every game. Did you watch the game they lost 5-0 to Woolwich and Dyche yanked him at HT?

I think Bissouma was incredible the first 10 games and before this last knock he was very good for 3-4 games. 14 games from 28 is not exactly "shite for 95% of games" is it?
Sigh. Impossible to have a constructive conversation with people like you. No wonder you're constantly arguing with everyone on this forum.

And centre midfielders get more grief, bordering on naked hatred at times, than players in any other position.

You know damn well that after Ugarte's second 6.5/10 game (inevitably described as "beyond woeful", "worst I've ever seen" and so on) that the usual suspects will be screaming to get rid, howling with rage at Ange, Paratici, our scouts, Levy and the rest and demanding that we sign the latest centre midfielder who has just had a 7/10 game.
Absolutely

It’s tiring mate

Sigh. Impossible to have a constructive conversation with people like you. No wonder you're constantly arguing with everyone on this forum.
Ok mate.

I’m agreeing with several people at the same time right now but if you think this isn’t constructive we can stop.

Imo Onana for 50m isn’t constructive either but I’ve been wrong plenty of times

Should we hold onto players who are crocked? GLC, Sessegnon, Bentancur.
Bentancur isn't "crocked" ffs lol, he just had an ACL.

Go look at what people were saying about Van Dijk in his first season back after an ACL. Now he's regularly in PL teams of the year at 32.

I said we needed to give Bentancur til 24/25 season to get back to his best, and then Cash took out his ankles. We need to be patient.

But his performance level has dropped due to his injuries? So we don't have the same player. He keeps getting subbed on/off.

Because you can't expect players to play at the same level straight after such significant injuries, look at Van Dijk, took a while to get back after the Pickford challenge but this season returned to a similar level pre injury.

Can't even remember why they kicked me off although I questioned their ITK loads of times, got to the point where I got banned from the transfer section because I said Trix was speaking shit and had an agenda and he had a complete meltdown threatening to leave the site.

I distinctly remember when 'The Goat' which was just A&C's way of releasing bullshit stories when traffic was down and to get donations released some info which was so obviously made up and put a funny rating on the post and he went nuts lol I think that was the start of our beef.

I had so many run ins with A&C over Levy and ENIC, I think the tip of the iceberg came during the ESL when I rebuttaled his post slating ENIC with facts and said said something like 'next time do your research' or something like that, he pm'd me absolutely fuming saying how lucky I am to be on the site and if I carry on he'll ban me etc... 😆

Anyway in the end I found that after the site went down I couldn't access the site when I was logged in, they blocked me for like a month then eventually removing my access.

Weird place, good members though but the mods over there are all just a bunch of wankers who gaslight people into paying money for bullshit info and dress it up as if it's paying for server costs lol
A&C has a lot to answer for...

I said we needed to give Bentancur til 24/25 season to get back to his best, and then Cash took out his ankles. We need to be patient.
That makes me wonder why we've been using him at all this season then, since his injuries. Why not just be patient as you said? There's nothing to gain in playing him until next season.

That makes me wonder why we've been using him at all this season then, why not just be patient as you said? There's nothing to gain in playing him until next season.
I take your point but sometimes players need minutes to get back to their best.

Personally I'd have tried to ease both him and Maddison in with more substitute appearances until they showed their form. But that would've required us starting GLC which presumably would have given Ange an aneurysm or something.

Bentancur had some crazy stat of never missing a game to injury in his Juve career before his ACL. He came back and got hacked by Cash. He’s not injury prone
Most players aren't injury prone, they'll get injured once and then miss out afterwards due to issues stemming from that one injury and people assume they're injury prone.

Apparently Richarlison is injury prone now, even though he has a similar injury history to Isak who everyone here would take.

Because you can't expect players to play at the same level straight after such significant injuries, look at Van Dijk, took a while to get back after the Pickford challenge but this season returned to a similar level pre injury.
Well we'll have to wait and see then. but what's the point in playing him in the team at all this season after his injuries?

Back
Top Bottom