Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obsession with G/A stats has ruined football. I had someone tell me that Drogba was a shit striker the other day cos they averaged 12 league goals a season for Chelsea.

The question with attackers shouldn't be how many tap ins they score, it should be do they make the team play better when he's on the pitch. Do they put in good performances that lead to us outplaying teams and winning games.

Re Brennan, how many genuinely good all round performances has he had? I count Newcastle home, Villa away, and a sprinkling of sub appearances. The rest have either been middling or outright crap.

The occasional tap in finish doesn't make up for 90 minutes worth of running into dead ends or failing to keep possession.
People used to criticise Harry Kane because he didn't score with every touch.
Posters have unrealistic expectations about footballers.

Done a bit of a deep dive on Gimenez as I have no life. Fortunately there's ample footage of him, evidently Mexicans like to know how their players are doing.

Gimenez vs AZ Alkmaar

Very loose in possession, poor first touch, doesn't look after the ball enough.

Gimenez vs Lazio

Better performance here, two well taken goals. But his all round play still leaves a lot to be desired. Poor at keeping possession, and twice makes the wrong decision to shoot rather than pass. Considering that recently the goals have dried up you want to make sure he's contributing plenty in other areas - it's not looking to me like he does.

Gimenez vs Alkmaar again

Again way too loose in possession. He'll get bodied by the CBs in the Prem.

Gimenez vs NEC

Gets an decent assist. Some other bright moments but still not seeing a striker with elite potential here. Hold up play & link up leaves much to be desired. Also extremely one-footed.

Gimenez vs Benfica

Neatly taken goal in this one. But still can't keep the fucking ball. Infuriating to watch at times.

Gimenez vs Germany

Probably the best indicator as in this one he's actually up against Prem level CBs in Rudidger and Tah. Fails the test. Consistently out-muscled, again struggles to keep possession. Has two good chances and fluffs both of them, the first he's easily nudged off the ball by Rudiger.

Gimenes vs Heracles

More loose first touches. Ironically he gets an assist in this one; he's trying to trap the ball under his studs but it bounces off him but fortunately into his teammates path who finishes well. Pretty much sums him up.

Gimenez vs Zwolle

Comes on as a late sub. Blows his only big chance by over-dribbling straight into a defender rather than making a simple pass.

Jesus Christ, I've seen enough. We simply cannot buy this guy, he's nowhere near the level. Really don't think he's a Prem level striker, it concerns me he's even on our list. Janssen vibes written all over him.
had a quick scan through, completely underwhelming, his all round play doesnt look any better than richys

I like Gallagher as a footballer but I would 100% get him just so Chelsea don't have him.

And it's not just for the sake of being petty. Poch clearly rates Gallagher, they'd be worse without him. Easy way to weaken your potential competition for next season.

I like Gallagher as a footballer but I would 100% get him just so Chelsea don't have him.

And it's not just for the sake of being petty. Poch clearly rates Gallagher, they'd be worse without him. Easy way to weaken your potential competition for next season.
He’s a good squad option - hard working grafter which is a great option to have. Bin off GLC, Skipp and PEH and he replaces all of them

Done a bit of a deep dive on Gimenez as I have no life. Fortunately there's ample footage of him, evidently Mexicans like to know how their players are doing.

Gimenez vs AZ Alkmaar

Very loose in possession, poor first touch, doesn't look after the ball enough.

Gimenez vs Lazio

Better performance here, two well taken goals. But his all round play still leaves a lot to be desired. Poor at keeping possession, and twice makes the wrong decision to shoot rather than pass. Considering that recently the goals have dried up you want to make sure he's contributing plenty in other areas - it's not looking to me like he does.

Gimenez vs Alkmaar again

Again way too loose in possession. He'll get bodied by the CBs in the Prem.

Gimenez vs NEC

Gets an decent assist. Some other bright moments but still not seeing a striker with elite potential here. Hold up play & link up leaves much to be desired. Also extremely one-footed.

Gimenez vs Benfica

Neatly taken goal in this one. But still can't keep the fucking ball. Infuriating to watch at times.

Gimenez vs Germany

Probably the best indicator as in this one he's actually up against Prem level CBs in Rudidger and Tah. Fails the test. Consistently out-muscled, again struggles to keep possession. Has two good chances and fluffs both of them, the first he's easily nudged off the ball by Rudiger.

Gimenes vs Heracles

More loose first touches. Ironically he gets an assist in this one; he's trying to trap the ball under his studs but it bounces off him but fortunately into his teammates path who finishes well. Pretty much sums him up.

Gimenez vs Zwolle

Comes on as a late sub. Blows his only big chance by over-dribbling straight into a defender rather than making a simple pass.

Jesus Christ, I've seen enough. We simply cannot buy this guy, he's nowhere near the level. Really don't think he's a Prem level striker, it concerns me he's even on our list. Janssen vibes written all over him.
I bet we sign him

We're absolutely hopeless at signing strikers

Last decent proper striker we bought was berbatov in 07

But why won't Chelsea offer Gallagher what he wants if he's the captain, and one of their coaches key players?
Yet we, a notoriously tight club will match it.

Seems bizarre
Because they're up shit creek financially and he's one of the only ones they can make good money on.

Back
Top Bottom