Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah fair, but spending your childhood being coached by one gives him a a very good chance.
Jordi Cruyff says hello.

Come to think of it, how many World Class players' kids have managed to either match or surpass their Dad's? I can't even think of many kids who've surpassed their Dad's who weren't up there in the WC bracket. Haaland is about the only one who comes to mind.

I've come to the conclusion that I think we need a really experienced CM to control our games better, a tempo setter. With elite passing range.

Toni Kroos anyone

Jordi Cruyff says hello.

Come to think of it, how many World Class players' kids have managed to either match or surpass their Dad's? I can't even think of many kids who've surpassed their Dad's who weren't up there in the WC bracket. Haaland is about the only one who comes to mind.

Fat Frank came to mind

Never saw the Dad play, but I find it hard to believe Maldini wasn't better than Cesare.

Per Swedish site football direct, Spurs are scouting and weighing up signing Viktor Djukanovic from Hammarby in Stockholm.

Djukanovic is a 20 year old winger from Montenegro that primarily plays on the left, but can also play on the right wing. He scored 13 goals in his first campaign with Hammarby and has a contract until 2027.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-3Kcp9MNw

He is also reported to be scouted by Lazio, PSV and Lorient.

He's pretty good. He wasn't a starter for most of last season and and still scored 13 from the left wing last season, with his right foot.
Hammarby is my Swedish team and i watched all their games last year. It will be really interesting to watch him this spring, because Hammarby's new coach says he wants to play like Spurs. He's not ready yet, but s big talent. I'd take him for 15-20M Euros.

People need to look at HOW we have upgraded our squad if they want a road map of what we will do next. The Gallagher ship as long sailed but by all means his groupies can cling to the life raft, now most likely to go to United, Braithwaite Everton won't shift unless they are relegated and even then he is a good kid and might stick with them. They will sell Pickford before him were FFP to force their hand.

I've genuinely worryingly heard Ivan Toney chat which I'm refusing to believe. But I'm filing it under the Braithwaite Gallagher Raya Tosin stuff, all these guys we were going to buy: Vicario, Dragusin, Swedish kid, Werner are wearing the shirt. These press blowhards don't know anything, we are actually scouting beyond M.O.D and its why we are not getting gazumped.

People need to look at HOW we have upgraded our squad if they want a road map of what we will do next. The Gallagher ship as long sailed but by all means his groupies can cling to the life raft, now most likely to go to United, Braithwaite Everton won't shift unless they are relegated and even then he is a good kid and might stick with them. They will sell Pickford before him were FFP to force their hand.

I've genuinely worryingly heard Ivan Toney chat which I'm refusing to believe. But I'm filing it under the Braithwaite Gallagher Raya Tosin stuff, all these guys we were going to buy: Vicario, Dragusin, Swedish kid, Werner are wearing the shirt. These press blowhards don't know anything, we are actually scouting beyond M.O.D and its why we are not getting gazumped.

You right the way we're upgraded our squad will give you the perfect roadmap of what we will do next...so it's more than likely that in the Summer 2 midfielders will leave (Hojbjerg and Lo Celso) IMO we've already bought in 1 replacement (Bergval) The other one is pretty much going to be a player we've been chasing since last Summer, a player the manager is clearly interested and is perfect for the way we want to play football and for the dressing room and the type deal which aligns exactly how our chairman operates and is homegrown which is what we need - that sounds exactly like Gallagher to me, I don't know about you...

Keep coping though, all you're gonna do is make it harder for yourself when it does eventually happen.

You right the way we're upgraded our squad will give you the perfect roadmap of what we will do next...so it's more than likely that in the Summer 2 midfielders will leave (Hojbjerg and Lo Celso) IMO we've already bought in 1 replacement (Bergval) The other one is pretty much going to be a player we've been chasing since last Summer, a player the manager is clearly interested and is perfect for the way we want to play football and for the dressing room and the type deal which aligns exactly how our chairman operates and is homegrown which is what we need - that sounds exactly like Gallagher to me, I don't know about you...

Keep coping though, all you're gonna do is make it harder for yourself when it does eventually happen.

Gallagher in the summer happens if he hasn't extended his deal and by that time he has a year left so probably around 30-35m. That does sound like this club no matter whether I like it or not.

It also depends on what Bergvall looks like. So far looks like he's more of the box to box 8 than the Maddison rotation. If he's ready to play real first team minutes, I don't see the need for Bergvall, Skipp, and Gallagher behind Sarr for that role.

Agree that PEH and GLC are leaving but if Bergvall is PEH replacement, then the logical spot to fill would be Maddison depth. In that case, Gibbs-White also fits exactly the type of HG player that the club would see value in IMO.

Gallagher in the summer happens if he hasn't extended his deal and by that time he has a year left so probably around 30-35m. That does sound like this club no matter whether I like it or not.

It also depends on what Bergvall looks like. So far looks like he's more of the box to box 8 than the Maddison rotation. If he's ready to play real first team minutes, I don't see the need for Bergvall, Skipp, and Gallagher behind Sarr for that role.

Agree that PEH and GLC are leaving but if Bergvall is PEH replacement, then the logical spot to fill would be Maddison depth. In that case, Gibbs-White also fits exactly the type of HG player that the club would see value in IMO.

Yeah maybe actually good shout.

PEH isn’t leaving this summer unless we pay him off early (which could well happen)

I'm of the opinion that Romero will be sold if we are genuinely in for Branthwaite.
Absolutely off your head if you think that. He’s vice captain and the manager talks so high of him. He’s also one of the best centre backs in the world and replacing him with a lad who’s hyped up the same way Colwill was last season just won’t happen.

Back
Top Bottom