Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1789698725062848944?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Looks like the Barcodes have overtaken us for wages offered.

Forget transfer spend, forget getting CL, the wages you offer decide where you sit on priority lists for players

You don't get into bidding wars over players of that caliber.

It's also playing time.

Big problem they have had all season is depth in defence Trips is like 33 and Botman is legit there only decent defender.

They could both join there earn good money and also walk into serious playing time.

Anyone who joins here knows they ain't playing first team football. We just outdated serious money on Drag also.

Why would anyone who's young and in there prime come to be 4th choice here?

With Phillips returning after a very good championship loan and Davies probs staying around we won't sign a new CB. It's fullbacks we will have to invest in because we legit have no depth there at all

We have the Croatian lad and Dorrington in the pipeline too..... If Ange doesn't fancy Davies as #4; an experienced vet as #4 would probably be the best shout.

Seriously the best footballer I've ever seen at youth level.

I'm glad he's forging a career after huge set backs. Not many kids who shine in the youths get the opportunity or simply struggle when moving up that level.

He got too much too soon. Was on absolute mega money for a young lad. Probably quite far down the list but I wonder if Southgate pulls a surprise with him.

It's also playing time.

Big problem they have had all season is depth in defence Trips is like 33 and Botman is legit there only decent defender.

They could both join there earn good money and also walk into serious playing time.

Anyone who joins here knows they ain't playing first team football. We just outdated serious money on Drag also.

With Phillips returning after a very good championship loan and Davies probs staying around we won't sign a new CB. It's fullbacks we will have to invest in because we legit have no depth there at all

I think we sign another CB and Davies moves on tbh.

Fun fact - Gyokeres and Kulusevski went to school together

They have also played together - and still do as part of the Swedish national team.

If Victor Gyokeres comes to Spurs its likely that Dejan Kulusevski helps in him coming to Spurs and settling in quickly.

Of course we should really have looked at Gyokeres when he was at Coventry ..... bit late now to think of that

It's also playing time.

This call to sign a new left-sided CB is a joke- we didn't lose games because we didn't have a viable LCB- we lost games because we have no viable backup fullbacks, and don't have a credible plan for defending set pieces.

As you say we have much bigger priorities than LCB, and need to focus on those.

Bro this isn't 2017, he's well past it
I agreed with you first and then changed it - he never had it. Big fish in a small pond, flopped when he tried to step up and immediately ran back to the low expectations.

Hilarious how obsessed with this guy some people have been for nearly a decade now because Poch once said he was nice player.

Seeking to replace 31 year old Son with a less prolific 31 year old Zaha makes zero sense.

Edwards is clocking worse output than BJ... In Portugal.

Sounds more like zero problems solved to me.
Wasn't suggesting to replace Son with Zaha.. we need more than 1 winger you know, particularly when said player gets played mostly as a striker.

And re Edwards, comes off the bench most games thus you need to be comparing his G/A per 90.

Back
Top Bottom