Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brayan Gruja seems to have exploded the last few months. Not killing it with g/a yet it seems but watching his highlights the number of dribbles he does per game is impressive. Looks a skillful player. One to watch for the summer maybe.

Anyone seen much of Matt O’Riley for Celtic? Would he fit into our midfield?

Just watched highlights of the match today and saw him fuck up a penalty, but also twat one in from the edge of the box. Not seen a huge amount of him, but he’s always looked good anytime I have.

Pal of mine says some big clubs sniffing around him like A Madrid and Juventus.

I have no idea who the guy is who wrote that, but I have a really hard time believing that Richarlison would go to Saudi. I feel like that was a fad from last season.

It would literally be career suicide.
While true, it would also be straight to the pearly gates in terms of being financially taken care of until the end of time.

I always try to remember that a lot of these guys came from nothing, in Richy's case from the favelas, and Richy especially has been outspoken about his charity work and how far he's come.

The amount of money the Saudis could give him could not only dwarf what we pay him, it could give him the ability to really help his hometown in Brazil. I think if explained that way, Richy might go for it.

Just watched highlights of the match today and saw him fuck up a penalty, but also twat one in from the edge of the box. Not seen a huge amount of him, but he’s always looked good anytime I have.

I'm a celtic fan so seen a lot of him. He's an 8/10 though which we already have plenty of and is not better than madders at 10 or Benta at 8. Quite a similar player to bentacur actually.

What are they sniffing? :cool: 🤔

So there's talk of Zaha wanting to come home.. would absolutely destroy it in our system at LW. Not a long term signing sure but immediately improves our team and system. Get Edwards on the other wing, sell Gio and convert kulu to backup 10, lot of issues solved with all that.

So there's talk of Zaha wanting to come home.. would absolutely destroy it in our system at LW. Not a long term signing sure but immediately improves our team and system. Get Edwards on the other wing, sell Gio and convert kulu to backup 10, lot of issues solved with all that.

Bro this isn't 2017, he's well past it

This would be a contentious one but what does anyone think of Rashford on the left wing?

Takefusa Kubo is another for the right wing that seems to be making waves in La Liga.

Going all out for Vlahovic would be a huge win as well

Anyway that’s my front three!

Very good footballer,lefty with a bit of class about him. Has great feet and is goal threat. I don’t think he’s quick enough and I think it would be physically a bit too much for him. A slower European place would suit him better.

Looking at some of these suggestions:

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Watched a fair bit of him and is probably the best player in that league at the moment, Ange obviously knows all about him, plays the SARR role box to box and gets on the end of chances. I like the Guy Maeda today for Celtic a real pressing machine who runs all day

Watched a fair bit of him and is probably the best player in that league at the moment, Ange obviously knows all about him, plays the SARR role box to box and gets on the end of chances. I like the Guy Maeda today for Celtic a real pressing machine who runs all day
Maeda’s end product is similar to Johnson. He’s so hit or miss. He’s actually the fastest player I’ve seen playing in Scotland and he is an animal when it comes to pressing but the step up to us would be too much.

Have we seen any links that are not lloyd Kelly and Gallagher

Don't want to get my hopes up again

As last summer I suspect the transfers that happen will be links that appear out of the blue and that are concluded pretty quickly in a week or so.

We need a whole new attack (plus keeping Son) if you ask me. To get it up to the level we need will require money we wont want to spend though.

This would be a contentious one but what does anyone think of Rashford on the left wing?

Takefusa Kubo is another for the right wing that seems to be making waves in La Liga.

Going all out for Vlahovic would be a huge win as well

Anyway that’s my front three!

No chance with Rashford, he's bad enough in Manchester, in London he'd be an utter disaster. Let man u deal with him.

The other two for sure.

Back
Top Bottom