Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By the simple process of elimination, I’m expecting us to be linked to Toney.

If Scum don’t want him, it’s basically us. I suppose the Dildo Nomads might want him.

Can't see him not becoming a chav...............

He's such a them kinda guy.

Ironically, could they afford him?

I’m assuming Chavs are screwed unless they sell and I’m not expecting anyone to do them favours.

I can't imagine they won't weasle out of their probs 1 way or another. It's who and what they are.

Honestly what a player. Watched him a lot this year and impresses me every time... super calm, composed, physical and technical. Those vertical passes through the centre is just what we're missing.

I know you shouldn't judge players on looks, of course, but he looks like he should be kinda crap. Palace have got three genuine ballers in him, Eze and Olise.

I doubt they have all 3 next season

Depends if they back their new manager or not in the summer. Early signs look promising for them under him, and neither Eze or Olise look like the type to kick up a fuss about moving unless one of the big boys make a move for them. Probably higher chance of Olise leaving out of the three. But they might get another season out of them.

this is true due to him being a dog in there. you want all your players to work hard! he lacks quality. i liked lamela due to his hunger to win games of football but lets be honest he lacked quality. we need to be buying quality. 50m should buy you someone who works hard AND has genuine quality.

a good scouting network would easily get this done. if you cant go out and easily get better value than gallagher for 50m, then you need to rip up the scouting network and prioritise getting a competent one in place.

He does have some qualities besides a great engine. Someone that presses as good as anybody, is rarely injured and also has a goal in him, along with the fact that he can play in a few positions, he's the kind of player every squad needs. I'm only thinking domestically though, not saying there aren't alternatives.

I think Conor Gallagher is one of those players you would appreciate more if he played for your team. He's a bit one paced and can give the ball away a fair bit at times. But his work-rate is phenomenal week in, week out. You also can't argue with his ability to get a goal from midfield as he's almost in double figures in the Premier League this season for a dysfunctional team. I may go against the grain with this one but think he would be a solid signing for around the 50 million mark. 24 is a great age too as he still has a few years of improving before he's at or near to his peak.
Haven't looked for a while but his thread on the shed end stays even if he does play for your team you're not overly keen

He does have some qualities besides a great engine. Someone that presses as good as anybody, is rarely injured and also has a goal in him, along with the fact that he can play in a few positions, he's the kind of player every squad needs. I'm only thinking domestically though, not saying there aren't alternatives.
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fac46e950-555c-11ed-b965-3a5f647316f8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom