Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madrid will be selling a forward with Mbappe coming in.

Liverpool and woolwich are exactly who we should be prepared to go toe to toe with. Compete for wages and you have a chance
Rodrygo should be high/top of our list.

incredible player, would light up the PL.

Not sure we could convince him, tbh.

He’s just turned 28. He can drop deep,peel off into wider areas and play on the shoulder. He’s an all rounder that would score and create for us. That’s the missing link along with better wide players

He’s never starting at #9 ahead of Son and moving Son to the LW doesn’t make us more creative from wide areas.

Good player, not what we need, total cunt who will turn toxic when he’s benched for Sonny

I think he’d go up a level instantly in our team. Bit concerned the scum are sniffing around him to be fair.

Toney? Well, yeh; he looked perfectly comfortable with better players around him with England the other night.......... Stylistically tho', that's still some way off what we or the scum would ask of him.

Proof will only be in the pudding on that front as there's no other point of reference.

Last edited:
Great to hear we are looking at the No6 role. Early season Biss was what we needed, but way too inconsistent since then. Not saying we need to get rid, but def need top notch competition for that spot.

Toney? Well, yeh; he looked perfectly comfortable with better players around him with England the other night.......... Stylistically tho', that's still some way off what we or the scum would ask of him.

Proof will only be in the pudding on that front as there's no other point of reference.

Yeah Toney. Although Isak is an interesting mention, I hadnt considered him. Cost would be prohibitive I suspect, plus going for him isnt really our MO. He can play wide and up top though.

I dont think we will sign either, but out of the two, who would you go for? I think I would just side with Isak because of age and potential upside. Toney would hit 20 goals in our team next season though, I have no doubt about that. Would Isak, I am not so sure?

Yeah Toney. Although Isak is an interesting mention, I hadnt considered him. Cost would be prohibitive I suspect, plus going for him isnt really our MO. He can play wide and up top though.

I dont think we will sign either, but out of the two, who would you go for? I think I would just side with Isak because of age and potential upside. Toney would hit 20 goals in our team next season though, I have no doubt about that. Would Isak, I am not so sure?
I think he could. Isak is a better footballer imo, just links better with those around him.

still not sold on Toney, sometimes his touch looks good but then I’ve seen it come off his shin, get it stuck under his feet.

Isaac is more deliberate with his finishing, just a cleaner striker of the ball. No doubt Toney gets a lot of shots off but I’ve seen him scuff a lot of goals in and he misses alot too. Toney to me, feels like he’ll just try and get as many shots off as he can, probably fine for Brentford but not sure how it’ll translate to a better team.

So not sure if it’s just about the individual getting 20 goals or not, more so the attacking part of the team gelling and improving and the team getting their goal tally up.

Isak would be a hard signing to make but if Woolwich are in for him we should be more than able to compete with our ffp headroom.

Last edited:
Don’t think Isak is a realistic target even if Newcastle has to sell.

There’s still a lot of work to do with this squad. Son and Richy are more than capable to handle striker roles.

The priorities should be LW, LB, and RB.
Richy really isn’t and Sonny can’t play with his back to goal. With how teams are sitting in against us we need a striker that can do that. If teams were going toe to toe with us then Sonny is perfect for us but we know how teams play against us. If we don’t upgrade at centre forward or in the wide forward areas we will not improve.

Richy really isn’t and Sonny can’t play with his back to goal. With how teams are sitting in against us we need a striker that can do that. If teams were going toe to toe with us then Sonny is perfect for us but we know how teams play against us. If we don’t upgrade at centre forward or in the wide forward areas we will not improve.

Not sure I agree with you that a back to goal CF helps us against teams that sit it. More helpful against City and woolwich or the dippers that press and we need an out ball.

Def agree on the wide forward and that's not Son. Tbh Werner is more dangerous on the LW than Son. I think we really need a wide forward that takes us up a level

He plays all 3 for Real and Brazil.
He was in media lately stating how his best position is LWF I think, how RWF is his weakest but he accepts playing there to help the team (think it was Mbappe related).

Haven’t seen enough to know, but he’d be too expensive I suspect anyway.

With Real having Bellingham 10 Vicinius likely shunted RWF to fit Mbappe LWF, Endrick sub initially (is he a 10? Looked it Vs England). It’s a 9 they still really need (unless Mbappe wants that role).

Not sure I agree with you that a back to goal CF helps us against teams that sit it. More helpful against City and woolwich or the dippers that press and we need an out ball.

Def agree on the wide forward and that's not Son. Tbh Werner is more dangerous on the LW than Son. I think we really need a wide forward that takes us up a level
Our front three all have to play with their backs to goal against teams that sit in. There’s no space in behind to run into. The forwards must be able to take it in and link up. Richy and Sonny can’t really do that as centre forwards. You also need a centre forward who can hold the ball up when we are countering teams too. We can’t have a central striker that it breaks down with most of the time when it’s played into him in tight areas.
As this was about Toney earlier he is perfect for us. Look at the way he brings players into play with deft touches in tight areas. It’s class. He uses his head,chest,both feet and clever flicks which can open the game up in an instant. We don’t have that with any of our front players especially the ones that play centrally.
He plays off the cuff at times and can be unpredictable which is what we need when things are tight in the first halfs.
We need something different

Back
Top Bottom