Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Remember how things like a coffee or a caña went from costing 100 pesetas to costing 1 euro?

#ShakesAngryFistAtTheMan
I remember the sneaky bastards everywhere doing it overnight because we were all too confused with the novelty to notice the price hike. I can still get a tercio here for 1.20 and a cortado for 1 so i'm not complaining too much about current prices. I just had the most amazing menu del dia for 13 Euros today. Cerveza, Agua, Ensalada Mixta, Caldero, Cordero Adaso, Natillas, Cortado: 13 Euros

I remember the sneaky bastards everywhere doing it overnight because we were all too confused with the novelty to notice the price hike. I can still get a tercio here for 1.20 and a cortado for 1 so i'm not complaining too much about current prices. I just had the most amazing menu del dia for 13 Euros today. Cerveza, Agua, Ensalada Mixta, Caldero, Cordero Adaso, Natillas, Cortado: 13 Euros
You can still find a three course menú del día for 12 euros here. From my first week here, 33 years ago, I've been a massive fan of large quantities of great, simple, home-cooked food with copious alcohol for affordable prices. €2 more and you can throw in a pacharán - count me in!

As for the peseta /euro switchover, I used to be the union rep at the academy where I worked. When our boss (who was a decent bloke, the best I ever had) explained to us how it would affect our wage slips, I asked if thanks to this new European integration we would now be receiving German wages. I never saw him look so terrified.

:levyeyes:

Wouldn’t rule it out.

Especially with Gil coming back slowly

Perisic contract runs out at end of season, so there's a logic in trying to get value out of him in January rather than zero next summer

ATM our options other than Perisic in attack include 6 players Johnson, Kulusevski, Son, Richarlison, Solomon, Gil ....... so its not a risk of lack of forward players. Its possible we might do some player trading of forwards in January but given there's not usually that many quality options then, I suspect we will wait until next summer

Wouldn’t rule it out.

Especially with Gil coming back slowly
Yeah, as nice as Perisic's crossing is, doesn't feel like we'd really lose out much even with Gil and somewhat sloppy play. At least Gil might come good.

Yeah, as nice as Perisic's crossing is, doesn't feel like we'd really lose out much even with Gil and somewhat sloppy play. At least Gil might come good.

I think we need to give Gil some games in PL - if he can't hack it, he's off next summer, but if he does ok then its up to Ange whether he stays as part of the squad or is sold next summer.

Either way the certainty will be good for both player and Spurs

Viva el Catalans...great folks

Al-Ittihad looked at Tottenham and Brazil striker Richarlison, 26, as an alternative to Salah after their £150m bid was turned down.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Al-Ittihad looked at Tottenham and Brazil striker Richarlison, 26, as an alternative to Salah after their £150m bid was turned down.

Al-Ittihad were very close to making a bid of a similar amount for Richarlison, but were made aware by the chairman of Tottenham that he's not for sale unless they could come back with a more serious offer for such a highly prized asset of the club.

:levyeyes:

After all the shit I talked about Saudicastle, I can't in good conscience support selling him to them.

Also, Richy is a good lad, even if he's a bit of a character. He's passionate about football, and cares about the poor and downtrodden, he deserves better.

After all the shit I talked about Saudicastle, I can't in good conscience support selling him to them.

Also, Richy is a good lad, even if he's a bit of a character. He's passionate about football, and cares about the poor and downtrodden, he deserves better.
Up to him - maybe Richy is desperate to join Jordan’s Henderson’s saintly mission to bring tolerance and everlasting peace to Saudi - by working/changing the system from the inside. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom