Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
because he adds value even when he isnt producing much with the ball at his feet. only idiots that have never played before dont understand how important that is.
Im
Not so sure he really presses that hood. Does he press like the dippers forwards did v toon with 10 men. I’ve never really seen him press hard and win the ball back or curve a mistake. A lot of the time he just jogs over hall heartedly.

We played forest twice last season and in the Cup the season before I think.

Then you are assuming nobody watches other teams?

I assume that as Forest aren't on television much, I doubt people are going out of their way to watch their games, yes.

How many games of Forests (outside of ours) do you remember watching? Fucking hell, I barely remember the games we did play against them outside of moments like Richarlisons doing kick ups (For which funnily enough Brennan Johnson then took him out).

Saying that, a quick search of this forum shows me that back in 2021/2022, people were wanting us to sign Brennan Johnson.

brennan johnson would be a great signing, get rid of winks too

Brennan Johnson looks like the real deal. But, often times, stats don't show the whole picture...
Besides, maybe Lewis-Potter can play RWB 😁

“Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”
― Mark Twain

Brennan Johnson from Forest instead of that twat Maddison

If we don’t go for Johnson this summer I think we will end up regretting it. He looks to have the lot.

Brennan Johnson is seriously good. Another one in the Maddison, Bowen, Olise category which we'll regret if we dont go for it.

Well he’s superb at getting the ball down the pitch - great dribbling and running with it.

Also very good at getting in behind the defence.

We would need our central midfielders to bomb it down the pitch though when he goes on those runs…to give him an outlet. Looks like with the likes of Bissouma and Sarr we won’t have an issue with that!
I think that side of his game is great and we all apreciate that but the issue is in tight spaces, and relatively slow, patient buildup, like the goals against Bournemouth that we're worried about.

Not saying he definitely can't do it, but both his club and national team are heavy underdogs who play counterattack football. We don't get to see if he has it in him.

It appears, as usual, all dealings will come down to the last few days, for multiple clubs. Let's hope levy has his ducks in order for a change and we don't get the "we tried" as he bounces around Europe with his wheelbarrow warchest.
Like Johnson, need a striker as well, but most of all at least one centre half is required. Another mid if PEH departs possibly.
Johnson, Orban , Tosin and a mid would be a possibility, but reckon we wind up with Tosin and a list of excuses, been here too many times before.

I assume that as Forest aren't on television much, I doubt people are going out of their way to watch their games, yes.

How many games of Forests (outside of ours) do you remember watching? Fucking hell, I barely remember the games we did play against them outside of moments like Richarlisons doing kick ups (For which funnily enough Brennan Johnson then took him out).

Saying that, a quick search of this forum shows me that back in 2021/2022, people were wanting us to sign Brennan Johnson.
No one's saying that Brennan Johnson is a complete nobody with nothing to get excited about. I'm sure there were comments like that for plenty of singings that eventually proved to be complete duds for us or for other clubs that signed them.

Ryan Gravenberch has conceded that he "doesn't know" whether or not he will leave Bayern Munich before Friday night's transfer deadline.

The Dutch midfielder, 21, has been linked with a move to the Premier League in recent months, with both Liverpool and Manchester United known to be admirers of the former Ajax star.
Gravenberch, who was given his senior debut by Erik ten Hag in Amsterdam, made just three starts in the Bundesliga last season and is keen to play regular football this season.

I think that side of his game is great and we all apreciate that but the issue is in tight spaces, and relatively slow, patient buildup, like the goals against Bournemouth that we're worried about.

Not saying he definitely can't do it, but both his club and national team are heavy underdogs who play counterattack football. We don't get to see if he has it in him.

He would need to adapt to a style which isn’t counter attacking. I think he’s more than good enough to do so.

Opinion, of course but I will die on that hill!

How many games of Forests (outside of ours) do you remember watching?
First time I saw Johnson was two years ago they were the featured game in the FA Cup against then-powerful Leicester and Forest absolutely took them apart, up 3-0 in half an hour, Johnson looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.

He's a guy there has been a lot of hype around and definitely a number of links with us last summer at a higher price point.

The problem isn't this being a guy no one's heard of. This is a hot prospect that was being closely watched in his first go round the PL last year and he did not live up to the hype.

First time I saw Johnson was two years ago they were the featured game in the FA Cup against then-powerful Leicester and Forest absolutely took them apart, up 3-0 in half an hour, Johnson looked like Cristiano Ronaldo.

He's a guy there has been a lot of hype around and definitely a number of links with us last summer at a higher price point.

The problem isn't this being a guy no one's heard of. This is a hot prospect that was being closely watched in his first go round the PL last year and he did not live up to the hype.

I didn't say no one had heard of him.

The point being made was that people seem to have their minds made up on him based on his price tag and not being deserving of it. As opposed to judging him on what he can do when he's here. Vicario had a specific part of the fanbase criticising him and waiting to jump on him because he was a cheap option. Van de Ven was said to have been a cheap option instead of just splashing the cash on Tapsoba, someone who had just one years experience in top flight etc. etc. - yet both have proven (so far at least) to suit Ange's system to a tee.

Interesting you say he didn't live up to the hype. What was expected of a 21 year old that played for a team that spent half of the season in the relegation zone? No Forest player was involved in more goals than he was.

Back
Top Bottom