Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does he though?

He may give the appearance of running his nuts off but that's probably because his first touch means he's lost the ball and is trying to get it back.

He doesn't track back half as well as he should for a player that is not scoring and not assisting.

Today he could be seen leasurely jogging back from the half way line when Brentford were on the attack most of the time.

Hopefully AP can turn him into the player we all want him to be - but on the current evidence, it'll take a miracle.

I think he does yes. I have some doubts regarding richarlison but effort and desire are not one of them. The guy shows a lot of emotion on the pitch and gets frustrated when things aren’t going great, which are likeable traits that tells me he will work hard to improve and be the best he can.
That’s all you can ask for imo I just hope his best is good enough

It was nice while it lasted...

Yeah, I'm also disappointed that Lukaku is a non-starter :ange-hands-head:

I'll put this in a spoiler to get marginally less death threats :ange-blow:

I'm less opposed to Lukaku than most, well nearly everyone I guess. As a player in general and as potential signing. He would do really well in this team imho. Sticking my neck out and claiming 25+ goals and assists. Not happening though for any number of reasons.

Yeah, I'm also disappointed that Lukaku is a non-starter :ange-hands-head:

I'll put this in a spoiler to get marginally less death threats :ange-blow:

I'm less opposed to Lukaku than most, well nearly everyone I guess. As a player in general and as potential signing. He would do really well in this team imho. Sticking my neck out and claiming 25+ goals and assists. Not happening though for any number of reasons.
I'm going to call you out just in case others don't click the spoiler. You think Lukaku could get 25+ goals and assists for us? Are you out of your mind? Lukaku will hear he has to press and hear he needs to make runs, then he will be on the first flight to Italy and hide with the fake haired psycho. There is no way in hell that worthless, brick foot would ever fit in Anges system.

/rant

It was nice while it lasted...

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

And

Half Baked Boo GIF

How long do you give him though?

You said "he can score and press like no one up front" - do you really believe that?

He's pretty much our only recognised striker at the moment and he's given us 3 goals in 36 appearances.

What's acceptable from him after a 10/15/20 game consistent run?

Do we forever just 'hope' he comes good?

I lost count of how many times we said that last season.
First things first, I didn’t say “he can score and press like no one up front”.

Acceptable after 10/15/20 games? Over 10 goals. And presently, yes, we have to hope he comes good. If we go out and sign someone to replace him, we’d either have a very unhappy player on the bench, or would have to sell him for half of what we paid. And who is that replacement? Is it more important a position to upgrade than others on the pitch? Is it where our money should go?

Like his figures for Everton, I’m a bit reticent to judge him here so far, as we were a fucking bin fire last season.

He’s not the answer to 30 goals a season, but I’m hoping he can contribute strongly towards that.

How many games will we run into extreme bus parking, counter-attacking setups like we saw today?

Not sure we should be making full conclusions on Son, Kulu, and Richi based on playing the best bunker and counter team in the league away in Week 1. Playing against United will look very different in 6 days and present another batch of challenges.

He’s never going to get Kane numbers, but if we can lump in some goals from elsewhere on the pitch, he could be a decent stopgap. Although like you, I have my doubts.
To dare is to decent stopgap. Decent stopgap FC etc.. It would be insane to sell Kane and not bring in another striker, right? We need a proper front man, not a winger/forward like Richarlison.

Some really good signings in Maddison and Van de Ven though, and Udogie looks very talented. Imo we need a striker, a creative cm to compete with Bissouma, another CB and possibly a RB (Royal still starting is bizzare).

WLB on SC has stated we're in for Vlahovic!!!

Vlahovic

Almost anyone who's followed Spurs rumours could make this up :cool:

What Lies Beneath @ SC

Name reveal

Initially, Vlahovic and Chiesa were the coveted players in the team's strategy after Kane's departure, prior to Paratici's ban. Despite the setback, his ongoing involvement means that both players are still viable options within the team's budget. It's worth noting that Juventus has currently rejected any approach, but the right amount of money could potentially change their stance. Considering the situation, my feeling is that if we pursue more aggressively, only one of these players will likely be secured.

Ange likes the players and thinks they would suit his system

How long do you give him though?

You said "he can score and press like no one up front" - do you really believe that?

He's pretty much our only recognised striker at the moment and he's given us 3 goals in 36 appearances.

What's acceptable from him after a 10/15/20 game consistent run?

Do we forever just 'hope' he comes good?

I lost count of how many times we said that last season.
I think you need to get away from his performances under Conte. This is a reset under a different manager with a completely different system.

He's already on a hiding to nothing, as he'll be compared to Kane at every turn. Understandable, but unfair nonetheless.

As far as I'm concerned, he's had one competitive game under AP, against a side renowned for stifling strikers.

If he works his socks off and weighs in with his fair share of goals, that's good enough for me, so long as he's part of putting more W's in than L's.

I think you need to get away from his performances under Conte. This is a reset under a different manager with a completely different system.

He's already on a hiding to nothing, as he'll be compared to Kane at every turn. Understandable, but unfair nonetheless.

As far as I'm concerned, he's had one competitive game under AP, against a side renowned for stifling strikers.

If he works his socks off and weighs in with his fair share of goals, that's good enough for me, so long as he's part of putting more W's in than L's.
I want him to succeed - but I also want another first team option brought in, in case he doesn't.

To dare is to decent stopgap. Decent stopgap FC etc.. It would be insane to sell Kane and not bring in another striker, right? We need a proper front man, not a winger/forward like Richarlison.

Some really good signings in Maddison and Van de Ven though, and Udogie looks very talented. Imo we need a striker, a creative cm to compete with Bissouma, another CB and possibly a RB (Royal still starting is bizzare).
I agree. Rich is no Kane replacement. Said it in my last two posts. As for replacing him, I just wonder if there are other positions that are more important and more possible to upgrade.

Sanchez was good today, but we really need another central defender for sure. Peresic and Solomon as winger backups to Son and Kulu? Not sure about any of those four these days.

And yes, maybe another in cm as Skipp just doesn’t seem to be making it.

So, whilst it would be lovely to get Rich replaced with someone much better, is it the right place to spend our money and who is out there that we could get and is better? Fucked if I know.

Back
Top Bottom