Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Levy decided to pay 30M for a relegated Sissoko. I don't think Leicester are being that unreasonable, he's their star man, HG, concrete PL numbers. We do exactly the same thing and everyone big's it up.

Whilst Kane is here Maddison won't have the opportunity to take free kicks :kanehand:
That's a bollox narrative imo, he went a fair few seasons post eriksen (including his last few seasons) watching everyone have a go at free kicks and being shit.

Probably as everyone was missing it fell to who was good in training, which no doubt was Harry

Except for the part where last season was not a one off bad year. Last 4 seasons were 6th, 7th, 4th, 8th. We had a one of good year with Conte. The rest have been rubbish. Im not sure Maddison or anyone cares about what we were doing under Poch, more than 4 years ago and 5 managers ago. You'd be in denial to think Newcastle in the CL and on the up are not a better proposition.

Yeah true, Maddison must be signing for us purely for the bantz then

Maybe the likes of Maddison wanting to sign signals that Spurs aren't done as a club as much as you want to believe :thumbup:

We seems to be moving reasonably quickly, in part due to Ange, but I wonder if it also helps with Kane negotiations. If we sign Maddison, the new keeper is sorted, Kulu is perm, then it seems as if we're going to try and short our shit out. This may encourage Kane to remain...

United will cave and pay up later. Chavs sold lots of shite with their dodgy Saudi relations.
They don’t need to shift Mount now.

He’s never worth more that much though.

Same as Maddison isn’t worth what Leicester want. Don’t think we will pay it unlike UTD
Both have a year left but on the player side Maddison is more likely to force his way out because if he stays in the championship he certainly doesn’t make the Euro 2024 squad; the likes of Jacob Ramsey and Morgan Gibbs White will surpass him.

Whilst Leicester certainly need the money more, Chelsea will still not want to lose a good value asset for free.

Spurs : now that you've accepted £35m , I insist that you accept £30mil

Piece of piss this negotiating lark

:levylol:
I'd hate to be the bloke in the metaphorical corner shop when Levy pops down to buy a metaphorical pint of milk.

Bloke: That'll be a pound please.
DL: I'll give you 90p.
Bloke: No, a pint of milk costs a pound.
DL: And I've said I'll give you 90p.
Bloke: Sorry, it's a pound. Take it or leave it.
DL: My final offer is 85p.
Bloke: It was 90p a minute ago.
DL: And now it's 85p.
Bloke: Oh for fuck's sake, have it for 85p. There's a queue forming behind you.
DL: I'll give you 80p...

PL proven means fuck all. Mitoma, Caicedo, Guimares, Toney, Mbueno, Martinelli, Encisco and plenty of other high performing players last year were transferred in from lower leagues or came up via the champo
Facts.

Richarlison is “PL proven”

Ditto Hoejberg

David Bentley, Darren Bent. It’s a fallacy people cling to for easily debunked reasons.

IMO There’s probably only 3 players who would have a shot of making an all-time Spurs prem XI who were:

A) at least 25 years old

and

B) had at least two years of English top experience prior to joining .

Teddy Sheringham, David Ginola and Mousa Dembele

Both have a year left but on the player side Maddison is more likely to force his way out because if he stays in the championship he certainly doesn’t make the Euro 2024 squad; the likes of Jacob Ramsey and Morgan Gibbs White will surpass him.

Whilst Leicester certainly need the money more, Chelsea will still not want to lose a good value asset for free.

Agree.

Honestly don’t really care what Mount does because he’s not coming here in a million years.

Maybe UtD are in the shadows for Maddison if Mount falls through. Personally ok with me if they paid the 50-60m that Leicester want.

Back
Top Bottom