Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hate them as much as them lot. My Barbour's ruined where my mate tried to grab me to stop an assault on John Terry who came over to the south stand deliberately to celebrate a goal. Fucking pocket came clean off. Fortunately I was so seething about the jacket JT got a pass that day.

For me, it's only 'tradition' that really keeps the Arse at the top of the scum list.......

My hatred for the Chavs transcends football.

Same can be said for the prevalent petro-sportswashing shit show in general which is proving the death-knell of the game I once loved.

For me, it's only 'tradition' that really keeps the Arse at the top of the scum list.......

Same can be said for the prevalent petro-sportswashing shit show in general which is proving the death-knell of the game I once loved.
If we can't beat them, do we join them?

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Is it unreasonable to think we can unearth one player at a lower price thru good scouting?

When 20 y/o prospects at CB are being rated at £80m; let's face it it's becoming harder and harder.

I'd have tried to turn Ndicka's head or bag the lad that B'muff ended up signing, but pressumably our interest in either was never as strong as first linked.

If I was him I would just run my contract down and then leave for free summer 2024. The market for him will be huge and he will be pretty much be able to name his wage anywhere across Europe.
Definitely mate, and the club deserve that to happen to them.
Where is this game changing stadium gone, at the moment we can't even win games in it.
If the club want to be big boys, then fucking start acting like one, or reduce the prices and be an also ran which we are currently.

If by some miracle Kane signs a new contract or ENIC don’t push him out for money, a serious club would go really hard at the next summer window.

Top shelf talent at:
GK - 40m
LCB - 70m
CCB - 50m

And a midfielder that’s different to what we have - 40m ish

That’s a 200m window. Maybe bring some money back in finally from outs and it could be done. Do it and this squad isn’t miles away.

Kane goes it’s a totally different window.
Do you see 200 m being spent or more, unless ENIC are out the door it seems unlikely.

Arteta is such a dick though, and other fans are noticing. They were saying about it on the sky fantasy football show. Just basically saying he’s such a dick for his antics. That will help a lot of other fans to dislike them.

Arteta is such a dick though, and other fans are noticing. They were saying about it on the sky fantasy football show. Just basically saying he’s such a dick for his antics. That will help a lot of other fans to dislike them.

Be clear.... I don't dislike them any less.

Amortization means if you pay in one lump or over the course of years it doesn't matter for ffp as you spread the cost out regardless.

By using this company it means they spread out payments helping cash flow.
Yeah agree with the first point and because the lifetime of the asset is 9 years (aligned to contract duration), the annual amount is lower.

However, it’s a balance sheet term. They can pay upfront and amortise the asset over the term which doesn’t help their cash flow, but does help FFP

I

I would really like a player to two foot him

Yeah agree with the first point and because the lifetime of the asset is 9 years (aligned to contract duration), the annual amount is lower.

However, it’s a balance sheet term. They can pay upfront and amortise the asset over the term which doesn’t help their cash flow, but does help FFP

I
I replied to a post saying they were going to a third party who would pay the full amount immediately and Chelsea would pay that third party in installments.

I replied to a post saying they were going to a third party who would pay the full amount immediately and Chelsea would pay that third party in installments.
A third party as in a bank? That’s standard practice in business for big purchases, buyer or seller

Is it unreasonable to think we can unearth one player at a lower price thru good scouting?
We will have to because:
Do you see 200 m being spent or more, unless ENIC are out the door it seems unlikely.

If they decide Hincapie is one of them he will be 25-30 ish but also very raw. If Bastoni hasn't signed a contract yet then maybe he's 30m. That is much more the range our owners want to pay.

Read the post I replied to, it's all there
Read it

Its a non issue and finance factoring is commonplace, and I expect it happens all the time in football.

The issue is the extended contract term to stretch the amortisation of the asset on the balance sheet which is a separate issue to navigate FFP.

If they decide Hincapie is one of them he will be 25-30 ish but also very raw. If Bastoni hasn't signed a contract yet then maybe he's 30m. That is much more the range our owners want to pay.

You're way off.

Levekusen were rumoured to have slapped a £80m pricetag on Hincapie a few weeks ago. Bastoni was tagged with 70m euro in the summer.....

So pretty much the same ballpark of OG post........

Market's a joke and it gets worse every window.

Read it

Its a non issue and finance factoring is commonplace, and I expect it happens all the time in football.

The issue is the extended contract term to stretch the amortisation of the asset on the balance sheet which is a separate issue to navigate FFP.
That's what I said.

Why would you prefer to pay it in installments rather than in one hit out of your cash reserves?

That's what I said.

Why would you prefer to pay it in installments rather than in one hit out of your cash reserves?
Most people would pay in instalments, either direct staged payments or indirect via a factoring company. Can’t imagine why you would pay upfront from your own reserve

I wonder if UEFA will step in to curb the spending in the PL. Some pretty interesting points in the article, although La Liga doesn't seem to mind taking PL money

Back
Top Bottom