Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mate, our current forward group is midtable. We needed to just go hard and try to to sign a proper talent from Europe with the Kane money, but instead we're bringing in mediocrity. We'd be better off not signing any of these and playing academy players as backups.
i hear that but who? i mean a couple years ago it was all vlahovic, but there is no clear striker in europe now it seems. its pretty dead for strikers. maybe toney when hes back is now the logical choice?

50+ pages since I logged on earlier........ Fuck that.

Reg > Man U (Loan) ?
Gallagher ?
Johnson ?
Dier playing silly buggers......
Shady direct to bin with no yellow?

Anything else?

You forgot Lloyd Kelly

How Dare You Greta GIF

I'm sorry you just don't have good awareness of the club you support I guess? We've enquired about Johnson and were given a fuckoff price and backed off.
I guess I should spend more time reading crap on Twitter and convince myself every player we’re ever linked with is a great signing. Like Spence was.
I’m sure you were all for that too.

Cheaper players are less risky, not more risky. It's our gambling on expensive frauds like Richarlison, Ndombele, Lo Celso etc that has brought us to this point whereas the cheaper players like Bentancur, Bissouma, Udogie etc are the ones doing well.

It's much easier to recover when a cheap player flops than when all your record signings do.
Like so many other aspects of the transfer market that were more suited to Levy's methods, the world in which we can flog Kevin Wimmer to Stoke for more than we paid is long, long gone.

I guess I should spend more time reading crap on Twitter and convince myself every player we’re ever linked with is a great signing. Like Spence was.
I’m sure you were all for that too.
"Convince myself" mate we were watching him, that's documented. Just admit you were talking shit and move on.

True, hojbjerg is probably the least suited to 6 of all our midfielders given he struggles the most in tight spaces and under a press. The 6 role in a possession team is wildly different to the 6 in a counter attack system. If Hojbjerg stays he should play more like a Kante breaking up play further forward.

Bissouma or Sarr are the obvious 6’s in the squad in our system but they will be off for ACON so maybe Bentancur will need to fill in who knows.
This is where Skipp bulking has let him down as well, you need that strong but slender core that he presently doesn’t have, making him more tank like turns and twists, relative.

Bentancur may well thrive as he is slender/twisty, but will his body recover, will he trust it enough, this season might be a sub role, but January for me, as CB and 2 Forwards first (maybe one forward and a 8).

Think Sarr should be Bissouma cover, but 8 otherwise. Skipp going 8 if Bissouma—> Sarr

Like so many other aspects of the transfer market that were more suited to Levy's methods, the world in which we can flog Kevin Wimmer to Stoke for more than we paid is long, long gone.

Absolutely true, Levy has completely failed to change with the times. He still considers £50m to be a huge fee. That's nothing in this market. Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich are buying players for £100m while Levy continues to operate in the same price range that teams like Brentford are now shopping in.

Back
Top Bottom