Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think our forward problems are bigger than Richarlison.

Son still looks way off. He had about 10-15 minutes where he seemed to get involved and hurt United, but then faded again. Got moved into the middle when Perisic came on and vanished so badly I actually thought he'd gone off too.
Kulu tried and tried and tried.....by repeatedly cutting in and shooting straight at the keeper.
The one time he went on the outside and used his right we scored from it.
That's because we struggle to find our striker at the moment, Richarlison had the same problem. I thought Son was pretty good, and Kulu was pretty much exactly what you described. I'd love for use to buy a new RW.

French club wants Player. French journalists get info from French club.
Except they’re not being quoted as saying Monaco wants Tosin. That much is already clear.
I doubt Tosin is going to wake up tomorrow and say ‘Oh I really wanted Spurs yesterday but I must want Monaco today because the French press say so.’
I doubt that Spurs are dropping out of the race based on reports they read in the French press.

Last edited:
It never fails to amaze how short term thinking is, based on a result. Always the same. We beat United and for sone it's all good.

I am comfortable saying and being absolutely certain that we need and must get a striker of note before the window clowew.

If, in the absence of a younger striker of note, it's Lukaku, then 100% fine with me.

Not changing that view, whether a 100 people disagree with me or not

We are not equipped at present.

Equally; insisting that Lukaku wouldn't be a bad signing isn't gonna change those 100minds either.

- His attitude stinks.
- Thought nothing about massively screwing the chavs over despite them being his OG parent club and investing massive money in him for a 2nd stint.
- No doubt sees himself as above us in our current standing.
- Gets paid a fucking fortune.
- Lazy on the pitch.
- No less likely to miss a sitter than Richy is.

Last edited:
Interesting development with jota. How will saudis handle things like this? No one can pay what they paid for players, so are they content to continue to blow money and sell for a loss or do they not care about a player’s wishes and say fuck you your ass is ours now?

The world's players will be watching with great interest........

Rightio. But in terms of Spurs and where they're currently at, I struggle to see a more ambitious move than Toney or Watkins. If we make the CL next year then perhaps we can think bigger.

See previous comments about both...... Especially Toney..... He'd be too little too late.

Equally; insisting that Lukaku wouldn't be a bad signing isn't gonna change those 100minds either.

- His attitude stinks.
- Thought nothing about massively screwing the chavs over despite them being his OG parent club and investing massive money in him for a 2nd stint.
- No doubt sees himself as above us in our current form.
- Gets paid a fucking fortune.
- Lazy on the pitch.
- No less likely to miss a sitter than Richy is.

He's got a much higher ceiling than Richy and has achieved a much higher level in the past. Signing him would be about thinking the club can re-capture that form. Obviously his current/recent level is shit.

*I'm not advocating for signing Lukaku, just saying that he's still relatively young and at his best was far beyond Richarlison's level.

Interesting development with jota. How will saudis handle things like this? No one can pay what they paid for players, so are they content to continue to blow money and sell for a loss or do they not care about a player’s wishes and say fuck you your ass is ours now?
Straight swap for Ndombele?

Poch is fortunate the run of fixtures for Chelsea over the next 6 or so games are pretty easy going
Could backfire in a way- they may not get results in even this easy game as squad unsettled.
I’m sticking to my guns here , he will be gone by Christmas

So what you're basically saying is.......... Mauricio Potter-chino(*).

Maybe those that still struggled to pronounce his name after 6 years in the EPL were onto something afterall........

Last edited:
He's got a much higher ceiling than Richy and has achieved a much higher level in the past. Signing him would be about thinking the club can re-capture that form. Obviously his current/recent level is shit.

*I'm not advocating for signing Lukaku, just saying that he's still relatively young and at his best was far beyond Richarlison's level.

No more keen for reasons already listed........

Either way; "relatively young" is a stretch tho'.

No more keen for reasons already listed........

Either way; "relatively young" is a stretch tho'.

As in not so old that he can't turn it round.

If its a signing the coach wants then go for it. Up to him if he thinks he's the right man manager. And the upside is we'd actually have a competent striker.

Except they’re not being quoted as saying Monaco wants Tosin. That much is already clear.
I doubt Tosin is going to wake up tomorrow and say ‘Oh I really wanted Spurs yesterday but I must want Monaco today because the French press say so.’
I doubt that Spurs are dropping out of the race based on reports they read in the French press.
Mate.

If you don’t get it, we are wasting our time continuing

Mate.

If you don’t get it, we are wasting our time continuing
There’s no plausible explanation for why the French press would report that he prefers them when he doesn’t. It’s not like Spurs are going to be fooled assuming we have his agent’s number. Presumably, Monaco’s future doesn’t depend on this deceit. I honestly don’t see Monaco’s ultras — if they exist— marching on the chairman for promising them Tosin when he had no intention of joining.

It’s also been widely reported that Fulham have turned down two bids from Monaco for €7m and €10m. The Athletic are one of the sources who reported this along with many other non-French sources. Of course, you’ll have a great explanation as to why Monaco would bid for a player who doesn’t want to join them. We’ll ignore multiple sources that say he’s already agreed personal terms with them.
It seems it’s a matter of the two clubs not yet agreeing a price. At the end of the day, if Fulham want to be rid of Tosin (or, at least get a fee), they’ll be forced to settle for what Monaco offer or else he’ll go on a free next year.

As in not so old that he can't turn it round.

If its a signing the coach wants then go for it. Up to him if he thinks he's the right man manager. And the upside is we'd actually have a competent striker.

Doubtful he's on Ange's mind bearing in mind his statement about building a young team with the future in mind rather than completing putting the finishing touches to a squad.

https://www.givemesport.com/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-fabrizio-romano-ange-postecoglou/

What has Fabrizio Romano said about Tottenham?

Romano has suggested that Tottenham are likely to sign one striker before the window slams shut in September.

The journalist adds that Postecoglou does want to give Richarlison the chance to prove himself in a centre-forward role this season.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, he said: “I’m not sure about how many because I’m sure that Ange Postecoglou wants to give some time for Richarlison to show how good he is, to have the opportunity to feel important for the squad. So I’m not sure they will sign two attackers, but at least one I expect because Tottenham need someone in that position of course after losing a top player like Harry Kane.”

Back
Top Bottom