Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
That’s irrelevant you moose.

You said you don’t care about having a cluttered squad because that’s not the clubs problem, it’s levy’s.

That’s one of the worst takes I’ve heard on here.
I guess I have to spell it out

"It's Levy's problem to offload the clutter and find buyers."

Most fans don't give a shit if there are a load of rejects loitering around the training ground or on the wage bill. We just want to see the club sign some centre backs.

I'm a fan not a shareholder or a club accountant.

Capiche?

And if we haven't got a new centre back by Brentford, maybe the I'll start to cry online to random strangers.

Hmm, don't you think it might be a good idea to try and bring one in a lot sooner than that?

You know, help get them up to speed with their teammates and new manager and style of play?

It can only be beneficial to do as much business as possible well before the season actually starts.

Well we need to see some movement on a new CB asap imo, that might help ease some of the 'tension' lol.

Oh and the small matter of Harry Kane. I'm not happy going into September with his contract situation still unknown.

He needs to sign a new deal or we need to sell, that's how I see it anyway.

Really can't risk him going on a free transfer next summer and to someone in England.
Exactly the tours started, we don't have any movement on the biggest problem area in the squad, Kane is at best 50/50 depending if you are a glass half full or empty sort.

This window could easily descend into the realms of absolute shit show.

How Ange is supposed to plan around this mess I don't know.

Journalist Dean Jones has said his sources at Tottenham have informed him that Daniel Levy is worried about the prospect of Ange Postecoglou starting his first Premier League season without Harry Kane at the club.

If reports over the last few days are to be believed, Bayern Munich are not giving up on their pursuit of Kane despite both their offers being turned down by Spurs (Fabrizio Romano –Here We Go Podcast).

Kane has travelled with the Tottenham squad for pre-season to Australia and it was reported by Dan Kilpatrick in The Evening Standard on Friday that the striker will not agitate for a move like he did when Manchester City came calling two years ago as he does not want to leave the club on a sour note.

Kilpatrick added that the 29-year-old is open to all possibilities, including signing a new deal, leaving this summer, and leaving on a free next summer.

Daniel Levy is worried about impact of selling Kane
Jones has now explained that while Levy was initially open to the idea of cashing in on Kane, the Spurs chairman is now having doubts about selling the club’s talisman, given the lack of stability at the club.

The journalist said on The Done Deal Show: “In February, I have a very good contact at Tottenham who said for the first time that Daniel Levy was considering selling him this summer because he can’t stand the idea of losing him for free.

“It came to the back end of the season and I spoke to him again and he said he doesn’t think he’ll let him go, and he said he’s stubborn.

“He doesn’t want to lose Harry Kane and he’s very very worried about the fact that they have a new manager coming in with no Premier League experience and that Kane wouldn’t be there to see that period through.

“There’s no stability left at the club and where these goals will come from or how you will replace him.”

Spurs Web Opinion

Levy’s concern is certainly understandable as, despite all the promise that Postecoglou has shown in his career so far, there is an element of a gamble with the appointment.

The Australian would certainly have a steep learning curve during his first few months in the Premier League and it is thus vital that he has the leadership and experience of the likes of Kane to call upon, especially since Lloris is leaving.
In other words, 'journalist states the blindingly obvious'.

I'm worried about what happens if/when Harry Kane leaves. Its another cheap article for easy clicks as it has Kane in the title.

Does it matter if it was even said?

"It doesn't matter whether it's true or not" revisited. 😄

(But yet, it matters in as much as the OG accusations were made.... Why not condemn the OG accusation instead or the reply? ....If indeed they don't matter.)

If you're preaching an "only outcomes matter" mindset then great, but can we drop all the daily ramping up of the melodrama about what you (not just you, granted!) imagine might going on behind the scenes and all the second guessing of what Levy is or isn't doing.........?

Fair deal.

Hmm, don't you think it might be a good idea to try and bring one in a lot sooner than that?

You know, help get them up to speed with their teammates and new manager and style of play?

It can only be beneficial to do as much business as possible well before the season actually starts.

This isn't fucking Sunday league football lol

Are we to believe if we sign a centre back after the tour, they're incapable of getting to know other humans and have to learn how to play in a high line?

Back
Top Bottom