Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Odd feeling. Probably three weeks to go in the transfer window and I'm not anxious for anything to happen but for a few outgoings. Feel as if the squad is very well equipped to deal with the season and have at the very least a strong competitive year in most competitions.

Upgrading our rotation at RW with Zaniolo to jump ahead of Lucas, and a young cb to replace Tanganga would make for a really excellent window and set us up so well for the coming years.

Regarding Destiny Udogie: we have heard the following, or similar, jokes about him (too) many times already:

It was his Destiny to join Spurs, etc.
Destiny Udogie is a great name for a stripper, etc.
We know what his favorite position is… etc.
Snoop made a song about him: “Who let the Udogie out.” Etc.
The famous quotes: “Thrown to the Udogie,” & “Every Udogie must have his day,” etc
Udogie is man’s best friend, etc.
Is his age measured by Udogie years? Etc.

Once the transfer window opened this summer, signor Paratici called Udine FC and asked them,” Is Udogie in the window for sale?"

Try something new instead and come up with jokes about his other first name: Iyenoma
Rework the gags. Soft g, like a dge. From himself on tiktok.

If Fofana's price is £75m+ then imagine what Gvardiol would cost. And Romero would be worth around £90m now

If Fofana is £75m then Romero is £100m plus but it’s not about worth it’s about one team in Leicester not wanting to sell and Chelsea throwing whatever they have to make it too attractive not to sell.

Fofana is probably a £40-50m player, the extra 20-30m is the honey.

Feel like people underrate Fofana because of that injury. Before that he was already a big money move to Leicester (close to 40 million) and then rocked up in England like he'd been here for years. Was absolutely superb.

From what I've seen of Gvardiol I don't think he's any better than Fofana at all.

Feel like people underrate Fofana because of that injury. Before that he was already a big money move to Leicester (close to 40 million) and then rocked up in England like he'd been here for years. Was absolutely superb.

From what I've seen of Gvardiol I don't think he's any better than Fofana at all.
Agreed.

Wtf is happening at Leicester btw not signed anyone and all there best players are under bids from other PL clubs

Strange happenings going on at that club me thinks

Can't really figure it out.
They made a fortune from Kante, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell, Drinkwater. There's over £200,000,000 in sales there.
They haven't exactly gone and spunked it all on crap either.

I’d be a little disappointed if we sell Gil. Hasn’t had much of a chance in the EPL. The few times I have seen him play, he looked sharp and definitely added something different. Perhaps the coaches have seen something on the training field or maybe the accountants are looking for a quick buck. Regardless, would have been a random signing if we do end up selling

I thought that he was heading out as a loan only?

I thought that he had a good pre-season?

Sissoko has 71.

What the fuck is your point now?
I’ve made it several times in this thread.

Sissoko made 58 of his appearances before France were very good and before spurs even signed him. Most in 2010-2013 period when France were really bad. Only 13 caps since we signed him / France reached euro 2016 final.

Rabiot has made all of his appearances since France reached the euro 2016 final when France has been good.

ie. Despite Rabiot being young and Sissoko being in the prime of his career, Rabiot has made 3 times more appearances for France than Sissoko since November 2016.

What the fuck is your point now? :D

Can't really figure it out.
They made a fortune from Kante, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell, Drinkwater. There's over £200,000,000 in sales there.
They haven't exactly gone and spunked it all on crap either.

Only thing I can think off is there maxed the wages they can spend

Vardy Tielamans Periera must be on big wages

That and bottling CL 2 years running over the last 3 might be hurting them financially

Back
Top Bottom