Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But were you at said wing chain for a wedding dinner and later end up in the Kanawha river in your boxers? Followed by a wedding reception at a bar called the Garage (which was literally an old service station,) with a Champagne fountain flowing with Natural Light, and the groomsmen singing karaoke to Hank Williams Jr?
Were you at my wedding?!

He is a decent player and still only 22, but Everton have no goals in their side and a shit manager

They have plenty of potentially solid players, but yes, are seriously lacking proven goals. Its the wrong fit manager for the available talent. Somebody should be able to craft a decent spine from: Tarkowski/Keane/Holgate, Doucoure/Allan, Gomes/Dele, and Calvert-Lewin, but it'll never be Lampard.

We are one midfielder away from having what we need.

The right midfielder and the last piece of our jigsaw for now.

Find it or find him to more specific, and I think with a good start to the season, we are 100% in the title mix..

I sense a quiet confidence.

They are in so, so much trouble and they don't even seem to know it yet. I have no idea how they replace the workrate and output of Richarlison at present. I can't believe A) They gave Lampard the job, B) He somehow kept them up, C) They didn't fire him anyways, and D) That he's still here. It's just a matter of time before they are back in the relegation hunt and he's out of the job.
Oh, I think they know it. I was at the Everton loss to Woolwich in Baltimore, and in the first half when it was mostly starters, Everton looked like a favorite for relegation. They could barely get the ball across midfield (and it’s not like Woolwich was doing anything special). The fullbacks were especially bad, the MF couldn’t progress the ball, and the Fs didn’t create anything the way Richarlison can.

He was the only thing that kept them up last year.

I don’t hate Dwight McNeil, but signing him isn’t going to save them from relegation. If any of the teams moving up from the Championship are semi-competent this season, I don’t see how Everton‘s time in the top flight continues.

Who’s going to be watching and keeping an eye on Portsmouth constantly this season? :)
Pick Me Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

And Preston...

It strikes me that certain players get so much shtik from fans.

Lucas is clearly a player Conte loves and yet a large group of fans seem to despise him. Extremely athletic, flexible position wise, very direct and causes our opposition problems especially as a substitute, chips in with the odd goal or assist, good team mate and never seems to complain, doesn't cost much in today's football climate and yet so many want rid of him. The footballing brain is lacking yes, but he has so many positives and there are so many ways to be an effective footballer and so few have it all.

Add that bonus that he will do so much getting Richarlison settled and its even more confusing to me. We could be doing so much worse on the squad than Lucas.

I get what you are saying and despite being one from the camp that would see him moved on I can agree with most what you are saying.

I think one reason is related to his position in club. Until January he was our 3rd choice attacking player and purely on ability front he is not good enough for that. Not even close in fact. As 3rd option his contribution to goal creation has not been up to required level with just 16 assists in EPL over 7755 minutes - he has created one goal over 5,4 full 90-minute appearance. Quite contrary - he was where our attacks went to die - either heavy touch, running between number of defenders or just inaccurate pass/cross. Now when we have Kane, Son, Kulu, Richarlison in front of him, as 5th choice attacker he is more acceptable option to have.

Notion that Conte loves him So much is very questionable, considering since his arrival he has brought in 2 players so Moura could be used less in attacking position (+ brought 1 in and having total 3 RWBs to use ahead of Moura in this position).

I agree that we could do lot worse (but also bit better) in terms of squad player. His attitude has been top notch and I believe he is one that helps to keep team spirits up. Just from ability wise he does not offer as much as needed + at being 30, he is unlikely to improve.

Thing I can’t get my head round with Lucas is that he has all the attributes that would make you think he’d be a good impact sub. Yet I struggle to recall many games where he’s come on and played well. Definitely plays a lot better when he starts - which is a shame given he’s unlikely to get many starts

Thing I can’t get my head round with Lucas is that he has all the attributes that would make you think he’d be a good impact sub. Yet I struggle to recall many games where he’s come on and played well. Definitely plays a lot better when he starts - which is a shame given he’s unlikely to get many starts
I'm not sure it's worth pondering the deeper mysteries of Lucas. He's with us one more season. Let's use him as backup ST and occasional RW, and call it a day.

LEEDS UNITED may have inadvertently disrupted Tottenham's summer transfer plans.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Leeds United may have made life difficult for Tottenham in their effort to offload out-of-favour defender Japhet Tanganga to AC Milan. The Rossoneri are unable to shift their full focus onto concluding a deal for Tanganga until they nail down Leeds target Charles De Ketelaere, but negotiations for the Belgian are stuck due to the Whites' mammoth offer.

Tottenham have four players Roma may accept in Zaniolo swap deal

Depay ‘makes transfer decision’ amid Man Utd and Tottenham links
Leeds' interest in De Ketelaere was confirmed by manager Jesse Marsch last week and while their £31.5million bid met Club Brugge's valuation, the player himself favoured AC Milan. But the Whites have seemingly set a benchmark that the Italian side can't match, with £27.5m reportedly as high as they are prepared to go.

It remains to be seen whether the Belgian outfit will cave into the will of their young marksman, and while Milan are pouring all of their effort into hauling the deal over the line, Tanganga's move from Spurs has failed to progress.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the 23-year-old has 'promised himself' to Milan but is keen to see the deal done by the end of the week. Ultimately, Milan may have to pick their priority or take on the difficult challenge of spinning two plates at once.

LEEDS UNITED may have inadvertently disrupted Tottenham's summer transfer plans.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Leeds United may have made life difficult for Tottenham in their effort to offload out-of-favour defender Japhet Tanganga to AC Milan. The Rossoneri are unable to shift their full focus onto concluding a deal for Tanganga until they nail down Leeds target Charles De Ketelaere, but negotiations for the Belgian are stuck due to the Whites' mammoth offer.

Leeds' interest in De Ketelaere was confirmed by manager Jesse Marsch last week and while their £31.5million bid met Club Brugge's valuation, the player himself favoured AC Milan. But the Whites have seemingly set a benchmark that the Italian side can't match, with £27.5m reportedly as high as they are prepared to go.

It remains to be seen whether the Belgian outfit will cave into the will of their young marksman, and while Milan are pouring all of their effort into hauling the deal over the line, Tanganga's move from Spurs has failed to progress.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, the 23-year-old has 'promised himself' to Milan but is keen to see the deal done by the end of the week. Ultimately, Milan may have to pick their priority or take on the difficult challenge of spinning two plates at once.

What a silly article.....

Nothing at our end hinges on Japh and the reference to Depay (and Utd) doesn't connect with anything else in the article either.

The story here is that Leeds may pip AC to CDK....... My word; are we really that click worthy all of a sudden.....????

What a silly article.....

Nothing at our end hinges on Japh and the reference to Depay (and Utd) doesn't connect with anything else in the article either.

The story here is that Leeds may pip AC to CDK....... My word; are we really that click worthy all of a sudden.....????
The bolded bits are links to other articles/information that is outside of the main article, I'm guessing anyway, think if you click on the link you would get a more coherent read...

Not that I think it is anything more than pure speculation anyway, but the Depay bit isn't meant to be related to the main article.

True, but even though we always talk about it, I don’t actually think he’s really been used as a sub.

He tends to just sit on the bench, as cover.

I'd rather loan all of our unwanted squad players to keep them as far away from the actual players as possible.

If we can't sell them, let someone else pay their wages and put up with their shit.

Instead of their modus operandi of waiting until late in the transfer window to make key additions, Spurs have been proactive this summer and have addressed most of the squad’s weaknesses well before the start of the new campaign.

The North London club have already brought six players through the door in the form of Ivan Perisic, Fraser Forster, Yves Bissouma, Richarlison, Clement Lenglet and Djed Spence.

The Evening Standard’s Dan Kilpatrick reported last week that Tottenham are now focused on moving on their deadwood and added that the club are still on the lookout for a creative midfielder and a centre-back.

Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano has told GiveMeSport that Fabio Paratici continues to be on the lookout for market ‘opportunities’.

Gold has now said something similar, stating that Tottenham could look to bring in a striker, an attacking midfielder and a centre-back, depending on player sales.

The journalist said on a Q&A on Football.London: “Spurs’ focus right now is on getting players out of the door but they are still looking at opportunities for attacking midfielders and strikers, as well as another centre-back depending on who departs.

Spurs Web Opinion

I think part of the reason why Conte has experimented with Moura at right-wing-back is because of the possibility that Spurs could bring another forward through the door (potentially Zaniolo).

One would also expect the club to sign another centre-back if Tanganga and Rodon depart but it is unclear at this point who our target is likely to be, particularly with Bremer joining Juventus.

Also incorrect. (and indeed so was I)

Lo Celso actually recovered from the injury he suffered before Pochettino got sacked, came on in every game up to us beating Red Star 5 nil and was a starter in Pochs last few games for the club.

I’m not debating that Lo Celso has been a disaster of a signing, but the narrative that he was a waster from the start who never gave a shit about Spurs is just factually incorrect.

Lo Celso with only a handful of appearances where he completes 90 minutes in PL matches in two and a half seasons, yet he is fit enough to play in (and star to some degree) almost all Argentina matches in the same time period, shows that whilst fit enough to start a decent number of PL matches none of Spurs managers felt he was making much influence on matches and was therefore substituted absolutely should tell you precisely what his attitude to Spurs was. And it stinks.

Lo Celso with only a handful of appearances where he completes 90 minutes in PL matches in two and a half seasons, yet he is fit enough to play in (and star to some degree) almost all Argentina matches in the same time period, shows that whilst fit enough to start a decent number of PL matches none of Spurs managers felt he was making much influence on matches and was therefore substituted absolutely should tell you precisely what his attitude to Spurs was. And it stinks.
Does Levy pay for your punctuation? That, or you’re a lawyer.

Broadly agree, btw.

Back
Top Bottom