Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Steve will have a great career in Holland, that is the correct level for him. Conte has said over and over again that only certain types of players can succeed in the PL because of the physical intensity. Bergwijn just can’t handle it, but he’s a good lad with great talent. He will be a good player for Ajax and the national team.

I don't think he struggles with physicality at all.

Raise him your left nut!
Millionaire golfer was riding his Rolls Royce in Cornwall and stopped at a garage.

Young mechanic:"That's the coolest car I've ever seen!"

The golfer smirks and reaches into the car, pressing a button. With a mechanical whirl, the canopy folds up.

Again he reaches into the car and turns on the radio, pointing at the antenna that extends automatically.

"Amazing! This car can do everything!"

The golfer reaches into his pocket for his wallet and when he pulls it out, a golf tee drops out of his pocket.

Mechanic:"What's that?"

"It's a tee. It's something you put your balls on when you're driving."

Mechanic: "Rolls Royce think of EVERYTHING!"

Doesn't really matter. It's only the date to register for a new club. We can buy players. They just can't play in a competitive match.

Technically we beat them 3-1 away. Ref and VAR just refused to acknowledge 2 goals.

not quite. The fact we cannot register players means technically we cannot complete the deal.

its not a show stopper as we can do deals, its just the deal is not fully complete and occasionally there are problems in registration which throws the entire deal.

same as in home purchase - solicitor will wobble if Land Registry reject the documents the solicitor sends them showing the house transfer. Usually simple to resolve paperwork but sometimes its not simple

Millionaire golfer was riding his Rolls Royce in Cornwall and stopped at a garage.

The golfer smirks and reaches into the car, pressing a button. With a mechanical whirl, the canopy folds up.

Again he reaches into the car and turns on the radio, pointing at the antenna that extends automatically.

The golfer reaches into his pocket for his wallet and when he pulls it out, a golf tee drops out of his pocket.

3POU.gif

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has posted this in a different thread which explains succinctly why Inter need to sell players - in short they have borrowed £350m debt from 3rd parties (not owner) which is not structured as long term debt, but as short term borrowing.

Sunning (Chinese owners) are unable under Chinese law to put more funding in so they need to pressurise club to sell players to repay debt.

See 2nd slide below - inter are in 6th highest borrowing but unlike Spurs (long term bonds/debt) Inter need to repay relatively quickly.

Last edited:

Was that one from the 70s or 80s?
I forget

Baby Boomers Internet GIF

I think Steve will have a great career in Holland, that is the correct level for him. Conte has said over and over again that only certain types of players can succeed in the PL because of the physical intensity. Bergwijn just can’t handle it, but he’s a good lad with great talent. He will be a good player for Ajax and the national team.
Indeed, the English racism is very difficult to operate in

Back
Top Bottom