Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Years of Levy have turned our fans into absolute skinflints.

Who gives a shit if we overpay by a few million, the club have the money and it's not coming out of our pocket.

If the end result is Conte get's a player he wants then I am game.

Do you think any of the "big" clubs fans all sit around whining that they overpaid by £10m or so?
Over paying is relative. VVD was considered overpaying at the time. Now, I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone saying Liverpool overpaid.

If we pay €60 for chicken dance and he thrives same thing….but if he doesn’t thrive, or takes a few reds and costs us then it will be cries of Levy out!

PREM MINS ONLYMinutes Played 21/22% of Mins 21/22% of Mins 22/23 - Just a guess
Prem Mins3420%%
Kane323295%Kane82%
Son300688%Son75%
Kulusevski177552%Kulusevski65%
Bergwijn56517%Richarlison57%
Moura126137%Moura21%

Just a guess at what adding Richarlison could mean to the Prem minutes of our front 5. Obviously, the other 3 comps will play a big part in this and adding another attacker would impact this significantly.

A 13% decrease for Kane/Son would equal 5 full matches over the course of the season. How do you see the minutes playing out?

Important to remember that Conte relied on the same XI last season because he didn't trust the bench. You'd expect much more rotation if we actually get him the squad he desires.

Looks like Richarlson is gonna happen. If we get Lenglet (seems the most likely now) and Spence, I'd say its been a really good window.
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

I think the belligerence can be useful but I hope that if we get him in Conte can have him remove the play acting from his game. I’m sure he does draw proper fouls but the over acting is annoying at best
We are generally a very nice team. We do have some aggressive characters like Hojbjerg but he shouts unnecessarily at his teammates instead. And Dier goes for the fans (lol). Someone like lamela who annoys opponents and gets under their skin (but isnt injured for most of the season) is kinda useful.

Chelsea is a bit odd.

Going for Sterling and Raphinha while they have Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi, Ziyech.

Either going to have 6 wide forwards or they have some to sell.

Back
Top Bottom