Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not that we will now get any player we want and there are more important factors, but I think it's still a thing for players if they get a call from one of the most succesful managers of all time; completely different from getting a call from Ole or Poch.

Bergwijn's agent revealed that they were totally convinced after a Facetime chat with Mourinho.

Trying to come up with our best 2nd 11 and i have come to the conclusion Levy needs to get his hands in his pocket if we want to go deep in the EL and have a good start in the PL as well.

First XI

Lloris
Doherty
Dier
Alderweireld
Davies
Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Son
Kane

Second XI

Gazzaniga
Tanganga
Sanchez
New CB
Cirkin
Winks
Sissoko
Dele
Lucas
Lamela
New ST

Still have the likes of Sessengon, Gedson and Clarke to fit in. We need another striker and centre back, and I wouldn't be surprised if we signed someone else who becomes available later in the window.

Doherty, Hojberg and Hart were probably players Mourinho decided to buy based on his own knowledge, I pretty much doubt there was any work from our scouts to buy these players. So, there's nothing done by these clowns in the window and they will probably come up with some N'something guy that will prove to be shite in the end of the window.
His decision to buy them was probably based on levy breaking open his piggy bank and saying that's what you have to spend.

Mate, we are fans, amateur pundits but also sit on the scale of rational to lunatic but FFS nobody tell me we are so unique that we cannot find a suitable second striker.

I do not give a flying fcuk where that striker may come from, what they might cost or any other potsy metric, I just don't get the seemingly endless difficulty.

If you want in a microcosm why we have failed to win sh!t in so many years look no further than this issue.

It's mental.
I agree with this.

I posted the following in the "Amazon" thread and haven't had a serious answer yet.

Thoughts?

Absolutely.
I'm trying to figure out who is to "blame"

Levy for being tight doesn't make sense as Hitchin already knows the budget. Maybe wages ? but how many strikers have we made a genuine bid for ?

Poch/Jose for being too "picky" or for wanting a striker outside of the budget ?

Hitchin for not identifying the strikers ?

I genuinely have no idea.

Mate, we are fans, amateur pundits but also sit on the scale of rational to lunatic but FFS nobody tell me we are so unique that we cannot find a suitable second striker.

I do not give a flying fcuk where that striker may come from, what they might cost or any other potsy metric, I just don't get the seemingly endless difficulty.

If you want in a microcosm why we have failed to win sh!t in so many years look no further than this issue.

It's mental.
The other major factor in all of this is Harry Kane. How the fuck must he feel if once again he's left to carry the baton of sole striker and thereby increase the risk of serious injury through not being able to have a break now and again.
It gives very negative vibes about how the club value him if they don't prioritise a back up striker this window and actually end up getting nobody.
If I was Mr Kane in that situation then this season would be my last one for Spurs, no matter how much I loved the place. He has to put himself (and his family) first and not the club.

Anyone else find it strange that it has been very quiet on moving players out?
Not really, if they are not good enough, who's going to bid for them.

Toby - quality - nobody made the low £25m bid for him.
Jan - quality - no offers in his last year
Eriksen - quality - none of the big clubs wanted him.
Rose - we've been trying to shift for 1 1/2 years, nobody willing to buy him.

The other major factor in all of this is Harry Kane. How the fuck must he feel if once again he's left to carry the baton of sole striker and thereby increase the risk of serious injury through not being able to have a break now and again.
It gives very negative vibes about how the club value him if they don't prioritise a back up striker this window and actually end up getting nobody.
If I was Mr Kane in that situation then this season would be my last one for Spurs, no matter how much I loved the place. He has to put himself (and his family) first and not the club.

I think part of the problem is the opposite, Kane wants to play too much - every game almost - and neither Poch nor Mourinho wanted/want to stop him either.

I think part of the problem is the opposite, Kane wants to play too much - every game almost - and neither Poch nor Mourinho wanted/want to stop him either.
The problem in a nutshell, but unless there's an alternative solution (back up striker) which the management can then be seen to either use or ignore then Harry remains the only option, fully fit or not.

Back
Top Bottom