Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

>get creative with the available cash.
>handy swap deals (definitely thinking KWP for Hojberg is on the cards).
>get Max Aarons, which will be significantly easier with the season not voided and Norwich almost certainly going down. I also suspect we've been tapping him up somewhat.
>Serge either goes or signs a new deal, with a second RB brought in with that cash if he leaves.
>Jan will go (I have no opinion on whether he should try to hold onto him, but do love the guy).
>Rose will be sold, Sessegnon might well be thrown into LB mode.
>our central defence will be made up of Alderweireld, Dier, Tanganga, and either Foyth or some youngster brought in by selling him.
>any net outlay will be for a backup striker, probably tall and older.

That's my prediction of what'll be happening this summer.

that is terrifying!

I've read some Championship clubs are on the brink of being bust
How on earth would QPR not except between £5-10m + A couple of our youngsters permanent or on loan for Eze.
That £5m is a MASSIVE amount of money for them
QPR may fail FFP but I doubt they are on the brink of going bust, their owners minted. If they are going to get rid of FFP at the moment (being discussed as everyone will fail) I would think he would rather have the player.

A few posts on here saying we won’t have money to spend because of Covid and it’s future effects, but we’ll have budget available by selling players.

As we are one of the most fiscally stable clubs out there and we have no money, who are these clubs that are going to chuck us £20m for Lamela or £10m for Rose?

A few posts on here saying we won’t have money to spend because of Covid and it’s future effects, but we’ll have budget available by selling players.

As we are one of the most fiscally stable clubs out there and we have no money, who are these clubs that are going to chuck us £20m for Lamela or £10m for Rose?

PSG & City are gonna take our B-team off our hands and simultaneously fund our charge to an EPL & CL double next season....

We beat PSG in the final thanks to a late own goal by Carter-Vickers.

Looking forward to Bill Madrid Bill Madrid 's annual Summer Window bingo card with great anticipation

Stay alert John, I posted it on March 19...

s6I0e2X.png

:gazza:

I'd assume we can all agree that C19 won't be adversely affecting our club any more than our rivals?

So the question is, not how much gets knocked off our transfer kitty, but what excuses will be rolled out by you and others if our rivals show more intent on strengthening their teams than we do?

Looking forward to Bill Madrid Bill Madrid 's annual Summer Window bingo card with great anticipation
The "we are better than liverpool, so don't need to strengthen" excuse hasn't aged well.

I've read some Championship clubs are on the brink of being bust
How on earth would QPR not except between £5-10m + A couple of our youngsters permanent or on loan for Eze.
That £5m is a MASSIVE amount of money for them

I agree that it will be a buyers market too. One thing the lower clubs would be struggling with is a massive wage bill. Off loading players to lighten the load will be vital for some clubs who are looking just to survive until normality resumes.

Let's hope our scouting team* have been paying attention.

*assuming we still have a scout let alone a team.

Coutinho on loan?

I would rather him on 1y deal than Fraser or any other average PL player.
But the look of things, I think JM wants to play a 4-3-3 on return to action, not sure where Coutinho fits into that.

Is he better than Son? No.
Would you play him instead of Lo Celso? I wouldn't.
He doesn't play off the right wing.
He's a number 10, which we don't need. As much as I rate him, I think the funds could be spared on other pressing matters.

Back
Top Bottom