Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

London trio Woolwich, Tottenham and West Ham are also in the pack of clubs hoping to sign Lallana, and they have now been joined by Dyche's ambitious Burnley.
Bullshit reporting. A free transfer and clusb stripped for cash. Writes itself, but Lallana isnt a player we need.

Woolwich and Tottenham are both competing over the free signing of Chelsea and Brazil midfielder Willian, 31, who is out of contract at Stamford Bridge this summer. (Telegraph)

All this posturing that we aren’t going to spend any money on players is not something I believe. I get we are in unprecedented times, but the club realistically is missing out on a handful of home attendances and fresh off two profit breaking record years.

My guess is the English clubs are leaking this stuff to the press to try to keep prices down.

All this posturing that we aren’t going to spend any money on players is not something I believe. I get we are in unprecedented times, but the club realistically is missing out on a handful of home attendances and fresh off two profit breaking record years.

My guess is the English clubs are leaking this stuff to the press to try to keep prices down.

5 home games remain. 800000 x 5 = £4m
+ NFL games x 2 = £4m
+ NFL matchday revenue x 2 = £1.6m
+ Lady Gaga + GnRoses gigs (Presumably rescheduled so not lost revenue; just delayed.) = £0

= £9.6m lost.

Obviously there'll will be additional stuff to add to that I've not considered.... Anyone care to add to that list?

5 home games remain. 800000 x 5 = £4m
+ NFL games x 2 = £4m
+ NFL matchday revenue x 2 = £1.6m
+ Lady Gaga + GnRoses gigs (Presumably rescheduled so not lost revenue; just delayed.) = £0

= £9.6m lost.

Obviously there'll will be additional stuff to add to that I've not considered.... Anyone care to add to that list?
Talk the AJ fight will be moved to a smaller stadium, so that could be another big loss

Talk the AJ fight will be moved to a smaller stadium, so that could be another big loss

So lets guess based upon the NFL we hire the stadium out at circa 2m a pop....

That takes us to £11.6m

....Anymore for anymore?

Woolwich and Tottenham are both competing over the free signing of Chelsea and Brazil midfielder Willian, 31, who is out of contract at Stamford Bridge this summer. (Telegraph)
Please please let him not come here. He's a sulky self satisfied git who doesn't belong in our beloved team. Plus where's he going to play
We're chocka with AMF.

Imagine our window ending with David Luiz, Willian, Ryan Fraser, Thomas Meunier, Adam Lallana and Blaise Matuidi all on frees...

You're a sick man.

Not sure I'd want any of them though tbh. Without Europe paying the wages of 3 more AMs would an absolute waste too. Ditto 2 fallen CBs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom