Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Ndombele faster fitter and stronger than Defoe was?
Is every single player today, fitter than every single player 12 years ago?
And if so, does that mean they are all more skillfull?

Also regarding teams today and and teams in the 2000-2012 era, it’s got nothing to do with a team to team comparison.
Despite the fact Spurs under Redknapp would beat this current mess 8-0.

You have mocked the notion a team from 2012 could beat a team from today and claimed Norwich today would cone close to winning a CL and PL double.

You keep avoiding anything that hurts your view though.
Again, would Ronaldo and Messi in 2012, with their fitness levels of then not get into our squad today?
Sorry mate you're talking bollocks - athletes/players are clearly fitter, stronger, faster, the ever lowering of world records proves that - if you deny that you're not worth wasting anymore time on.

While we are here, who would win in a fight between Hulk and Superman?
Both can die in (comic) theory, but I think Superman has more abilities to defeat Hulk without use of any exterior tools. (On the other hand, put them in an environment that can damage Superman and Hulk might use it to his advantage and win)

Also Hulk only has massive power and rage, something Superman should be able to absorb.

Perhaps a Bruce Banner can outsmart Superman, but since he loses control when Hulk comes up, I don't think Hulk would be able to follow through with a cunning plan that Banner set up.

Sorry mate you're talking bollocks - athletes/players are clearly fitter, stronger, faster, the ever lowering of world records proves that - if you deny that you're not worth wasting anymore time on.
So as I’ve asked you, Messi from 2012 would not get into our starting 11 today?

Because he would be less fit, weaker and slower than everyone we have, and therefore our current team will be able to pass the ball and shoot and dribble better than he could 8 years ago?

Please try and answer this time yeah....

So as I’ve asked you, Messi from 2012 would not get into our starting 11 today?

Because he would be less fit, weaker and slower than everyone we have, and therefore our current team will be able to pass the ball and shoot and dribble better than he could 8 years ago?

Please try and answer this time yeah....
One player out of what 5,000 in Europe ... OK that swings it then ...

We were talking leagues but you couldn't support that argument, so we dropped to teams but you couldn't support that argument, now we're down to one player .... what next grass is to long?

But that's a much different issue, losing players off their wage bill (on June 30) is going to help that, not make it worse.

I am merely addressing your statement about clubs potentially losing players on June 30 preventing them from playing games.

One and the same thing.

Vertonghen's contract ends on 30 June, would we wish to renew it (not sure what his wages are but lets say £80k pw or £4m pa) if we needed an extra player to complete the season.

Answer is no - all football clubs are now going to hurt from reduced revenues so imperative across football to reduce player wages.

All in the post I suggested you read - but there's also now a Spurs Finances 2019/20 thread discussing these issues

Now you're talking. Here is a serious bar brawl.
aDg6IvrDSY7L1_7k7gnTcsW_YcIcFcFTpGkldbwEY_s.jpg

One player out of what 5,000 in Europe ... OK that swings it then ...

We were talking leagues but you couldn't support that argument, so we dropped to teams but you couldn't support that argument, now we're down to one player .... what next grass is to long?
That one player undoes your argument though.
Shall we say it’s not one player perhaps even.

How about Ronaldo?
Xavi?
Iniesta?
Drogba?
Aguero?
Buffon?

There’s hundreds, but I think you know how stupid you are being don’t you.

You didn’t mind talking about teams and players until you saw you were talking shit.
What exactly is a league without teams and players in your head?

One and the same thing.

Vertonghen's contract ends on 30 June, would we wish to renew it (not sure what his wages are but lets say £80k pw or £4m pa) if we needed an extra player to complete the season.

Answer is no - all football clubs are now going to hurt from reduced revenues so imperative across football to reduce player wages.

All in the post I suggested you read - but there's also now a Spurs Finances 2019/20 thread discussing these issues

I think we are at completely crossed purposes here.

You said that clubs having players whose contracts expire on June 30 would make it difficult for them to play fixtures beyond that date.

I'm saying it will make virtually no difference - and the post you refer to doesn't change that, it actually is the opposite. It's saying clubs are in financial difficulty. Losing a contracted player on June 30 doesn't add to that, it removes a financial burden.

No PL club is going to struggle to play games because it loses one or two players from it's squad/wage bill.

Both can die in (comic) theory, but I think Superman has more abilities to defeat Hulk without use of any exterior tools. (On the other hand, put them in an environment that can damage Superman and Hulk might use it to his advantage and win)

Also Hulk only has massive power and rage, something Superman should be able to absorb.

Perhaps a Bruce Banner can outsmart Superman, but since he loses control when Hulk comes up, I don't think Hulk would be able to follow through with a cunning plan that Banner set up.
technically the hulk has no limit to strength. and remember, superman got beaten to death by an opponent that was basically mindless rage and strength.

That’s not even a question, of course Superman would win it’s not even a contest!
On the remote chance that the Hulk threw a sucker punch to win the match, Superman could easily fly back in time and start the match over and be aware of the sucker punch before it happened, Superman 1-0 Hulk, job done

Who remembers

superman flying around sees wonderwoman spread eagled ... thinks I’ll have a bit of that. I’ll use my superspeedy fuck power .... be in and out before she knows it

wonderwoman was like OMG what was that....... she asks the invisible man ..... dunno he says but my arse is sore as fuck

this is what’s its come to .... apologies folks

Back
Top Bottom