Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 or 4 players are still needed.

Lo Celso, quality in the Premier League unproven would only replace and not complement Eriksen.

How fans but more so Pochettino cannot see the need for an additional striker I do not understand whatsoever and I think/hope we get Sessegnon and a n other. I am not hopeful but hoping.

Nothing ridiculous in my opinion in wanting 3/4 players of quality but baffling that others would think we could compete without refreshing the squad.

Pochettino has shown he is not quite a magician so Levy must give him better props.

Is there an age restriction on here? If so it must be set at very young.

Your little kiddie gang should all be up soon.

Waste of space.
You're going to have to explain that. I understand the meaning of all of the words individually, but not when assembled in the groups you used.
To help you - you post an amazing amount of specifically critical stuff on here about many aspects of Tottenham Hotspur and you just posted a very positive and wistful commentary about Spurs most disliked rival.
Maybe you can see why I, or other committed Spurs fans, might be confused about your allegiance.
In general you dont post stuff that flags you as a Spurs fan.

You're going to have to explain that. I understand the meaning of all of the words individually, but not when assembled in the groups you used.
To help you - you post an amazing amount of specifically critical stuff on here about many aspects of Tottenham Hotspur and you just posted a very positive and wistful commentary about Spurs most disliked rival.
Maybe you can see why I, or other committed Spurs fans, might be confused about your allegiance.
In general you dont post stuff that flags you as a Spurs fan.

In your childish unwanted opinion.

I post in a different style to you. I support in my way and I am decent enough to respect that you support in your way. You don't own the template of support.

It is the arrogance of posters like you that royally fcuk me off because invariably you resort to insults and indignation that other Spurs fans must sit betwixt certain lines.

Only an absolute moron would question my support so I guess if the cap fits....

In your childish unwanted opinion.

I post in a different style to you. I support in my way and I am decent enough to respect that you support in your way. You don't own the template of support.

It is the arrogance of posters like you that royally fcuk me off because invariably you resort to insults and indignation that other Spurs fans must sit betwixt certain lines.

Only an absolute moron would question my support so I guess if the cap fits....
In any reasoned discussion, when one of the protagonists resorts to questioning the intelligence of their opposite number, it's a clear sign that their argument is weak and failing.
It walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck and it has webbed feet like a duck

Absolutely.

Emery been there one season.

Identifed gaps, got them playing how he wants and being backed.

Pochettino must look at him in envy.

Why's this troll still here ... you love Woolich so much go fuckin' support them

Fact is Emery spent 80m last summer identified fuck all, they shipped even more goals than the previous year ending up finishing 5th ... is that what you are craving for?

Not one of his signings or loans would get in our starting eleven ... Suarez, Sokratis, Leno, Lichtsteiner are you seriously talking them up? what sort of daft cunt are you? they are all shit

Even Torreira and Guendozi are not top four players ... not close to Eriksen, Son, Dele, Ndombele, Winks, or Sissoko ...

As for this summer: Pepe? well we passed on him, Saliba in 12 months for 30m? Ceballos on a gap year? you're welcome to all of 'em, again not a Spurs player between them

Pochettino must look at them and laugh his socks off ... I know I do ...

You probably weep, but then it hurts to be overtaken by your local rivals doesn't it. You might claim you post in "a different style" but when your posts support Woolwich style doesn't matter - you're just being a cunt

Last edited:
Is there an age restriction on here? If so it must be set at very young.

Your little kiddie gang should all be up soon.

Waste of space.

Regardless of what you believe it‘s not an age thing. More likely to be connected to personality. Something that is very hard to change at all. My first 3 years as a doc I worked in a psychiatric acute team and can tell you that personality disorders are extremely hard to treat.

Most people don’t have disorders that stand in the way of life, but still have a personality that makes it hard for them to work inside a group. I‘m still talking in general terms here.

If someone has a positive output it‘s likely to stay so and vice versa. Where am I going with this? Those children, which you call them are more likely to be baffled by your negativity. It might be more of an internet persona, but more likely it’s your natural way of thinking, always believing the glass is half full. Waiting for the rain when the sun is shining etc. Good luck with that, and your entitled to such opinions, but it’s no big surprise that you won’t get hundreds that share your general view. As I‘m sure you understand I don’t expect anything to change and the same kind of opinions and general view of things you will meet the same issues in a dozen years in a different forum with different people with a different age. And the reason why they don’t agree with you will be found in the mirror, now and then.

In any reasoned discussion, when one of the protagonists resorts to questioning the intelligence of their opposite number, it's a clear sign that their argument is weak and failing.
Similarly, in any reasoned discussion, when one of the protagonists resorts to questioning the team that their opposite number supports, it's a clear sign that their argument is weak and failing.

Similarly, in any reasoned discussion, when one of the protagonists resorts to questioning the team that their opposite number supports, it's a clear sign that their argument is weak and failing.
I explained why I asked. He does post a lot of critical stuff about Spurs and then posted a pro goon comment. I cant actually remember anything by him that made me think he was spurs till he died.
Plus, I wasnt actually having an argument or discussion with him, I just made an observation about his last post.

Palace have reached an agreement with Betis to take Camarasa on loan for the season, with an obligation to buy the player for €13.5 million if they stay up, according to ABC de Sevilla.

Shame we don't have their negotiator, who obviously didn't read the memo about it not being like Football Manager

Back
Top Bottom